Arms - Intensity , Frequency, Volume

Lotto

Lotto

Awards
Ok so i make gain on everything else but my arms. there sitting at about 15 3/4......and i have a 44 inch chest.....

what method works best in YOUR expierence...

dadream

dadream

Awards
  • Established
when doing bicep curls bring the weight down(negatives) slowly for about 3-4 secs. Try to go heavy enough without comprimising your form, for 4-6 reps. Most importantly EAT high quality foods for building muscle! For me personally especially on shoulders you just need an all out assault on those hard to grow muscles.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i have the same problem w/arms.
i was sitting at a 42" chest and 14.75" arms last yr.
it's been my goal to bring my arms up over the past yr and now they are just over the 16" mark.

i dedicated a day to working primarily arms where before i would work them with chest or back.

i try to completly torch them on that day.
drop sets, heavy negatives, supersets, high reps, low reps, everything all in the same day.
and then take a day off any push, pull or arms excercise the next day to let them recover.

also, i did have to get bigger everywhere for my arms to grow - but proportionally they grew the most.
i feel that big muscle moves like squats, deads and some olympic lifts helped.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
My arms grow like crazy, and I attribute that to two factors:

genetics

and

heavy compound movements.

I don't do many curls. The most isolation movements that I do for my biceps on a given week are either: 3 sets of barbell curls or 3 sets of preacher curls followed by 3 sets of concentration curls or incline dumbell curls. I also work bi's a bit with reverse curls and hammer curls.

For triceps I do skull crushers, ez bar overhead extensions 3 sets each. My big tricep movement is close grip bench press.

More than anything arms grow as a result of working my other body parts.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
i have the same problem w/arms.
i was sitting at a 42" chest and 14.75" arms last yr.
it's been my goal to bring my arms up over the past yr and now they are just over the 16" mark.

i dedicated a day to working primarily arms where before i would work them with chest or back.

i try to completly torch them on that day.
drop sets, heavy negatives, supersets, high reps, low reps, everything all in the same day.
and then take a day off any push, pull or arms excercise the next day to let them recover.

also, i did have to get bigger everywhere for my arms to grow - but proportionally they grew the most.
i feel that big muscle moves like squats, deads and some olympic lifts helped.
I think your dead on. If a particular muscle isn't responding you have to work it that much harder, not necessarily more but harder. Example look at Arnold and the lack of developement in his legs early on in his career. He noticed the weak spot and just went balls to the wall with squats and created some impressive wheels. Hard work pays off and arms are no exception.

Lotto

Lotto

Awards
well right now i am in a upper/lower split...

arms being done on my lower day with legs....so that would be twice a week....i just started this part of my 3 phase program this week and hopefully i will see some improvement.....

everyone always says you have to eat alot of high quality foods ..i do dont get me wrong....i know alotta guys that eat whatever they want and grow more then i do.....its ****ed......