GVT Question

babygetoboy

Banned
Awards
Hey guys, did the first 2 workouts of GVT and I am wrecked. I have a question about the 3rd.

The 10 sets of Incline Hammer Curls, Is that hammer curls with a dumbell or is he talking about Hammer Machine Preacher curls.

I assumed DB Inlcine Hammers, but I just wanted to check before my workout tomorrow, thanks.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by babygetoboy
Hey guys, did the first 2 workouts of GVT and I am wrecked. I have a question about the 3rd.

The 10 sets of Incline Hammer Curls, Is that hammer curls with a dumbell or is he talking about Hammer Machine Preacher curls.

I assumed DB Inlcine Hammers, but I just wanted to check before my workout tomorrow, thanks.
DB hammer curls, good luck ;) :D

babygetoboy

Banned
Awards
Thanks, if I get as sore as my legs are right now I won't be able to use my arms at all! GVT is rough, but I like it. Take Friday, saturday and sunday as rest right?

wardog

Awards
  • Established
Yes, Sat and sun are blessed relieve. It gets better..just the first few weks..SUCK..stay strong bro..it is worth it

crazypete

Awards
poliquin would probably have a heart attack if someone used the hammerstrength bicpes machines while following his routines.

deaconbill

Awards
Use an incline bench, grab the dumbells and do full range of motion hammer curls with a slow pace and perfect form.  I just got through a 12 week GVT series and I loved the results.  As has been said before, the first week or two are the hardest but it never really gets easy.

MadChild

Awards
I've been reading this stuff on GVT on the boards and it sounds like you have to be doing a cycle in order to benefit and not overtrain. Is this assumtion correct or could I do 4 weeks of GVT before going back to my regular routine without any damage. I haven't done a cycle and I don't know if I will.

MadChild

Awards
Just a quick bump. I've decided to stick to my normal routine of 4 weeks 8-12 reps, 4 weeks 6-8 reps and 4 weeks of 10-20 reps not necessarily in that order.

If someone could answer my original question though, that would be good.

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You don't have to be doing a cycle to not overtrain using GVT. Proper rest,diet and supps will do fine. The last time I did it I was taking Liver tabs,creatine, and GABA and I was just fine.

MadChild

Awards
I noticed your name is Sifu. Do you practice Kung Fu?

Thanks for the info.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Santee Training Forum 1
jtterrible Training Forum 10
Wudog Training Forum 5
Training Forum 1
Training Forum 3