Training after injury.

F

Flavor

Awards
I injured my rear delt over a month ago, and it's finally gone back to feeling normal. No pain through certain movements, etc. So I'm going to start training again tonight, and am wondering exactly how to do so. Here are the circumstances:

My old split was,

Monday: Delts/Tri's/Traps
Wednesday: Back/Abs
Friday: Chest/Biceps/Forearms

My left rear delt felt pretty shredded after Monday's workout, but I went ahead and worked back 2 days later. When I got home... I was in pain.

I'd like to start training again, but I'd also like to incorporate some other things into my workout. I want to do punching bag work, yoga, and HIIT cardio. I was thinking about something like doing cardio Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings, and yoga on those evenings. I'm not sure how I'd work the punching bag in, and I'm worried my legs will be worn out for yoga. Any thoughts, either on how I should ease back into training, or how I could work all these aspects into my training?

F

Flavor

Awards
I was doing a set of squats, deadlifts, and standing calf raises before every workout. Doesn't really factor into my question though, so I didn't include it.

S

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
I was doing a set of squats, deadlifts, and standing calf raises before every workout. Doesn't really factor into my question though, so I didn't include it.
Wait, so, you're not doing legs? And, certain angles when doing back will incorporate the rear delts almost exlusively.

F

Flavor

Awards
No no, I am doing legs. It's pseudo-HST for legs, traditional for the rest of it.