Review My Program/Suggestions of New Programs to change it up

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Oconns28 View Post
    This might open a new can of worms but how do you guys feel about timing of carbs for meals? Do most of you try to eat the biggest carb meals before and after intense workouts?

Considering doing a bit of carb cycling and on rest days cutting them back, maybe calories as well
    Depends on your goals and what you can handle. Some people will get sick with big meals before training. It is smart to have simple carbs around workout and more complex later in the day. For performance try having a EAA drink with some carbs intraworkout. Preworkout I'd take some sodium down and hydrate properly, sodium either Pink Salt or Iodized Salt, half teaspoon would work but work up to it as salt can give you the ****s. Postworkout have a carb drink with dextrose and fructose with some electrolytes

Carb cycling could be smart, but if you are bulking I'd try to keep calories still high as you want to recover on your days off so you can hit it hard on training days. If you drop carbs down, up the fats and/or protein. Make sure you keep hydrated well and electrolytes.

2. @Abe Lincoln Good to see you around, where have you been ?
    TEAM GET DIESEL
    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM

Use Code 'Rocket5' for 5% off at FeFiFo.com
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Oconns28 View Post
    This might open a new can of worms but how do you guys feel about timing of carbs for meals? Do most of you try to eat the biggest carb meals before and after intense workouts?

Considering doing a bit of carb cycling and on rest days cutting them back, maybe calories as well
    I trained fasted for years, recently I started intra/post carbs. Very simple, karbolyn and 1/4 of raisins = 75 carbs. It definitely changed my workouts. Also, I drink my EAA while working out. Forgot to mention, sea salt also intra. Then 75 carbs post (food). I will consume 50 carbs for lunch, 50 carbs for dinner. That's on a training day. A non training day is 150 carbs per day. It works for me. I'm getting stronger, packing on muscle, and staying lean. Keep in mind I train at 3am . This plan works for me.

4. ^^^^ forgot to mention. ..I keep cals the same for training and non training days

5. Quote Originally Posted by BOSSMAN View Post
    I trained fasted for years, recently I started intra/post carbs. Very simple, karbolyn and 1/4 of raisins = 75 carbs. It definitely changed my workouts. Also, I drink my EAA while working out. Forgot to mention, sea salt also intra. Then 75 carbs post (food). I will consume 50 carbs for lunch, 50 carbs for dinner. That's on a training day. A non training day is 150 carbs per day. It works for me. I'm getting stronger, packing on muscle, and staying lean. Keep in mind I train at 3am . This plan works for me.
    Fasted training can be nice, but isn't really super magical for sure. I found taking some yohimbine while fasting to be a good mix, though if your workouts are long you will feel like you hit a wall eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket3015 View Post
    @Abe Lincoln Good to see you around, where have you been ?
    Nice to see you too mannnn I've been all over.
    Had my trip to thailand and had some fun over there fighting, but once I got back my lifting got really serious and totally changed up my lifestyle, even did some programming/coaching for some people ie. sports, powerlifting, and bodybuilding in person.
    Lots happened, though I feel much more educated and experienced in short.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Abe Lincoln View Post
    Nice to see you too mannnn I've been all over.
    Had my trip to thailand and had some fun over there fighting, but once I got back my lifting got really serious and totally changed up my lifestyle, even did some programming/coaching for some people ie. sports, powerlifting, and bodybuilding in person.
    Lots happened, though I feel much more educated and experienced in short.
    Sounds Like Life Is Good !!
    TEAM GET DIESEL

7. Did a video of my squats this morning if anyone has some tips.

https://youtu.be/2jlrVCPx5fM

Also a couple post workout pics for my current level

Name:  IMG_2278.JPG
Views: 36
Size:  341.6 KBName:  IMG_2279.JPG
Views: 36
Size:  308.8 KB

Need to shed my muffin top then I can start working on size!

8. Squat looks decent.
    Maybe a video of a weight that was more difficult for u to perform would be better.
    75% of your max for a set of 5.
    Are your hand s wrapped around the bar?
    The bar is up high correct?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Cgkone View Post
    Squat looks decent.
    Maybe a video of a weight that was more difficult for u to perform would be better.
    75% of your max for a set of 5.
    Are your hand s wrapped around the bar?
    The bar is up high correct?
    Ok Iíll work on that one!

Yep and yep

10. Quote Originally Posted by Oconns28 View Post
    Ok Iíll work on that one!

Yep and yep
    A lot of people find wrist straight with hands against the bar allows you to keep the upper back tighter compred to hands wrapped aroind the bar and wrists bent.
    Lowering the bar down your back an inch may make it easier to move weight. But nothing wrong with high bar.

11. I find I can keep my back straighter with the bar a little lower
    TEAM GET DIESEL

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-03-2013, 05:19 PM
  2. In need of some new music to pump me up
    By MichaelMurphy in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-17-2012, 03:50 AM