My strength/mass program see what you think.

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
I'm working on my strength gains trying to get my 1 rep bench over 300 pounds and build some mass as well. My goal weight is 190 by October. Currently I'm at 177lbs. Here is what I'm doing now:

Monday: Chest
Flat Bench (switch DB to BB every 2 weeks) 4,4,6,6,8
Incline Dumbells: 4,4,6,6,8
Sitting Press Machine: 4,4,6,6,8
Incline Flyes 6,6,8,8,10
Cable Crossovers: 6,8,8,10

Tuesday: Bi's and Tri's
Bar Curls: 4,6,6,8
Sitting Curls: 4,6,6,8,8
Preacher Curls 4,6,6,8
Cable Curls 6,6,8,8
Pull Downs 6,6,8,8
Closed Grip Bench 6,6,8,8
One armed Push downs (very slow) 6,6,8,8

Wednesday: Off

Thursday: Shoulders
Upright rows 4,4,6,6,8
Front Military Presses 4,6,6,8
Shoulder Press Machine 4,4,6,6,8
Lateral Raises (past 90 degrees) 4,6,6,8
Side Raises 4,6,6,8

Friday: Back
Lat Pull downs 4,4,6,6,8
Close pulldowns 4,4,6,6,8
DB Rows 4,4,6,6,8
Single arm Cable pulldowns 4,4,6,6,8
Cable rows 4 sets till failure with decs. weight

Saturday: Legs
Squats 4,4,6,6,8 w/two warmups
Seated Calf raises warmup w/4 sets till failure pyramid down
Standing Calf Raises 4 sets till failure pyramid down
Lunges 8,8,10,10
By this time im extremely tired haha

I have got some good strengthj gains in the thyree weeks Ive been on this program just wondering what you guys think. I gained 30lbs in a year and a half from doin 5x5 (used to weigh 149lbs) so I think I wanna go back to low rep stuff. I'm doin a 4 week cycle of trenadrol and should I stick with this or up the reps?

Go big or go home? Is this true?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
looks good for stength. mass gains would be slim though since you are only doing one set of 8. depends on what your main focus is. i'm going for more strength than mass myself so it looks good to me. two thoughts - reverse curls (targets branches), and rear delts (either pullovers, or laying face down on an incline and doing flyes) need to be incorporated. i would also add deadlifts for back days, but if you don't want to gain in the waist its not for you.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would start the week with legs when you are the most fresh. Also, doing triceps after chest is a bad idea because the triceps are heavily involved in all pressing movements.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
good point - i forgot to check out what days are doing what. as rodja mentioned - you don't want to train something, then use it as a secondary muscle group the day after. a better approach would be:
M - chest
T - back
W - off
Th - shoulders (since back uses them)
F - arms (since you can't do any lifting after beating them up
S - legs

or something like that.

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
Yea i think im gonna go with that routine. I've noticed the bicep soreness I just love doing arms haha. So:

M: Chest
T: Back
W: Off
TH: Shoulders
F: Arms
S: Legs

Should I maybe cut a set of 4 out of every set and replace that with a set of 8? i.e. Flat bench 4,6,6,8,8 instead of 4,4,6,6,8? Or should I stop doing the 4 rep stuff and concentrate on 6-8 on all sets?

Our rec center at college gets pissssseeddd if you do deadlifts cause of the floor. It sucks

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
4 + 6 are great for strength - i keep mine at 6 reps
8 + 10 are best for mass - i would do two of 8 just to keep strength and mass gains about the same.

maybe 4 + 6 + 6 + 8 + 8 - experiment around a bit - everyone is different in this regard. find out what works best for YOU.

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
I've been doin 8-10 for a while now. I wanna change it up especially now that I'm starting something different supplement wise with the trenadrol.

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
I work back hard cause Ihave scoliosis and my doc told me to strengthen my back muscles to help with the pain. It actually has really helped. I will def try the flat bench medicine ball throws.