Three Sets of three reps

deaconbill

Awards
Does anyone know the details or an article of some lifting regimen of three sets of three reps?  Heard it is a good cutting routine.  Thanks for any info.

wardog

Awards
  • Established
Never heard of it. To me it sounds like a hell of an opportunity for injury without some good warmups. The weights you would need to use to get a good workout on a 3x3 would probably have to be pretty close to maximal.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Never heard of it. To me it sounds like a hell of an opportunity for injury without some good warmups. The weights you would need to use to get a good workout on a 3x3 would probably have to be pretty close to maximal.
Very True....sounds more like a bulking routine to me Bill, you generally want higher reps for cutting to stimulate different degrees of different type 1, type 2a and type 2b muscle fibers not to mention it becomes sort of a cardio routine which burns calories, mainly from fat since the lifts generally arent explosive enough to require glycolosis.

deaconbill

Awards
Thanks guys.  BTW, did you guys here about our OSU Cowboys trouncing our in-state rival OU?  It was the best game I've ever witnessed.  Just thought I'd throw that in; may get to go to sunny FL for the Tangerine Bowl.  Beats the Toilet Bowl we frequently see.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Thanks guys.  BTW, did you guys here about our OSU Cowboys trouncing our in-state rival OU?  It was the best game I've ever witnessed.  Just thought I'd throw that in; may get to go to sunny FL for the Tangerine Bowl.  Beats the Toilet Bowl we frequently see.
I saw it! And it was awesome! Did anyone see the Thundering Herd of Marshall and Byron Leftwich romp Ball State's ass!? I was there! ow ow

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
i have love for OSU. (only cuz they gave my supersonics desmond mason. he couldnt be more sick......desmase!!!)

shady

Awards
hey now don't be talking sh1t about my sooners.
<------------------- origanaly from Norman

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey, how 'bout them Georgia Bulldogs whipping everyone's ass and taking names later??

If only we could play those damn Buckeyes, we'd give them what for! You hear me??? Damn the man!

Clintdogg

Clintdogg

Awards
what aboiut 5 sets of 5. thats what my brother does.