35 new here, ex-beast and a vet. Taking my body back

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. 35 new here, ex-beast and a vet. Taking my body back

Hi everyone, I just joined and Iím about to embark on a long overdue journey. Iím an Army vet who left the service in 2011 at 6í3Ē, 225 with around 14%bf. I was an animal. Well years of crane operating on my a$$ and lack of motivation have led to me ending up at around 325lbs and God only knows BMI. Iím grateful to my wife who is still as hot and in shape as she was when we met for her telling me today that she canít believe I let myself go like this. She loves me dearly and said she didnít say anything for the longest to spare my feelings. I am hoping somebody can put me on the right track/plan for a combined strength gain and weight loss program. I know what worked then and Iím starting with it, but I would love suggestions. Diet plans are extremely welcomed as well. Thank you all and I look forward to hearing from you. Pictures for zero day coming very soon. Tomorrow I hit the ground with this. Sorry for the book.

2. [QUOTE=Jnj83782;6161110]Hi everyone, I just joined and Iím about to embark on a long overdue journey. Iím an Army vet who left the service in 2011 at 6í3Ē, 225 with around 14%bf. I was an animal. Well years of crane operating on my a$$ and lack of motivation have led to me ending up at around 325lbs and God only knows BMI. Iím grateful to my wife who is still as hot and in shape as she was when we met for her telling me today that she canít believe I let myself go like this. She loves me dearly and said she didnít say anything for the longest to spare my feelings. I am hoping somebody can put me on the right track/plan for a combined strength gain and weight loss program. I know what worked then and Iím starting with it, but I would love suggestions. Diet plans are extremely welcomed as well. Thank you all and I look forward to hearing from you. Pictures for zero day coming very soon. Tomorrow I hit the ground with this. Sorry for the book.[/QUOTE @BEAST73 can help you with a workout plan. What you do in the Army, I medically retired in 2009. 11B
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?
    •   

3. Hi beast and thank you. I was an 88H cargo guy and truck ops. Ran convoy security ops in Iraq pulling gun truck duties for civilian convoys my last 2 deployments. Also, here is the ****uation I’ve created Name:  988713B0-0B54-42FC-B8DF-F8F8FBF61B09.jpeg
Views: 139
Size:  632.5 KB

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jnj83782 View Post
    Hi beast and thank you. I was an 88H cargo guy and truck ops. Ran convoy security ops in Iraq pulling gun truck duties for civilian convoys my last 2 deployments. Also, here is the ****uation Iíve created Name:  988713B0-0B54-42FC-B8DF-F8F8FBF61B09.jpeg
Views: 139
Size:  632.5 KB
    Well I'm not the beast, and that was a rough job in Iraq to do. Thats a pretty bad situation to be in. I would start with a good diet. Lots of meat, green veggies, and low carbs. Something like 50P/30F/20C diet. Make sure fats are healthy. And right now you could stick to bodyweight lifts. Think PT. Monday Stretching/Pushups/Situps/2 mile run, Tuesday Stretching/Pushups/Situps/2 mile run, Wednesday Stretching/Pushups/Situps/3 Mile Run, Thursday 15 mile Road March 75-100# ruck, Friday Stretching/5mile run. Figure out what your TDEE is and start with a 100 calorie deficit, and if your not losing, go to 200 deficit, still not dropping do it again, until you get to where you are dropping weight.

5. The right Diet is going to play a major role here... What do your weekly exercising look like?
    •   

6. It was a dangerous ass job you are correct. 101st here btw screaming eagle til i die. Anyhow, I still have strength, but I’m concerned with the running at my weight injuring my knees. I have sensitive knees already from running almost 6 miles daily at campbell being a big guy at 225 back then when I was IN shape. I could run my 2 mile in the APFT around 13:50 every time. I’m not a noob with the training, and body weight resistance ain’t what I’m out for. That being said, diet recommendations for a combined strength training and fat loss goal are surely welcome as well.

7. Well beast, I start tomorrow and want a good routine for strength training and weight loss
    Last edited by Jnj83782; 01-14-2019 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Bad spelling

8. There’s no way in Hell I could do a 15 mi tuck right now much less a 2mi run.
  9. 35 new here, ex-beast and a vet. Taking my body back

Calorie Deficit,Exercise 5 times a week, and include some form of LISS cardio. If I was you... I wouldnít focus on the strength part,because it will come naturally down the road. The most important thing here is becoming healthy and the proper diet and exercising regimen that you can live with and execute your goals.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Jnj83782 View Post
    It was a dangerous ass job you are correct. 101st here btw screaming eagle til i die. Anyhow, I still have strength, but Iím concerned with the running at my weight injuring my knees. I have sensitive knees already from running almost 6 miles daily at campbell being a big guy at 225 back then when I was IN shape. I could run my 2 mile in the APFT around 13:50 every time. Iím not a noob with the training, and body weight resistance ainít what Iím out for. That being said, diet recommendations for a combined strength training and fat loss goal are surely welcome as well.
    I was 1st Cav, 2nd Cav, 2ID, and 7th Army. I did 3 Combat tours, 2 in Iraq, and 1 in Afghanistan. And you can use an Elliptical if your knees hurt that bad. I have no Cartiledge in either of my knees. I am trying to give you the best options with your current state. After breaking my neck and back in Iraq, and losing half my face in Afghanistan and being on a cane from 2009 to 2013, and getting up to 212#'s at 5'9. I know what works to get you back to where you wanna be. I'm supposed to be in a wheelchair right now, instead I'm lifting weights, and doing things no one ever thought I do again. Another guy that retired with me, with the same diagnoses died last year. But, if you know so much, maybe your just trolling and if you know everything right now, maybe you don't need my help. So good luck buddy. I'm out.

11. Glad you made it out alive after all that. If you’re telling the truth then God bless you, brother. I only took one round and it was a ricochet to my hand

12. I planned on elliptical and cycle to start cardio til my weight got down some

13. You need to incorporate weight training as well.

14. You’re telling someone that weighs 100lbs more than his ETS weight to run 2 or 3 miles, then recommend a 15mile ruckmarch!? How does that make sense to you whatsoever especially with the ruckload you mentioned?

15. Quote Originally Posted by Jnj83782 View Post
    Glad you made it out alive after all that. If youíre telling the truth then God bless you, brother. I only took one round and it was a ricochet to my hand
    Check out my logs. I got it all there I was in Iraq from Dec 2003-May 2005, went back May 2007-Aug 2008 and then Afghanistan from Aug 2009-Oct 2009. I only tell the truth. I have been blown up 49 times by IED's, shot twice, and stabbed once in the battle of An Najaf.
    I'm only trying to help. The only thing you need to concentrate on right now is diet and light exercise. I know you cant run 2 miles, and I know you cant ruck 15 miles. These are things you need to work up to. How about walking 2 miles, and work up to a jog, and then a run. We didnt start in the best shape of our lives in the Army. We worked up to it. So use the Army Values, and push your GD self.

16. I’m gonna drop this right here...as a man that went thru the Q course and pipeline for special forces, there’s no way a man at my state can do that kind of ruck March, and if you were serious you’d know that

17. I was a non select, but guess what, I can go back!!

18. This knob said to ruckmarch 15mi with 75-100 lbs of gear... go **** your sister if u think I believe you were real army saying that

19. Quote Originally Posted by Jnj83782 View Post
    Iím gonna drop this right here...as a man that went thru the Q course and pipeline for special forces, thereís no way a man at my state can do that kind of ruck March, and if you were serious youíd know that
    I know you cant right now. You couldnt when you started the Army either. You need to work up to it. And if you really went through Q Course. Then you would know that. I went through Sniper school, I was the best at what I did. You could also try some Radiate, and I could send you a sample if you like before you buy any of it. Because you are a brother, is the only reason I'm still responding.

20. I didn’t finish q damn it I was a non select but able to return

21. Too many people on any social crap are fake valor and it pisses me off to no end

22. Quote Originally Posted by Jnj83782 View Post
    Too many people on any social crap are fake valor and it pisses me off to no end
    Yeah I aint no fake valor. You wanna see my spaghetti. I'll send you a pic. And like I said you can check my thread.

23. I dropped a lot of blood and sweat at camp mackall

24. The damn truck axles in the sand!? CrossFit needs that **** lmao

25. and Also, I don’t know how far we rucked there, they’d just tell u go til somebody stopped you
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What's up guy's new here. Have questions and need help.
    By Blackmold88 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-16-2014, 11:10 AM
  2. MST and Me - Taking my life back one session at a time
    By CTDeuce in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 10-02-2014, 06:58 PM
  3. new here! am 45, and looking for a good supplement
    By the big g man in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-12-2014, 07:53 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 01:53 PM
  5. New here and I have a ? (M-1-T Cycle)
    By Tatt2d in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 12:28 PM