No Time For Legs

adonnas

Awards
Just throwing something at you all for feedback.
Lately i have been training for pre-season for sports, fun runs, and general trying to stay trim cardio sessions which are:
6:00 am - Morning Run
Lunch - i work in a very flexible office with a shower that allows me to play touch football mon - wed - fri and i do a 7.5km run tue and thu.
Post Workout - Usually 30 mins on bike or cross-trainer.

Then after that i have soccer training 2 evenings a week for outdoor, and play indoor for roughly 3 hours every sunday night.

Now, due to the amount of cardio that i have been doing lately i have been generally skipping my leg days at the gym because i haven't wanted to be wrecked for my sports and training.
I am still training as hard as i can on all other parts of my body so my question is:
Is there a way to train with my cardio so that i can develop my legs without having to disrupt my other sports by too much. I am taking extra supplements to try and speed recovery after a session but from a full evening of squats etc... i'm usually a mess for 1 - 2 days after.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
I don't know, I'm a firm believer that squats are a nessesity for overall strength and gains. If you could fit them in somewhere, your overall program will benefit . Just do like 10 sets of 10 working up to medium heavy weight, once a week before your off day, or a light day. I think the cardio and sports will be enough for the smaller leg muscles, but the squats are a great quad and overall strength gainer.

tattoopierced1

training legs are very important.. i'd say cut some of the sports out for a few weeks until you can get acclimated to working legs and getting over the initial soreness...

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You can also do your cardio on a full incline for part of the time. It will help define legs some. However I agree and say suck it up and do legs. Get some Extend from Scivation and add it to your water. It helps some with the DOMs.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
You can also do your cardio on a full incline for part of the time. It will help define legs some. However I agree and say suck it up and do legs. Get some Extend from Scivation and add it to your water. It helps some with the DOMs.
If you're already taking digestive enzymes before you eat, you can take them 30 minutes to an hour before you eat and they can help with DOMs as well.

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
Is there a way to train with my cardio so that i can develop my legs without having to disrupt my other sports by too much.
No. For your legs to develop in size, you'll need to increasingly add weight. All forms of squats are good. As intensity increases, you'll need additional recovery time, unless you're supplementing with AAS.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
The posts above cover most of it.. I def think you should work in some squats and some heavier leg work.. In my case (and a few others on this board) training legs seemed to let the whole body progress in strength and size