Lower chest issues!

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So as I get done with a high volume chest workout (I’m cutting) I realize that my kid and upper chest are tender as hell but my lower chest, not so much. I don’t usually feel good contractions in it when working out even when doing decline cable flies for 5plus sets. Can someone help me out here?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How wide do you go when you do wide grip bench and do you do heavy decline bench? Heavy narrow grip decline presses, and dips, really give my lower chest the business. Wide flat presses as well.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How wide do you go when you do wide grip bench and do you do heavy decline bench? Heavy narrow grip decline presses, and dips, really give my lower chest the business. Wide flat presses as well.
I do 315 on the decline bench and I usually have my middle fingers around the rings on the barbell for most bench exercises but it varies per day. Plate loaded dip machine works the hell out of my chest but it seems that lower chest never feels as sore as upper and mid chest. Regular dips are usually til failure or sets of 12-15 if I add weight.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Narrow grip (3inches apart) decline bench and goblet raises then. Should do something.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is your chest development okay? Just not being sore doesn’t really mean anything. At all.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Is your chest development okay? Just not being sore doesn’t really mean anything. At all.
Also true. Personally if I get a good long lasting pump and subsequent harder-ness the next day, I know I did it right.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Also, you might actually go lighter on that decline bench when doing those narrows, get a really slow negative and come up to the top with a pec squeeze instead of the triceps.

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
I got a lot of benefit from dips. Be conscious of your body position, lean too far forward and you’ll hit chest, too far back and it’s more triceps

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Chest dips and dumbbell Pullovers are solid for lower chest IMO.