working my self to death... maybe

dsmlinc

dsmlinc

Awards
what’s wrong with my split... i see allot of the splits in this forum that do half the exercises that I do, but if I hacked my split up I would feel like I’m cheating my self or some thing... i dunno

Monday legs

Squat

Sled leg press

Leg curl

Leg extension

Calves 3 exercises

Tuesday chest

Bench

Incline Db

Decline

Fly’s

And that over head exercise like a skull crushed but you use a DB and you go all the way over your head...

wed back

deads

lat pull down

bent over row

close grip pull down

one arm db row

Thursday arms

bar curl

incline curl

preacher curl

over head extension

dips

cable tri extension

Friday shoulders

db military press

upright row

lateral raises

shrugs

dsmlinc

dsmlinc

Awards
that wasn't supposed to be that big... sorry fellas

Brfish

Brfish

Board Supporter
Awards
I do a very similar split while bulking except I do Chest-Back-Shoulders-Arms-Legs. Doing legs takes so much out of me that I would not be able to lift effectively the next day. I give myself the weekend off to recover.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Split looks fine to me! *Maybe* too many sets for arms, but that totally depends on how your arms respond.

BV

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, how many sets of each do you do, are they all to failure, and how long does the workout last?

dsmlinc

dsmlinc

Awards
um i usally do 3 sets of 8, and my work outs usally last 45minutes to an hour

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
15 sets per workout is not too much volume in my book. But then again, I would say that, as I do 18-24 sets per session. I take them all to failure. How much lean body mass do you have?

dsmlinc

dsmlinc

Awards
i'm not sure i'm 6'4'' at 185... skinny legs...

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Still too much. For someone like you: less is more. Five days a week? Your an extreme ecto at 6'4 185lbs. You should be lifting like 3 days with a meat and potatos type routine.

dsmlinc

dsmlinc

Awards
Still too much. For someone like you: less is more. Five days a week? Your an extreme ecto at 6'4 185lbs. You should be lifting like 3 days with a meat and potatos type routine.
Uhhhggg.. i dont know if i can do that... ok on a three day split i should what .. lift mon, wed , friday? and just do like 8 sets a muscle group?

dsmlinc

dsmlinc

Awards
and also is cardio out of the picture .... should be a part of it? what?

Jo Daddy

Awards
Hey man im 6'2" 200 (i consider myself an ecto) and a mon, wed, fri routine definately works the best for me for gaining mass.....ive tried several different splits but i keep coming back to 3 days a week.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Uhhhggg.. i dont know if i can do that... ok on a three day split i should what .. lift mon, wed , friday? and just do like 8 sets a muscle group?
You have to get out of the mindset that more is better. Do a mon, wed, fri routine. Plus I noticed that you have a couple of exercises that do the same thing more or less. For example bentrows and dumbell rows work the same. Choose one or the other. Get rid of the redundency in your routine.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
No. Cardio has many pluses to it. I wouldn't go crazy and start doing 1 1/2 sessions, but 30-40 min, of low intensity, should be fine and help you in the long run.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
No. Cardio has many pluses to it. I wouldn't go crazy and start doing 1 1/2 hr. sessions, but 30-40 min, of low intensity, should be fine and help you in the long run.

dsmlinc

dsmlinc

Awards
Hey man im 6'2" 200 (i consider myself an ecto) and a mon, wed, fri routine definately works the best for me for gaining mass.....ive tried several different splits but i keep coming back to 3 days a week.
yeah i guess i'm going to have to give it a shot next week... what do you work on what days?

thanks for all the help guys, maybe i'll finally get over the 200 mark.

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
This summer I did a 3 day/week workout, I usually lose alot of strength/size in the summer from working all the time outside and not enough calories, but I was actually able to make strength gains on some lifts with this workout, here is what I did, you can tailor it different if you would like:

Monday- Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Flat bench
Incline bench
Arnold Press
Skull Crushers
Dips

Wed- Legs/Abs
Squats
SLDL
Hyperextensions
Weighted Abs

Friday-Back/Traps/Bis
Pullups
Bentover rows
Upright rows
Shrugs
a couple bi exercises

For now just keep your movements to heavy compound movements, the isolation work isnt going to do much in the ways of adding size or strength. Stick with these exercises for the most part:

Flat bench
Military press
Dips
Squats
Deadlifts
Rows
Pullups

Just your basic compounds will help you put on the most size as quick as possible, all the isolation work will just burn more unnecessary calories that you need to be using to grow and recover. I also suggest posting your diet plan in the nutrition section here and let everyone have a look over it and get some tips there, diet is the real key to how much weight you will put on.

Jo Daddy

Awards
yeah i guess i'm going to have to give it a shot next week... what do you work on what days?

thanks for all the help guys, maybe i'll finally get over the 200 mark.
i had almost the same schedule as nate dawg......
Mon: chest, tris, bis
Wed: legs and abs
Fri: back and shoulders

also, i went from about 185 to 200 this summer by doing this and eating a lot......