35 new here, ex-beast and a vet. Taking my body back

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Sauna? Nah, not my thing.
    I am hairy all over, like the crotch of a menopausal hippie woman.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Jnj83782 View Post
    Also, what are yíalls opinion on infrared saunas? Iíve always liked the sauna but never really asked in a forum like this what people thought of em. I always feel good when I sit in one for bout 15-20min
    Never did get into the sauna thing. I tried it out at Ft. Lewis, but just couldn't do it. Now a good Hot Tub, and I'm good to go.
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?
    •   

3. Another question guys, how close should I pay attention to the finer points, like macros? Iíve never really tracked those before

4. Your macros dictate total calories. Itís pretty important, especially when trying to lose weight. People whoíve dieted in the past and long enough can typically intuitively eat without measuring... although in this scenario I would highly recommend you measure everything and get your macros down.
    *Psalms 62:1-62:2*
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

5. Yeah these imma need some help with
    •   

6. Full body lifting again tonight, just tweaked an exercise here or there. Did biceps cuz I wanted to feel my biceps get a pump, incline hammer curls and cheater bar preacher bench curls. Treadmill for 45 min alternating brisk walk/jog. Late dinner but eating salmon and broccoli with a slice of organic whole wheat and oat bread. Eureka brand, hear of em? Great breads. Oh and had 2 scoops of whey with chocolate almond milk on the way home after the gym. Was a good night. Only 3 days in and I’m sore but I feel better at the same time. I’m already sleeping better and feel more energetic when I’m awake.

7. DEFINITELY sleeping better. My ass is whooped every day after the lifting and cardio!! haha

8. I’m excited looking forward to the days where I’ll be back to the point of frustration trying to break a plateau, or trying to tweak an excercise so I can feel sore again, cuz I don’t get sore anymore. The good ol days haha

9. Quote Originally Posted by Jnj83782 View Post
    DEFINITELY sleeping better. My ass is whooped every day after the lifting and cardio!! haha
    Its a good feeling having accomplished something! Keep it going, big brother!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Jnj83782 View Post
    I’m excited looking forward to the days where I’ll be back to the point of frustration trying to break a plateau, or trying to tweak an excercise so I can feel sore again, cuz I don’t get sore anymore. The good ol days haha
    You are about a year away from that goal! Its NOTHING in comparison for how long it took to get out of shape, right?

11. Oh I know it brother, I figured I was looking at a year maybe better before being at that point again, if I hit hard like I am right now the whole time

12. In the grand scheme of things it took me 8years to get to the sh*t I’m having to shed off right now. So really, a year, year and some change? Not bad at all

13. Just got home, freeballed it in the weights like grandpa suggested again. Did three different heights of cable flyes tonight, incline barbell bench press, shoulder press on the machine, skull crushers, pulldowns with the v bar, pull downs with rope, oh and inclined dumbbell hammer curls again to end my weight session. I can’t help myself when it comes to my biceps, even when I was in beast mode back in the day, if they didn’t feel engaged I didn’t feel like I did enough, so I had to hit em one time haha. Did some sick f’ing negatives on my last set of cable flyes too. My hands were shaking like leaves in the wind! Did em to failure and loved it! Did my 45 of cardio and here I am. My chafed fat ass thighs are killing me. I started cardio and had to go to the locker room to readjust my compression shorts to cover the damn tore up spots. FML... fat people problems. I literally jogged 10 steps and said nope this ain’t workin haha. Fixed my junk and my shirts and got it together and ended my night pain free but wore out. Still loving it and looking to the future.

14. My upper chest needs work REAL bad, and those incline benches and flyes have the upper and inner parts of my pecs SCREAMING right now. As somebody that used to be in the game I LOVE this feeling. Cowboy, this ones for you. The VA keeps me in a full supply of ranger candy and brother I’m eatin it!!!

15. It’s funny to me that I think I held some degree of muscle memory with my training, and a lot of the guys who look like I USED to walk by me seeing this thing in the state I’m in doing what I’m doing with a how tf is this dude doing this look. I have found additional motivation in that hahaahah

16. Quote Originally Posted by Jnj83782 View Post
    My upper chest needs work REAL bad, and those incline benches and flyes have the upper and inner parts of my pecs SCREAMING right now. As somebody that used to be in the game I LOVE this feeling. Cowboy, this ones for you. The VA keeps me in a full supply of ranger candy and brother Iím eatin it!!!
    Yeah, I know they do. I gave all that up years ago. No more Ranger Candy for me 3200mg a day, and now I got GERD. LOL
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?

17. Got to work and realized I left my damn prepared lunch at home damn it! At least I left some chicken breast and my whey protein here in our break room. Lookin forward to tonightís workout. Some of my soreness has worn off, goin to go get it back at 4:30

18. On a positive note, itíll make an easy dinner when I get home. Just heat it n eat it.

19. Just got home, did some outer bicep stuff, standing reverse grip cable curls, sitting skull crusher curls at the cable lat machine(never knew the real name for those but man they burn), dumbell shoulder presses, shrugs, dumbell bench press, barbell incline press, cable flyes with the cables low to the floor, leg press and sitting extensions then 35min cardio, alternating btw 3.5 walking and 5.0 jogging on the treadmill. Happy Monday everyone

20. Gonna do my first weigh in this Friday by the way to see what I got goin on

21. Starting weight was 319.5, I wanna get on the scale now but Iím gonna wait til Friday and Iíll post it here

22. Quote Originally Posted by Jnj83782 View Post
    Just got home, did some outer bicep stuff, standing reverse grip cable curls, sitting skull crusher curls at the cable lat machine(never knew the real name for those but man they burn), dumbell shoulder presses, shrugs, dumbell bench press, barbell incline press, cable flyes with the cables low to the floor, leg press and sitting extensions then 35min cardio, alternating btw 3.5 walking and 5.0 jogging on the treadmill. Happy Monday everyone
    Keep it up, brother!

23. Late to the party, but following. Glad you got things figured out with Cowboy. He's a great guy and not going to steer you wrong.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

24. Quote Originally Posted by Jnj83782 View Post
    I planned on elliptical and cycle to start cardio til my weight got down some
    I absolutely agree with this!
    Chaos & Pain Rep

25. @Jnj83782 where are you? Close the fridge and go to the gym!

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What's up guy's new here. Have questions and need help.
    By Blackmold88 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-16-2014, 11:10 AM
  2. MST and Me - Taking my life back one session at a time
    By CTDeuce in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 10-02-2014, 06:58 PM
  3. new here! am 45, and looking for a good supplement
    By the big g man in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-12-2014, 07:53 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 01:53 PM
  5. New here and I have a ? (M-1-T Cycle)
    By Tatt2d in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 12:28 PM