Growing legs without squats....

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by BarryScott View Post
    Yeah me too, I consider squats a driver of overall mass and strength not so much for complete leg development.
    Bingo. The truth.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Outofbody View Post
    because of all the growth hormone in them
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    lol

4. My right knee has been crazy sore and puffy since I squatted a few days ago. I'm considering just going to the gym and doing lots of machine work for legs for the next month or at least alternating weeks. I've always had this big bump on my right knee and It feels like there's fluid on it the next few days after squats.
  5. Growing legs without squats....

Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    This guy did heavy squats, such a gut...
    And youíre somehow going to be able to do that too, right? You and every Tom dick and harry?

Get real, guy. You donít have perfect form. Youíll grow your waist and ass. And so will Tom dick and harry.

Name:  2915D4DC-044F-4AEC-ABBE-ACD19A36F432-621-000001A78DB4D34A.JPG
Views: 65
Size:  23.7 KB
    Do as I say, not as I do.
    •   

6. RDL Hack squats, front squats, sissy squats, and sissy hack squats.

Thatís how you grow GREAT legs.

7. ďVince taught that ďbent-over squatsĒ for most are not a true quad developer. He found that students would cheat and leverage themselves in the movement to produce a great butt, hip, and stomach expander.

However, Vince did acknowledge that in a few cases involving what he called ďgenetic superiors,Ē bent-over squats could be used. These individuals would have very small hips and short femurs that allowed them to squat in a fashion that allowed for quad development without overemphasizing the glutes.

Vince used Sergio Oliva as a good example of one who could get away with bent-over squats, but he felt most were not built to perform squats as a true quad developer.Ē

Unless youíre pretty convinced of your genetic superiority, Iíd avoid back squats.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Old Witch View Post
    “Vince taught that “bent-over squats” for most are not a true quad developer. He found that students would cheat and leverage themselves in the movement to produce a great butt, hip, and stomach expander.

However, Vince did acknowledge that in a few cases involving what he called “genetic superiors,” bent-over squats could be used. These individuals would have very small hips and short femurs that allowed them to squat in a fashion that allowed for quad development without overemphasizing the glutes.

Vince used Sergio Oliva as a good example of one who could get away with bent-over squats, but he felt most were not built to perform squats as a true quad developer.”

Unless you’re pretty convinced of your genetic superiority, I’d avoid back squats.
    You are also the guy telling us that eating large meals builds a gut and visceral fat. Did you wake up and just decide that you were going to spew nonsense and poor information today? Might want to step away from the keyboard and go do something else.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    You are also the guy telling us that eating large meals builds a gut and visceral fat. Did you wake up and just decide that you were going to spew nonsense and poor information today? Might want to step away from the keyboard and go do something else.
    Eating large meals does do that. Are your logical reasoning functions not working? Ask a doctor: Hey doc is overeating going to expand my abdominal cavity and stretch out my stomach and small intestines? And he will say YES.

10. Giving me some good stuff to shake my head today.

So squats arenít a good leg developer because people canít do them right. So you are basically admitting they do work you just think people do them wrong.

Seriously am I not understanding what you are saying?

11. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve10 View Post
    Giving me some good stuff to shake my head today.

So squats arenít a good leg developer because people canít do them right. So you are basically admitting they do work you just think people do them wrong.

Seriously am I not understanding what you are saying?
    Thatís exactly it. Squats arenít a good leg developer because people canít do them right. Exactly.

If you do them, you damn well better be doing them perfectly.

And I mean Gironda perfect.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Old Witch View Post
    And youíre somehow going to be able to do that too, right? You and every Tom dick and harry?

Get real, guy. You donít have perfect form. Youíll grow your waist and ass. And so will Tom dick and harry.
    The majority of people should at least squat to build a base of strength. Once they have that base, they donít need to squat, but Iíd argue that building that whole body base of strength is vital to being successful later. Once you have that base, then you donít need to squat, sure.

You provide ONE guy who said not to squat. I showed you someone else who did. And plenty of bodybuilders recommend squatting. Essentially EVERY golden era bodybuilder squatted, and they had small waists and killer vacuums. Arnold squatted. Zane squatted. Haney squatted.

You do you, but there is no absolute correct answer here. Squat or down squat. Thereís arguments for both. But donít pretend that squatting will make you have a big waist. I know plenty of guys with wasp-like waists who squat plenty.

13. You canít train yourself into a waspish waist. Thatís genetic. If you have that, squat away.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Old Witch View Post
    Thatís exactly it. Squats arenít a good leg developer because people canít do them right. Exactly.

If you do them, you damn well better be doing them perfectly.

And I mean Gironda perfect.
    This literally makes no sense.

Donít do them because they donít work. Oh wait they do if you do them perfect. But you canít do them perfect.

Do you understand how that makes no sense.

You literally listed front squats as an option too. If you can front squat you can perform a back squat with the proper form as well.

Yes people can build with squats. People can improve their form with them. Itís not going to just automatically give you a big waist. Thereís an innumerable amount of people who go against that.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Old Witch View Post
    You canít train yourself into a waspish waist. Thatís genetic. If you have that, squat away.
    My point is that squatting didnít ruin their waists. So youíre saying that itíll expand normal peopleís waists but not peopleís waists who have thin waists? Because their waists didnít get ANY worse from squatting, so itís not like they went from tiny waist to small waist, they kept tiny waists while squatting.
  16. Growing legs without squats....

Thatís weird, I squat 2-3x a week.. and have big quads with a 29Ē waist.

More than welcome to go look at my log
    *Psalms 62:1-62:2*
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

17. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Thatís weird, I squat 2-3x a week.. and have big quads with a 29Ē waist.

More than welcome to go look at my log
    So without squats you would have had a 27Ē waist.

/sarcasm

18. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    So without squats you would have had a 27Ē waist.

/sarcasm
    You just fed the bro ammo lol

Waiting for.. ďyeah he probably would have because all that growth hormone went to his waistĒ

*facepalm*
    *Psalms 62:1-62:2*
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

19. Ive never heard if the guy before but id be very happy with his physique.
    High Intensity Training log, wedding prep:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/305228-wedding-preparation-next.html

20. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    You just fed the bro ammo lol

Waiting for.. ďyeah he probably would have because all that growth hormone went to his waistĒ

*facepalm*
    Pretty much all the bodybuilders with the best waists and vacuum poses ALL squatted.

21. This thread is ridiculous... Of course squats help build bigger legs. Do you need them to grow? No but it aint going to hurt if youre trying to build them. They're also great for your ass and core. There's a reason why the squat is one of the big 3 lifts.

Big guts from squatting
    Now thats some funny shyt
    Anima Vestra
    Anima Vestra

Latin

22. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    My point is that squatting didnít ruin their waists. So youíre saying that itíll expand normal peopleís waists but not peopleís waists who have thin waists? Because their waists didnít get ANY worse from squatting, so itís not like they went from tiny waist to small waist, they kept tiny waists while squatting.
    I didnít say it, Vince Gironda said it and Iím inclined to agree wholeheartedly. Yíall are forgetting that part. This isnít just something I cooked up. Hahahaha

23. Quote Originally Posted by Godstrength View Post
    This thread is ridiculous... Of course squats help build bigger legs. Do you need them to grow? No but it aint going to hurt if youre trying to build them. They're also great for your ass and core. There's a reason why the squat is one of the big 3 lifts.

Big guts from squatting
    Now thats some funny shyt
    Not big gut, big ass and core. Wide waist, bulky look.

24. Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Ive never heard if the guy before but id be very happy with his physique.
    Youíve never heard of Vince Gironda? Heís a legend. The Iron Guru. Hahahaha

25. Quote Originally Posted by Old Witch View Post
    You’ve never heard of Vince Gironda? He’s a legend. The Iron Guru. Hahahaha
    Maybe i have and just cant remember.
    High Intensity Training log, wedding prep:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/305228-wedding-preparation-next.html
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Grow legs without squats?
    By bell1986 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-02-2018, 03:59 PM
  2. Leg Day Routine Without Squats
    By Woody in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-29-2015, 04:20 PM
  3. Give me something to add mass to my legs without SQUATS!
    By brownstown89 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 08:10 PM
  4. How should I work legs without squats?
    By Fergs103 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-24-2008, 08:59 PM
  5. Grow Legs, GROW!!!
    By Cuffs in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 08:56 AM