How do you stay motivated?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. How do you stay motivated?

Iíve been feeling a lot like screw it lately but want to continue on going. Ive been training for 5 years and want to compete. Itís just lately Iím so demotivated. I work 60 hours a week and in my spare time i just want to relax but when Iím relaxing I feel like **** and feel like I should be training or working on my own ventures. How do you all stay slaying day in and day out?

2. Say prayer for some strength to get yo lazy azz up!!!
    •   

3. Itís purely up to you if you go. There is really nothing we can tell you that will help you stay motivated.
    http://juggernautsupps.com Code Frey10 .
    Iconic Formulations and Iron Legion Code Chef

4. I try to just stay focused on the goal. Off days/weeks happen. Part of life sometimes. I work a very similar work schedule. Takes a lot out of me. I’m not always as consistent as I want to be. I tend to go through periods of highs and lows, where work is a bit easier and training is better and vice versa. Key is if you get off track, don’t be too discouraged about it and get back on the plan as soon as you can. Can’t waste time worrying about what you didn’t do yesterday. You can only control right now. I basically just focus on doing the best I can on a given day/week. Not always consistent 100%, but that’s life for ya.
    High Intensity Training log, wedding prep:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/305228-wedding-preparation-next.html

5. Make the music louder.
    •   

6. hot chicks at da gym doing one arm bent over rows

7. You cannot stay motivated for ever. Discipline is what is left after motivation is over
    Anything, just ask

8. Caffeine, a lot of caffeine!

9. Itís definitely a lot of discipline over the motivation...I wake up well before everyone in my house to get it done and out of the way! Less time for excuses or conflicts! Plenty of times where I am literally praying for the strength and energy to get it done!
    The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:28b-29

10. Quote Originally Posted by Imsaint View Post
    Iíve been feeling a lot like screw it lately but want to continue on going. Ive been training for 5 years and want to compete. Itís just lately Iím so demotivated. I work 60 hours a week and in my spare time i just want to relax but when Iím relaxing I feel like **** and feel like I should be training or working on my own ventures. How do you all stay slaying day in and day out?
    Totally get it. Life gets in the way, that's real. I go through periods of time where I'm more motivated than others. For me usually I get amped up with renewed focus this time of year (as I used to go to the Arnold almost every year). I wane towards the end of the year. But find something that keeps you going, IG (goal physiques), forum help (accountability), logging, etc. That keeps you consistent and focused on what your goal long term is. As others said, it's more the consistency and discipline that last to get you through times of lower motivation. It'll come back.

I always feel guilty too when I miss my planned workout, but also I just feel lazy if I've skipped the gym for more than 2 days, even when it's a forced rest.

11. Sometimes when I start to not be motivated I start doing 3 weeks on one week off. I train hard 3 weeks then I take a total week off and by the time that week is over my mind and body starts missing the training on it's own. Sometimes you have to give yourself a break mentally and physically! I ran that for 6 months I really believe I was able to put on more muscle with the off time!

12. Quote Originally Posted by zunteck View Post
    Say prayer for some strength to get yo lazy azz up!!!
    Working 60 hours a week is far from lazy
    Chaos & Pain Rep

13. Quote Originally Posted by Imsaint View Post
    Not to sound like a jerk, but If you want to compete, You have to figure out your motivation out for yourself, because it will require doing a lot of cardio you donít want to, a lot of dieting you donít want to, intense training on minimal calories, etc. you should absolutely get a coach, but you need to figure out your motivation because doing all those things that will push your limits, your going to need a good reason for it, and none of use can help you with that.
    Chaos & Pain Rep

14. Quote Originally Posted by zunteck View Post
    Say prayer for some strength to get yo lazy azz up!!!
    Lol yeah

15. Quote Originally Posted by EMPIREMIND View Post
    Not to sound like a jerk, but If you want to compete, You have to figure out your motivation out for yourself, because it will require doing a lot of cardio you donít want to, a lot of dieting you donít want to, intense training on minimal calories, etc. you should absolutely get a coach, but you need to figure out your motivation because doing all those things that will push your limits, your going to need a good reason for it, and none of use can help you with that.
    Amen, I hear you loud and clear. I will be probably looking into gettin a coach.

16. Motivation comes and goes for me as well, especially for those 4am workouts before my 10 hour day at work. Caffeine anyone?

17. Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart View Post
    Motivation comes and goes for me as well, especially for those 4am workouts before my 10 hour day at work. Caffeine anyone?
    Dmaa--caffeine definitely! I'm liking this adrafinil I have right now keeps me going all day and focused. If I was able to get modafinil I would! Definitely worth a go for sure.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Supremeone View Post
    Dmaa--caffeine definitely! I'm liking this adrafinil I have right now keeps me going all day and focused. If I was able to get modafinil I would! Definitely worth a go for sure.
    Adrafinil, actually haven't heard of it. Dynamine is the newest I've read about. I'll have to look that stuff up.

19. I go out and have fun now and again. Whether its out with some friends on a weekend or by myself at a bar. Being discplined is great, but you can overdo it, and some fun is necessary or you miss out on life.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www.millenniumsport.net
    50% off the entire month of January! AMJAN50

20. I don't think it's a good idea to rely on being motivated or excited about training to get you to turn up for your workouts. That's what drives the new year resolution crowd that are at the gym all the time in January then by March they've disappeared.

Working out for me is just like brushing my teeth or wiping my arse. Just do it and don't think about it.
    bang and your gains are gone

21. Iím going to say something different than anybody else here but I really think you should just try doing something different.
    I am one of the few CrossFit people on this board and I would definitely say it keeps me going every single day. For the competition with others in my gym and the competition with myself. My ****tiest days are still days that I make an hour to come to the gym and get it out. Also nice part being that itís only an hour.

It will get you in shape, motivate you, make you new friends, and if youíre single, get you some new strange.
    Just my $0.02

22. All the people that signed up for the gym in January are now gone. Only the regular hardcore show up.

23. Quote Originally Posted by DGator86 View Post
    Iím going to say something different than anybody else here but I really think you should just try doing something different.
    I am one of the few CrossFit people on this board and I would definitely say it keeps me going every single day. For the competition with others in my gym and the competition with myself. My ****tiest days are still days that I make an hour to come to the gym and get it out. Also nice part being that itís only an hour.

It will get you in shape, motivate you, make you new friends, and if youíre single, get you some new strange.
    Just my $0.02
    Iíve disliked CrossFit for the longest time I donít know that I could go into a CrossFit gym without being the biggest hypocrite lol Iíll think about that. Iím also thinking about a coach

24. Quote Originally Posted by Imsaint View Post
    Iíve disliked CrossFit for the longest time I donít know that I could go into a CrossFit gym without being the biggest hypocrite lol Iíll think about that. Iím also thinking about a coach
    You wouldnít be the first and you most certainly wonít be the last.

If you want, DM me and I can help you do some local research as to what gyms in your area are good and which are bad.

Iíve been doing it since 2010 and am in the best shape of my life.
    Iíve met some of my best friends at my gym and when I donít feel motivated, as we all do, they keep me going. Friendly competition everyday.

25. I see working out as a therapeutic endevaor rather some pursuit of aesthetics. So exercising is more of a journey rather than a limited venture with an end goal.
    "A dumbbell is a man's best friend"
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-09-2015, 07:19 PM
  2. How do you stay lean?
    By liveactioncow in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 11:23 PM
  3. How do you post an avatar?
    By Lifeguard in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7