Any one do this for calves?

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Well I have been lurking around here for ever now it seems. I rarely post and make good use of the search button!!

Well I have seen a lot of talk about calf training and how they are a pain in the ass to get growing. I have thought about how to get them to be monsters and one day walking to class I decide to put all the emphasis on my calves and do like calf raises while I walk, then walk just on my tip toes. Yeah I got some weird looks kinda, but I dont care. That night my calves were so damn sore...never felt anything like it and I know soreness is not a good indicater of anything...but it "felt" different somehow.

So today doing calves I decide to grab some 50 pound d-bells and walk with just my tip toes putting all the load right on my calves. I walked a hallway and back...around 50 meters total. I did four sets of this and it seems to hit the gastrocnemius very hard. I then finished with 4 sets of seated to concentrate on the soleus more.

Just wondering if anyone else has ever tried anything "off the wall" like that?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
yup, i do calf raises damn near all the time even while walking and sitting.......made my arms grow. go figure.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
I don't know who that was directed at max....? prolly at beelzebub but I will answer any way.

Judging by the mirror it seems to be actually working. I am getting more defination when I am bulking and I am getting closer to that diamond shape. I will put a tape to them when I get home (dont ahve one at college here) and if they are over 17 then I have definately made progress. I also can take some updated pics and show a before and after and we can see if it has been working.

Ryno
out

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
it didn't do **** for me max. the only program that seemed to help my calves was the DC calf routine. f'ing hurts but i did notice improvements.