35 new here, ex-beast and a vet. Taking my body back

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. I did 12s at ft Campbell quarterly for 9 years and we did quite a few that took me well over my pace count for a 12mi haul

2. Quote Originally Posted by Jnj83782 View Post
    I dropped a lot of blood and sweat at camp mackall
    Yeah. I dropped alot of blood, sweat, and tears in Baghdad, Kahdmiyah, Rasheed, An Najaf, Babel, Fallujah(both Major Battles), Ahdmiyah, Mortaritaville, and Mizan District
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?
    •   

3. Can you dm me please? I feel like I got hijacked

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jnj83782 View Post
    Hi beast and thank you. I was an 88H cargo guy and truck ops. Ran convoy security ops in Iraq pulling gun truck duties for civilian convoys my last 2 deployments. Also, here is the ****uation I’ve created Attachment 177992
    Well, this ****uation calls for all out war. You'll need dedication and discipline.
    It can be done, just don't expect it to be a sprint -its a marathon. Good luck!
    I am hairy all over, like the crotch of a menopausal hippie woman.

5. Good for you one up guy..thanks for the help I was asking for
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by BEAST73 View Post
    Calorie Deficit,Exercise 5 times a week, and include some form of LISS cardio. If I was you... I wouldn’t focus on the strength part,because it will come naturally down the road. The most important thing here is becoming healthy and the proper diet and exercising regimen that you can live with and execute your goals.
    THIS ^^^^^ !!!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Jnj83782 View Post
    Good for you one up guy..thanks for the help I was asking for
    I gave you advise, and I'm currently checking on your status with the 101st cause I had friends there. So I'm checking on 88H units there. Mainly, cause I have NEVER heard of a POG getting accepted to Q. Only Combat Arms, and Medics do. And mainly for you calling FAKE Valor. I can prove my background....

8. Many ways lead to Rome.

Personally, I would hit the iron with high volume, moderate weights and strict form. As @BEAST73 said, LISS cardio daily and a NOT too pronounced deficit in calories. You don't wanna yo-yo up again, right? Clean food whenever possible, skip all deep fried stuff, sweets and sugary soda. If you are a beer guy, skip it and save it for the weekend. Meat , fats and veggies are your friends. Carbs is your mother in law. Avoid it, unless it comes in beans, lentils or oats.

9. By the way, I looked like you 3 years ago. Just stay true to yourself, admit cheats and try to feel bad when cheating (because you should) -once this mentality takes hold, you WILL make it!

10. You really need to get your eating habits under control. Being sedentary, over eating and little to no exercise will have you in that condition in no time.

You should incorporate SOME form of cardio and moderate lifting until you become accustomed to the soreness and dieting. Youíve got a long road ahead of you...
    *Psalms 62:1-62:2*
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

11. One thing, regarding jogging -or marches.
    I have two bad knees too. To get a good cardio in without punishing your knees, I recommend heavy bag. Buy some training gloves and pound that fugger.
    The good thing is, this way cardio is over quick, because after 3x1 minute nonstop bag pounding, you'll be done. Afterwards some slow pace walking on a treadmill.

I don't know, do you expect a full workout plan who promises you a quick magical weight loss with optimal muscle gains? If so: "meeeeeh" -buzzer sound-

Just move more and eat less. Cycle body parts throughout the week. Do exercises who you think are safe for you -and who "feel right" for you. If squatting is a no-go, do leg presses. If benching feels awkward in shoulders, do DB floor presses, see what I mean? Use machines for the first few month, until you get stronger.

12. Thanks for the help guys. I know this isn’t a quick fix, for sure!

13. I was in your position in 2015, 300 lbs. It takes time. You have many great suggestions here. Ive gotten down to as low as 190, but maintain now between 200-205. It took me 3 years also. I'm an operating engineer by day also my friend. It can be done. Start moving and tracking your macros is a great start, get a good month under belt and you will progress bye the day. Good luck

14. Just so all of ya know I buried the hatchet with cowboy, and to rest of you that were there, sorry i was being kind of an ass. I started today after work. Here we go!! Got some salmon and whole green beans I’m about to make for dinner. I’m looking All forward from here.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Jnj83782 View Post
    Just so all of ya know I buried the hatchet with cowboy, and to rest of you that were there, sorry i was being kind of an ass. I started today after work. Here we go!! Got some salmon and whole green beans Iím about to make for dinner. Iím looking All forward from here.
    Get Some

16. Please post your workouts. This way you have a personal log and can gauge progress -and we could give some tips.

17. I dmd you what I did yesterday, Tonight I’m trying what you said minus the heavy bag. My gym doesn’t have one and neither do I or I’d definitely check it out. Also my TDEE is around 3800 so it shouldn’t be difficult to get into a deficit at all!

18. On the TDEE note, how much of a deficit before it’s TOO much of a deficit?

19. Quote Originally Posted by Jnj83782 View Post
    On the TDEE note, how much of a deficit before it’s TOO much of a deficit?
    I would make it a round number. 3000. Sounds good. Even goes well with your username: Jnj83782-3000.

20. I think it’s so high because I drank so much beer all the time. So eat 3000 calories a day

21. Quote Originally Posted by Jnj83782 View Post
    I think it’s so high because I drank so much beer all the time. So eat 3000 calories a day
    Beer only weekends. Believe me, alcohol ruins everything.

22. Oh I believe you bro, it’s a big part of what got me where I am right now.

23. Ok night 2, chest, flat dumbbell press (my favorite chest movement cuz it’ll call out a weak side arm QUICK! haha), and cable flyes, back, seated cable row and standing bent barbell row, shoulders, overhead dumbbell press, and HEAVY one dumbbell skull crushers to get my triceps in on the fun, legs, machine leg press and light squats(this will hurt soon, I hate legs), all of these I did with moderate weight 4 sets of 12 on each. I’m kind of surprised I’ve still got some of the strength I had from my previous state, it’s just buried in crap now. I did weighted crunches with a 25lb plate in my chest, don’t remember number tho, and did a combination of brisk walking and slow jogging on treadmill to end it all for an hour. Tweaks? Suggestions? Tomorrow is day 3 but day 2 from my first workout so I know the suck is about to set in, especially on my legs. I like it though.

24. Also, what are y’alls opinion on infrared saunas? I’ve always liked the sauna but never really asked in a forum like this what people thought of em. I always feel good when I sit in one for bout 15-20min

25. My gym has one and I ended my night with a nice hot sauna
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What's up guy's new here. Have questions and need help.
    By Blackmold88 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-16-2014, 11:10 AM
  2. MST and Me - Taking my life back one session at a time
    By CTDeuce in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 10-02-2014, 06:58 PM
  3. new here! am 45, and looking for a good supplement
    By the big g man in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-12-2014, 07:53 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 01:53 PM
  5. New here and I have a ? (M-1-T Cycle)
    By Tatt2d in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 12:28 PM