Training question from a Rookie

MXdude153

Awards
Hey everybody I'm a young guy 17 that has been working out for about 5-6 months on and off and am now getting serious about it. I joined golds gym and it really motivates me with all of the body builders. I am now 5'8 11%BF 147 (gone up from 135) I have faith in my training program so far except I have a question. I've just last week started a new intense 5 week phase and was wondering if any of you Body Building experts could give me any advice. My new plan consists of the following
Heavy weight 6-8 reps in morning 7-9AM
Light weight high reps 13-16 night 7-9 AM
4-5000 calories each day
5-6 meals a day(usually 5 due to my schedule)
Around 400g protein with shakes before and after both workouts.
Lot's of carbs and low fat foods.
The supplements I am taking are
Createine(sp) with ethyl-esther before and after the heavy weight work out in the AM
L-arginine 3x 500g between meals throughout day
1000mg taurine AM
1000mg flaxseed AM
1000mg Vitamin C
500mg glucosamine
2400mg calcium
Healthy n Fit super multi vitamin pak
Axis HT test booster 2 pills 3x daily with meals
Triple tea metabolism boosting stuff
Glutamin is mixed in with shakes 2g in each (cytogainer)

My question is will the working out twice a day be too much for my body? Also I am resting 2 days a week. After the 5 weeks of twice a day I will go to once a day 15-20 reps for 2 weeks to give my joints a relief.
It may be of some convience to know that I have a broken leg currently (calcium and glucosamine). I am only doing upper body and splitting upper body into two days. Each muscle has one day of rest.

Thanks for any help you guys give me! This is a pretty rigorus plan to follow so please let me know if it will be producing and bad results!!

-Ethan

MXdude153

Awards
One more question. The only fat I have and is due to inactivity from leg is stored in the "love handle" region. How would I get rid of this??

colindep

colindep

Awards
  • Established
One more question. The only fat I have and is due to inactivity from leg is stored in the "love handle" region. How would I get rid of this??
If your trying to bulk I think your going to have to live with the love handles for a while. I would cut out that afternoon workout, it seems like a routine that intense for a beginner will just cause overtraining.
When I was between 17 and 20 I put on about fifty pounds by just working out 4-5 times per week using mainly compound exercises and heavy weight. I went from 165lbs to 206lbs in those three years. For supplements I stuck to just flax/fish oil, vitamins, whey protein/weight gainer formulas and creatine.
I would suggest doing:
Monday: Chest/abs
Tuesday: Back/calves
Wednesday: off
Thursday: Shoulders/traps/calves
Friday: Biceps/Triceps
Saturday: Legs
Sun:eek:ff
This is the best advice I can give because it worked for me but everyone is different so experiment with different routines and find what works for you.
Good Luck man.

MXdude153

Awards
Hey thanks a ton for the advice Colin I really appreciate you giving me some feedback I had pretty much given up on the thread.
I like the schedule that you have and will probably do something similar once my leg is healed (broken tib/fib) as of now I can only work upper body.
Thanks a lot for the response!