Growing legs without squats....

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

1. Getting adequate sleep raises GH more than squats. That's why I only sleep for 3 hours a day, no GH gut for me.....

The amount of GH to have notable growth of the intestines is way above physiological levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by csa2179 View Post
    Pin the kittens with the tren, then attack the judges with the kittens, uppity bastards
    https://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/308898-gerbils-semi-triumphant.html

2. Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil View Post
    Getting adequate sleep raises GH more than squats. That's why I only sleep for 3 hours a day, no GH gut for me.....

The amount of GH to have notable growth of the intestines is way above physiological levels.
    No sh1t.

But, overeating will do it and faster.

Squats the way most people do them and with most peopleís genetics will help build a thicker ass and core. Vince Gironda thought so. Iím inclined to agree based on my own observations.
    Do as I say, not as I do.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Old Witch View Post
    No sh1t.

Squats the way most people do them and with most peopleís genetics will help build a thicker ass and core. Vince Gironda thought so. Iím inclined to agree based on my own observations.
    Arnold, Zane, Oliva, and Haney among pretty much every other old school pro disagreed, and had better waists then you and I, and, not to take anything away from Vince, but they all had better waists than he did considering their size relative to his.

4. And how about just having most people just fix their form instead of telling them not to do squats lol.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Old Witch View Post
    No sh1t.

Squats the way most people do them and with most people’s genetics will help build a thicker ass and core. Vince Gironda thought so. I’m inclined to agree based on my own observations.
    Over eating is the number one, I think all sane people agree on this. On squats causing a thick core, I have never seen any study confirming this. As for my own experience I have yet to see anyone I know have an outlandish core from squats. Do I know people with this cores that squat yes, however they were thick to begin with.

Most people squat most people have thick cores, there is a difference between correlation and causation.
    Quote Originally Posted by csa2179 View Post
    Pin the kittens with the tren, then attack the judges with the kittens, uppity bastards
    https://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/308898-gerbils-semi-triumphant.html
    •   

6. I do agree about overdeveloped glutes in the case of deep squats. I have found this to hold true. I quickly found myself with overdeveloped glutes from olympic squats. Looking at olympic lifters I can see the likeness. Squatting to parallel as I've seen a lot of the old timers do keeps the glutes in check. Tom Platz would squat very deep on the other hand. He had massive legs but also insanely big glutes (too big IMO).

To quote Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The full squat, all the way down and all the way up, has the advantage of working a lot of other body parts besides the thighs; like back, glutes and chest. They certainly developed the lumbar muscles of my lower back, That was a terrific advantage. The disadvantage was that 50 percent of the effort worked my thighs, and at least 30 percent worked my glutes. I found that the first third of the movement of coming up from a full squat worked my glutes. The final two-thirds of the movement worked the entire thigh, but no particular part. So, what happened was my rear got big, and my thighs got bulky and shapeless. Neither of these two effects served my purpose for bodybuilding. "
  7. Growing legs without squats....

Quote Originally Posted by Godstrength View Post
    I have bad knees and 3 herniated discs and I can squat as long as the weight is reasonable. I never eva go heavy out of possible injury. Def start out with little or no weight and slowly increase the amount and see how it feels.

The one thing I cannot do under any circumstances any longer is deadlifts. F my back up every time, muscles spasms and a locked up back for days.
    Have you given trap bar deadlifts a shot? I Fíd up my back years ago and had to stop deadlifting. But now Iím able to deadlift again with a trap bar and I also do banded KB deads (heavy band under my feet that goes up around back of my head, not attached to the KB).

Also, to get back to squatting, I started doing heavy sets of 3, everyday. With very slow, very low rep but heavy squats, thereís almost no worry about injury if bracing right. I found that loading my spine greatly increased my spine health compared to when I had completely stopped squatting. Now, even with herniated discs, I can squat normally again without pain.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Old Witch View Post
    No sh1t.

Squats the way most people do them and with most people’s genetics will help build a thicker ass and core. Vince Gironda thought so. I’m inclined to agree based on my own observations.
    That's part of the reason I do them, frankly.
    bang and your gains are gone
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Grow legs without squats?
    By bell1986 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-02-2018, 03:59 PM
  2. Leg Day Routine Without Squats
    By Woody in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-29-2015, 04:20 PM
  3. Give me something to add mass to my legs without SQUATS!
    By brownstown89 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 08:10 PM
  4. How should I work legs without squats?
    By Fergs103 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-24-2008, 08:59 PM
  5. Grow Legs, GROW!!!
    By Cuffs in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 08:56 AM