losing bf with moderate carbs

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
hi guys

Reading CKD and it seems very effective from reading ppl's experience.

I've tried going low carb, hi protein and fat but my stomach can't handle it.

if i was to go carbs - 40% protein 40% fat - 20% of my daily intake.. but the overall calories being in deficit by 500 kcals, would that be effective in fat loss?

If not, what's a way to lose fat effectively but intaking moderate amount of carbs..

cheeers.

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
As long as you get a deficit below maintenance you will lose weight. Make sure that you are getting sufficient Essential Fatty Acids as a part of the FAT. Otherwise FAT consumption should be fine split 33% between Saturated, Poly and Mono. Fiberous CHO choices will be your best choice. Attempt to stay away from processed CHOs as much as possible.

What is your present weight, estimated %BF and daily Kcal intake?

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering, what stomach problems did you have while doing low carb?

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
As long as you get a deficit below maintenance you will lose weight. Make sure that you are getting sufficient Essential Fatty Acids as a part of the FAT. Otherwise FAT consumption should be fine split 33% between Saturated, Poly and Mono. Fiberous CHO choices will be your best choice. Attempt to stay away from processed CHOs as much as possible.

What is your present weight, estimated %BF and daily Kcal intake?

Ah I see.
Yea i try keeping the fat as Peanut butter, nuts, olive oil and fat from tuna. I get about i get about 40g fat a day.. i'd say about 15g is saturated and 25g is EFAs.

My current
height : 5'8 - 5'9
weight : 182.6 lbs
est. BF: 18%

My BMR is roughly 2050kcals
On my workout days i take 2000kcals and try to burn 2500 -2600kcals

On non-workout days, I take 1700kcals and try to burn 2200kcals (through cardio)

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering, what stomach problems did you have while doing low carb?

I went below 20g for 2 days in a row and upped my protein and fat quite significantly.

I'd got a very acidic stomach throughout the days, kept passing gas and also diorhoea.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I went below 20g for 2 days in a row and upped my protein and fat quite significantly.

I'd got a very acidic stomach throughout the days, kept passing gas and also diorhoea.
You know, that's odd, people usually suffer from constipation while on a low carb diet.

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
Ah I see.
Yea i try keeping the fat as Peanut butter, nuts, olive oil and fat from tuna. I get about i get about 40g fat a day.. i'd say about 15g is saturated and 25g is EFAs.

My current
height : 5'8 - 5'9
weight : 182.6 lbs
est. BF: 18%

My BMR is roughly 2050kcals
On my workout days i take 2000kcals and try to burn 2500 -2600kcals

On non-workout days, I take 1700kcals and try to burn 2200kcals (through cardio)
just as a reminder, you have barely any omega 3 sources. you seem to have a lot of omega 6 sources instead. Strive for a balance of 1:1 omega 6 to omega 3 for your EFAs. omega 6's are very plentiful in the standard american diet, so no need getting extra mounts of it.

the fat from tuna is omega 3, but unless you're eating yellow fin tuna or some rare fatty version, you are probably get very low amounts of fat (like canned tuna or ahi tuna).

I'd definitely switch over to walnuts as much as possible, add flax seeds to your night time cottage cheese or your oatmeal, and eat fatty fish every other day if not everyday.

your other fat sources should be the standard fat loss agents, CLA and Seasmin. those will make up 6-18 grams a day. I'd shoot for the lower end if you are already getting a sufficient amount of fat.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
just as a reminder, you have barely any omega 3 sources. you seem to have a lot of omega 6 sources instead. Strive for a balance of 1:1 omega 6 to omega 3 for your EFAs. omega 6's are very plentiful in the standard american diet, so no need getting extra mounts of it.

the fat from tuna is omega 3, but unless you're eating yellow fin tuna or some rare fatty version, you are probably get very low amounts of fat (like canned tuna or ahi tuna).

I'd definitely switch over to walnuts as much as possible, add flax seeds to your night time cottage cheese or your oatmeal, and eat fatty fish every other day if not everyday.

your other fat sources should be the standard fat loss agents, CLA and Seasmin. those will make up 6-18 grams a day. I'd shoot for the lower end if you are already getting a sufficient amount of fat.
ahh thanks man.

YEa the Tuna i eat is from the cans and quite low in fat, only 5g for 200g.

I'll get hold of walnuts and flax seeds, i'm guessing these are omega 3s?

Fear

Fear

Awards
hi guys

Reading CKD and it seems very effective from reading ppl's experience.

I've tried going low carb, hi protein and fat but my stomach can't handle it.

if i was to go carbs - 40% protein 40% fat - 20% of my daily intake.. but the overall calories being in deficit by 500 kcals, would that be effective in fat loss?

If not, what's a way to lose fat effectively but intaking moderate amount of carbs..

cheeers.
It IS possible to lose weight effectively while on a moderate carb diet, in fact I personally recommend it because fiber helps out with digestion and overall weight loss.

Keep in mind that you should be refraining from simple carbs such as sugars. Try to get all of your carbs from complex sources, such as oats, whole breads, brown rice... you get the point. Spread it out into your meals but try to avoid eating too much during the afternoon/night. Hope this helps.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It IS possible to lose weight effectively while on a moderate carb diet, in fact I personally recommend it because fiber helps out with digestion and overall weight loss.

Keep in mind that you should be refraining from simple carbs such as sugars. Try to get all of your carbs from complex sources, such as oats, whole breads, brown rice... you get the point. Spread it out into your meals but try to avoid eating too much during the afternoon/night. Hope this helps.
I agree with above - you could also look at a nutrient partitioner to assist.

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Cycling my carbohydrate intake has been working wonders for me lately, and it is really easy to do in order to bulk or cut.

I run a weekly protocol of High/Low/No/Low/No/Low/No. Tailor it to however your body adapts to carbs. This work well, because you can target your lifting days to when you do take in carbs for that extra energy boost and for proper repair. And some nice lower intensity cardio on the no carb days to speed up fat loss has been working as well. I am not really an advocate for no carb diets because I find (personally) my workouts truly suffer. Whatever works for you man!