Best Exercise for Widening the back and shoulders?

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I'm interested in getting some advice on exercises that will give width to my shoulders, back, and lats. What are some suggestions? I've heard bent over rows, flys, and weighted pull ups are decent.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Check out some other threads with similar titles and the exact same topic, this has been a trouble spot for many lifters and has been adressed as such. try "chins" or " back width" using the search button. good luck.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Or better yet scroll to the bottom of this page under "similar threads" and check out what others are saying.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I get decent results on lat pulldowns for width and military presses for shoulders.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
For back do wide grip pull ups and pull downs. For Delts do Military press (in front of head) going down only untill your elbows are at 90 deg., at it is all traps if you go any lower.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Military press hit the front delts primarily, these get plenty of work. Im my shoulder routine i do 1 front delt movement then 2-3 side/rear movements. this will thicken you up from the back and side angles.

MiKeY ReSp

Awards
  • Established
I'm interested in getting some advice on exercises that will give width to my shoulders, back, and lats. What are some suggestions? I've heard bent over rows, flys, and weighted pull ups are decent.
What does your current work out look like?

To add the best overall mass to your shoulders do military presses and dumbbell presses. To add width to your back and lats concentrate on deadlifts, wide grip chins, and wide grip lat pulldowns. BB Rowing is great as well for thickness.