Women are better than men at... Pilates!

bigbadboss101

Awards
Women are better than men at...

Pilates!!  My friend and I decided to try this and we ran into two female friends of ours.  Class had probably 20 people, 5 were guys.  The instructor told us at the beginning that he has heard lot of guys whine after classes.

Anyways I found myself very stiff.  Flexibility is definitely a problem, as was balance.  The abs, back, and hip flexors got a great workout.  Didn't mind it as I want to be more flexible, 'longer', and help better core strength/stability.

BTW, there were a number of very nice looking ladies, which didn't hurt ;-P.  One gal came late and picked a spot in front of me.  Very endowed, but her blue underwear kept sneaking out.  Anyways, getting off topic.

dez/null

Awards
This is because us men have a penis....

That and I produce enough methane gas to power a small country....

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Yogo, PiYoga, and Pilates are some of the most demanding excercise I have ever done. I like it quite well now.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Man that's a lot of chicks, that alone makes it worth joining Pilates for me.

wardog

Awards
  • Established
Best workout partener I ever had was a girl...they don't have the strength, but they seem to have more endurance than us guys.

I didn't know those silly pilates tapes the GFhas were any good, now I have to try them

MadChild

Awards
my parents have a pilates dvd with an asian guy in a speedo doing the exercises. I made fun of them for it. I bet if you actually do the exercises with good form you'll get something out of it. The problem with these trends is that people do them for 3 weeks, with half-assed dedication and wonder why it doesn't work.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
good observation. a lady friend of mine always kicks my ass in the ab and stretching we do. i get reminded everyday about this too....(sigh) Sage

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
my parents have a pilates dvd with an asian guy in a speedo doing the exercises. I made fun of them for it. I bet if you actually do the exercises with good form you'll get something out of it. The problem with these trends is that people do them for 3 weeks, with half-assed dedication and wonder why it doesn't work.
Nice to see you around!

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by windwords7
Yogo, PiYoga, and Pilates are some of the most demanding excercise I have ever done. I like it quite well now.

Im starting yoga this week, but what is PiYoga?