wrist pain limiting one's poundage on curls

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
man............ today was bicep day and i think that i almost broke my friggin wrist.

like today, and alike what i usually do, i did standing barbell curls, ez-bar preacher curls, and reverse barbell curls.

on my last set of the standing's i went really heavy and it felt like if i did just one more rep, my wrist was gonna snap.

on prch's i couldn't even do 95lbs. for 5 good reps. due to my wrists making it totally impossible. ive never had this problem before, and it pi$$es me off cuz if this is final, then i wont have anymore growth on my arms.

anyone ever have this problem before? any sugg's? any feedback would be great.

thx

oh yea, i was using a 7-foot bar for my standing's, and maybe that was the culprit?

elijah_123

Awards
Use dumbells only for awhile. My wrist used to kill me on barbell curls and bench. So I switched to dumbells for curls and bench for a few months. I believe the extra work my wrists had to do while still being free to move helped alot. Now I can bench with no problem and curl with a bar with only the occasional pain.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
theres an idea. thx.

i was also thinking of maybe usin a brace of some sort for awhile. kinda like the one used for bowling?

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
man............ today was bicep day and i think that i almost broke my friggin wrist.

like today, and alike what i usually do, i did standing barbell curls, ez-bar preacher curls, and reverse barbell curls.

on my last set of the standing's i went really heavy and it felt like if i did just one more rep, my wrist was gonna snap.

on prch's i couldn't even do 95lbs. for 5 good reps. due to my wrists making it totally impossible. ive never had this problem before, and it pi$$es me off cuz if this is final, then i wont have anymore growth on my arms.

anyone ever have this problem before? any sugg's? any feedback would be great.

thx

oh yea, i was using a 7-foot bar for my standing's, and maybe that was the culprit?
Use a weight low enough that you can get in 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps with perfect form. Biceps respond better to strict form. Craig Titus gained on inch on his arms by lowering his dumbell weight and gaining total control throughout the movement.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Re: Re: wrist pain limiting one's poundage on curls

Use a weight low enough that you can get in 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps with perfect form. Biceps respond better to strict form. Craig Titus gained on inch on his arms by lowering his dumbell weight and gaining total control throughout the movement.

yea i hear u bro. but that was proper form. i already did take off some weight to try and just maintain, but the pain is really deep and throughout my whole wrist.

theSCHICK

Awards
I know what you are talking about. I have had some really bad pain in my left wrist for over a year. I think it is permanent. I will no longer use a straight bar for curls. I can barely use the ez-curl bar without some pain. I think I have some bone problem, I can not supinate my wrists. My bicep days are spent with the dumpbells.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
well, there's always synthol. :D

of course im joking.;)

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Wrap you wrist tightly. I found a descent Velcro wrist wrap at a local sports store. If I wrap it tighter than crap, the pressure seems to relieve the wrist and forearm pain considerably.

db682

Awards
  • Established
Im with Bow

I would get serious pain in both wrist while doing preacher curls and once the pain started it wouldnt end until the advil kicked in. I always ended up doing preacher curls last until I started noticeing it while doing other curl motions as well. It was weird because it hurt the most after I racked the weight and started letting go. I had to SSSLLLLOOOOOWWWWLLLYYY uncurl my fingers or the pain would kill me. I did what Bow suggested. except I just bought a good set of gloves (Harbinger, from bb.com) with wrap around straps. Tighten the crap out of them and you dont feel crap afterwards. I also got the lifting hooks for Shrugs because I started getting it there to. Cured it right up. No more pain and the straps have actually help my forearms grow better because of the way you have to support them with your fingers.
Good Luck and hope I gave you an idea to work with.
db

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Re: Im with Bow

I would get serious pain in both wrist while doing preacher curls and once the pain started it wouldnt end until the advil kicked in. I always ended up doing preacher curls last until I started noticeing it while doing other curl motions as well. It was weird because it hurt the most after I racked the weight and started letting go. I had to SSSLLLLOOOOOWWWWLLLYYY uncurl my fingers or the pain would kill me. I did what Bow suggested. except I just bought a good set of gloves (Harbinger, from bb.com) with wrap around straps. Tighten the crap out of them and you dont feel crap afterwards. I also got the lifting hooks for Shrugs because I started getting it there to. Cured it right up. No more pain and the straps have actually help my forearms grow better because of the way you have to support them with your fingers.
Good Luck and hope I gave you an idea to work with.
db
bro u are so right with un-gripping the bar at the end of the set. it first started w/ preachers with me too. after a while, it happened to straight bar, reverse, etc. which i must say, i like straight bars' the most. esp. with a 7-foot BB--i can get more control that way. hopefully ill be able to get back with those.

those gloves sound like what ive been looking for. ive been using an ace bandage, but no help with that. haven't gotten around to looking for anything else just yet. ill take a look at them, thx.

db682

Awards
  • Established
No problem

Im Here to learn and help, Good luck.
db