Targeting long and medial heads of tri's

Jay Mc

Awards
anyone know of an exercise that targets more the long and medial heads of the tricep? Thx.

J

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
long head: side one arm reverse grip pushdown, one arm dumbbell extention

medial head: seated rope cable pushdown

both: dips, dumbbell kickbacks, bench dips

entire tris: cable pushdowns

Sage

Jay Mc

Awards
something I just thought about...

Say I put my arms in "T" with palms facing forward and do a pulldown bending at elbow like that so from a position like you are flexing the biceps to "T" position with resistance when forming the T.....I think that rotates the shoulder in such a way that those two heads of the triceps have maximum involvement while trying to move the elbow joint to full extension...

J

crazypete

Awards
any exercises where your arms are above your head will hit the long head, the medial gets work in positions where your arm is beside your body, inbetween, ie: skull crushers will work both

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Skullcrushers are my fav. tri exercise. 3 weeks ago on my last set, on the 7th rep(out of 8) my tri's just gave out, and my partner wasn't paying attention and bam, dented forehead:( I love Triceps but when they hit the wall, they hit wall hard and just give out completely.

Draven

Awards
  • Established
Skullcrushers are my fav. tri exercise. 3 weeks ago on my last set, on the 7th rep(out of 8) my tri's just gave out, and my partner wasn't paying attention and bam, dented forehead:( I love Triceps but when they hit the wall, they hit wall hard and just give out completely.
Yep, pretty much the same thing here, only I don't have a partner, I just thought I could squeeze one more out.... and I paid for it.:(