FIX ME -- Upper Bicep/Delt Pain

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I've been having difficulty with machine bicep curls as of late in regards to my left side. For tha longest time I was doing great and continuing to get stronger, a little faster than I thought possible and maintained a good bit of this into my cut. Recently however I've been experiencing pain/ excessive inflammation/ weakness on tha front upper portion of my bicep near my armpit area and what feels like what attaches up underneath my front delt. After a bout of a good set or two I feel as if someone throttled me in tha shoulder... as I said, super inflamed and feels a bit numb... I pretty much end up losing all strength. So I'm going to lay off for a while but I don't know if it's from overuse as in bicep tendonitis, bad form due to my imbalance, or a combination of tha two.

I'm up for suggestions...

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
You should defenetly see a doctor, particurly because you say you have numbness. I would lay off that area in the meantime.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
You should defenetly see a doctor, particurly because you say you have numbness. I would lay off that area in the meantime.
Only after performing that exercise... what I need to do is find a good ART practitioner IMO.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Try a bi movement that doesnt have you pulling forward with your delts to assist your bi curl. some movements more than others have you primed to initiate your pull with your delts, maybe this is aggrevating the condition. you could have a rotor imbalace hows the front/rear dlet ratio? try adding in some rotor cuff exercises?

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Try a bi movement that doesnt have you pulling forward with your delts to assist your bi curl. some movements more than others have you primed to initiate your pull with your delts, maybe this is aggrevating the condition.
I think you're right, point taken. Thanks for tha advice... maybe I'll just let this heal up a bit and start out with lower reps rather than ball buster weight. I think that's more or less how I got into trouble in tha first place plus I'm cutting so recovery is slow.

I really don't have other options as a replacement movement.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I think you're right, point taken. Thanks for tha advice... maybe I'll just let this heal up a bit and start out with lower reps rather than ball buster weight. I think that's more or less how I got into trouble in tha first place plus I'm cutting so recovery is slow.

I really don't have other options as a replacement movement.
I throw down a switch to alleviate any elbow/shoulder pain and build peaks. tuck elbows back and into your sides and dont move em, the upper arm is rigid and the range of motion is slightly hindered you should touch tops of your thigh and only be able to curl to your nipples if upper arm stays rigid. Use lighter weight, give it a try.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like it might also be bicepital tendonitis, which is something I had problems with for a LONG time.

Bump on stretching and icing...especially before workouts, get good and warm.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like it might also be bicepital tendonitis, which is something I had problems with for a LONG time.

Bump on stretching and icing...especially before workouts, get good and warm.

Thanks to all... especially you sweetie. ;)