weight on the squat rack

grinningman

grinningman

Awards
ive incorporated squats into my workout for a lot of reasons, boosted T levels, lower body strength, etc. im feeling better overall and my other workouts have benefited. but my question is, how important is the weight im squatting? will my test levels still spike if i dont do as much weight? like 135 for endurance, or 185 4x10? i workout on my own so its been a while since football where we maxed out every 2-3 weeks, i just dont max anymore on squats. should i?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Higher intensity correlates to higher levels of T, GH, etc. Doing max singles is not necessary, however; you can do max sets of 3-5 reps, which I think is safer anyway.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
safety is a bigger concern than maximizing those levels when your working alone. you won't make jack **** progress if hurt yourself.

that being said you can use safety pins or suspend the bar in chains as a self spotter.

smoundzou

smoundzou

Awards
I agree... also, also long as you're using a progressive load, "gradually incdreasing the weight each time you workout", that's really all your muscles need to be stimulated to release more test..

As an example.. If I max out on a 400lbs squat. I can still continue to have good test releases and growth as long as I progress the load form workout to workout.

Squat Workout 1
4X8X300lbs
Squat Workout 2
4X8X315lbs

althougt I'm not anywhere near my max lift, I'm still using a progressive load which stimulates a greater release of test and helps keep my muscles from adapting the workout. The problem most have is they get stuck at a particular weight and the muscles adapt and test release slow to little or nothing.