Need some help! Best program for maintenence when cutting?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Guys I am really having some trouble designing a good program for maintenece while cutting. Here are the parameters I am working with...... any help would be appreciated.

1 hour to workout, 4-5 days per week max

Fat loss seems to stalll if cardio is not performed, so cardio is a must

No need to gain mass at this point just maintin LBM while cutting

Very prone to overtraining

Do basically I am just looking for a good program that will allow for maintence of lbm in all muscle groups (as best as possible) without inducing overtraining, which incorporates cardio and fits into a time schedule of 4-5 times per week for 1 hour.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Mr.50

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Reduce your overall kcals by 10% and drink 20-25g of BCAA while training.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Reduce your overall kcals by 10% and drink 20-25g of BCAA while training.

Much appreciated Rodja but what actual type of training split/method is really best for maintenence while on a cut? I have experimented with a lot of different types but I notice that with the decrease in calories and the increase in cardio I tend to overtrain easily.

Mr.50

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Don't change your training, just add in some cardio sessions. Post-WO or fasted is recommended, but remember this: cardio or diet alone will change your physique. You are probably overtraining because, to your body, you are hitting it with 2 stimuli at the same time and causing a large kcal deficit. For example, let's say you eat 3000 kcals/day and you reduce that by 10% (300 kcals) and add in cardio (~300-400 kcals), you are actually around a 20% kcal deficit.