Does Anyone NOT Directly Train Their Hamstrings?

ShadowOne

Awards
I rarely get on the leg curl machine because it just feels unnatural. If I do, it's part of a superset where I've just finished leg pressing or squatting. Even at that, I go with lighter weights and shoot for 15 reps.

Other than that, I just rely on deads and squats/presses to keep the hammies happy.

bulkmuscle

Awards
I suppose if you don't plan on competing it shouldn't worry you.

davisville64

Awards
Victor Martinez doesnt, maybe. In last months MD magazine, it shows his split and hams are not listed anywhere. But consittering he competes, I think its a typo.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
If you do your RDL's (romanian dead lifts) or goodmornings CORRECTLY then your hamstrings will be FRIED. Problem is, on deadlifts most people usually use too much of their lower back and not enough of their hams, try keeping your knees almost, very slight bend. Instead of thinking about bending over think about keeping your back straight and pushing your but straight out.

On the goodmornings do the same thing. back straight and keep those legs pretty stiff and stick your but straight back

bulkmuscle

Awards
Victor Martinez doesnt, maybe. In last months MD magazine, it shows his split and hams are not listed anywhere. But consittering he competes, I think its a typo.
I have that magazine right in front me. p328-329. Has a photo of him doing Stiff-legged deads.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
the leg curls, one leg at a time - and SQUEEZE! are great.
one iso exercise that does the job.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
One legged hyper extensions. Nuff said. Don't talk about hamstring soreness until you've tried them.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Are good mornings and SL deads basically the same exercise? Or do they work slighly different muscles?