Broken arm.. muscle recovery techniques?

BLaCkSiLo

Awards
hey guys, i have been in a cast now for about two weeks, got 4 more to go after breaking my arm riding my dirt bike and already my forearm/bi/tri have atrophied...i am on protein and glutamine right now in all efforts to try and hang on to the muscle i have gained over the last year i have been lifting hard... my question was when i can hit the gym again, how should i begin training my weak arm?

should i train like normal like i always have and train both sides equally? or should i train only the one side until it catches up? also, should i get a squeeze handle to work the forearm at home? and right now should i lift with the good side of my body to keep what i have and then have the weak side catch up or just wait till i can train both?

thanks for all the info,
~James

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Search for CEDeoudes59 and look at his recent threads. He had great success with IGF and a major leg injury.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
When I broke my wrist I was too worried about it snapping again(only ever broke one bone) to get back to lifting normally for a good bit after I was out of a cast. I would say do a lot of light weight exercises and focus on lower body if it's lacking :)

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
muscle memory my friend, you'll be back to normal in no time. if you have physical therapy set up make sure you go through that. #1 important thing to do is make sure your tendons and ligaments get back up to par before anything else. you'll be back to normal in a couple months. dont worry

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gonzo14 Iconic Formulations 7
grant123 Pro Bodybuilding 6
Anabolics 9
Anabolics 2
General Chat 13