My Modified Glenihan Workout

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
Alright here is my new workout schedule I started this week. Will be going M-W-F, 6 diff workouts over 2 weeks then repeated. This is my modified version of what Glen recomended
1A) Incline Dumbell Press
BB Rows
DB Shoulder Press
Close Grip Pulldowns
Dips

2A) Squats
Good Mornings
Standing Calf Raises
EZ Bar Curls
BB Shrugs

1B) BB Bench Press
Pullups
Lateral Shoulder Raises
Hammer Strength Rows
Skull Crushers

2B)Leg Extensions
Leg Curls
Seated Calf Raises
Incline Curls
Upright Rows

3A) Deadlifts
Hammer Strength Incline
Wide Grip Pulldowns
Close Grip Bench (smith machine)
BB Shoulder Press
Overhead Tricep Extensions

3B) Front Squats
SLDL
Standing Calf Raises
Preacher Curls
DB Shrugs

5-6 Exercises per workout is down from the 8 I was doing and 3 times a week is down from the 4 I was doing. We shall see how this works. Deads, Squats, BB Bench, and Front Squats will be for strength mostly while I will be trying to do some TUT for everything else. Never done TUT before so I'm sure the weight used will be depressing at first. Weighed in at 185 this moring, should have my results from a 3 caliper BF on Thursday (we did it in my fitness class). Last time I was 180 and they had me at 8.9% but that was low, pry more like 12%. I will try to post how I'm progressing with this if anyone is interested. Comments on the workout? I think it looks solid. :woohoo:

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
lol i can't really take credit for that .. i mean it is the workout i was doing, but i just modified DC's workout which he just took from TUT training and put his own spin on it

my only suggestion is some days you hit a bodypart with two exercises .. i wouldn't do that due to the increased frequency

ivydude

Board Supporter
Awards
Looks good boss.

My only suggestion would be (and I'm not sure if I'm reading your program right) but if on 1A (Monday) you're doing conventional good mornings and Wednesday you're hitting SLDL, your hamstings might be burned out. There's just not enough time to recover. Conventional GMs hit the hams harder, while power arch GMs stress the lower back more.

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
Looks good boss.

My only suggestion would be (and I'm not sure if I'm reading your program right) but if on 1A (Monday) you're doing conventional good mornings and Wednesday you're hitting SLDL, your hamstings might be burned out. There's just not enough time to recover. Conventional GMs hit the hams harder, while power arch GMs stress the lower back more.
Good catch on that, I think I will just move the GM's from monday to wednesday and drop the SLDL since I get them in a later workout anyways. Not sure on the different type of GM's though. What is a power arch GM?

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
lol i can't really take credit for that .. i mean it is the workout i was doing, but i just modified DC's workout which he just took from TUT training and put his own spin on it

my only suggestion is some days you hit a bodypart with two exercises .. i wouldn't do that due to the increased frequency
Well by switching the GMs a day and dropping the leg press (wasn't to sure I wanted it in there anyways) I think it looks better. The day I do Triceps w/2 exercises I think I'll be alright b/c I have 4 days on either side of not working Tri's. Dips and Incline DB's, I try to get the dips mostly tricep by keeping myself as straight up and down as possible. Gonna give this a try now that its slightly modified, again!

ivydude

Board Supporter
Awards
Good catch on that, I think I will just move the GM's from monday to wednesday and drop the SLDL since I get them in a later workout anyways. Not sure on the different type of GM's though. What is a power arch GM?
Here is a conventional good morning--http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Hamstrings/BBGoodMorning.html

I'll do my best to describe a power arched good morning since I can't find an illustration...basically you go into a semi squat stance with your knees bent. There should be an arch in your lower back and your belly should be out and filled with air. You must keep the arch in your lower back tight throughout the entire movement. Once in the stance slowly let yourself "fall" forward, always keeping your head up. This is somewhat of an awkward concept to grasp, but it's the best way I can describe the motion--you don't want to lean into it. You should be driving into your hips, maintaining the arch in your lower back throughout the movement. Go down as far as you can while maintaining strict form. When you come up, make sure the arch in the lower back is still there. Once back at the top of the movement you should be back in the semi-squat stance. I would recommend low reps on this exercise, and focus on going as low as you can and keeping form. It still hits the hams like conventioneal GMs, but the focus is more on the lower back.