35 and looking to get into shape HELP !

Amon amarth

Amon amarth

Awards
Hi everyone I am new here . I have been lurking in and out for a year . Just quit my long distance driving job . Its time to get my body back !!!
Please help me pick some good supplements for fat loss amd energy my stamina and endurance is like a ****in senior citizen.

AmateurStrong

AmateurStrong

Awards
Hi everyone I am new here . I have been lurking in and out for a year . Just quit my long distance driving job . Its time to get my body back !!!
Please help me pick some good supplements for fat loss amd energy my stamina and endurance is like a ****in senior citizen.
Let’s get it, your age bracket is my dream client haha
Put your mind to it !

Amon amarth

Amon amarth

Awards
Let’s get it, your age bracket is my dream client haha
Put your mind to it !
Yeah i used to be big before I got this job last year . All went to **** being an endomorph and sitting for 12 hours a day can't eat anything without gaining weight.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Amonamarth, What is your Stats? Height,Weight workout schedule,exercising experience,and sleeping pattern?

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Amonamarth, What is your Stats? Height,Weight workout schedule,exercising experience,and sleeping pattern?
This tell us a little more about yourself

Amon amarth

Amon amarth

Awards
5"7 250 35yrold sleep 6hrs diet is trash 20 yrs lifting. I prefer gvt or ws bb . I haven't even started. Post divorce and need a lucky bounce . Are you a trainer BEAST73

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
5"7 250 35yrold sleep 6hrs diet is trash 20 yrs lifting. I prefer gvt or ws bb . I haven't even started. Post divorce and need a lucky bounce . Are you a trainer BEAST73
I’am a Trainer/Coach on My off time.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have teamed up with @DemtCowboys in the last 2 months consulting with a couple of my trainees with their eating plans,and bad habits. Normally,I ask for pictures to evaluate the the situation at hand. Because it’s hard helping someone without meeting and greeting.

Amon amarth

Amon amarth

Awards
I need to drop weight fast . Idc how just need to be in shape by june

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
5 months about then.
1-2 pounds lost per week puts you at: (Math) 5 x 4 x 2 = 40 pounds on the top end and 20 pounds on the lower end

You would do well to shed weight in the beginning and as you progressed it would become more difficult to drop.
I'd say safely losing 30 pounds is feasable with a caloric deficit and exercise, but nothing extreme.

Getting down to 220 would have you feeling better, and then another 5 months to get down to 200. That would be awesome. It took me 2 years to go from 298 to 230, and the first half of it was changing my diet. You can't be in a hurry, but you do have your lifting history and muscle memory going for you, and it will lend itself nicely to a great recomp!

I trust BEAST73 would be a great coach. He is a living example of what he preaches. He may have other math based on programming and diet structure, which I'd love to see. Maybe you can log your progress and be an inspiration for us all. :)
Good luck!

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
5 months about then.
1-2 pounds lost per week puts you at: (Math) 5 x 4 x 2 = 40 pounds on the top end and 20 pounds on the lower end

You would do well to shed weight in the beginning and as you progressed it would become more difficult to drop.
I'd say safely losing 30 pounds is feasable with a caloric deficit and exercise, but nothing extreme.

Getting down to 220 would have you feeling better, and then another 5 months to get down to 200. That would be awesome. It took me 2 years to go from 298 to 230, and the first half of it was changing my diet. You can't be in a hurry, but you do have your lifting history and muscle memory going for you, and it will lend itself nicely to a great recomp!

I trust BEAST73 would be a great coach. He is a living example of what he preaches. He may have other math based on programming and diet structure, which I'd love to see. Maybe you can log your progress and be an inspiration for us all. :)
Good luck!
I agree at 100% ^^^
Steady Pace will always Win the race. There is no rush for perfection and if so, it will come to a disaster at some point.

Amon amarth

Amon amarth

Awards
I agree at 100% ^^^
Steady Pace will always Win the race. There is no rush for perfection and if so, it will come to a disaster at some point.
So cut the ****ty food out now last night eat pizza....

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So cut the ****ty food out now last night eat pizza....
You can cut it out slowly, and just figure out what your TDEE is, and then cut back starting at 500 caloies and see if your losing, and cut it back another 500 until you start to lose weight, and slowly work on eating better food. Or eat better even if eating things like pizza. I had a pizza the other night that the wife and I shared. Thin crust, italian sausage, onions, mushrooms, black olives, and spinach on thin crust. It was 220 caloies for 8 pieces. And I only ate like 3 also thin crust is cut into smaller slices. But, maybe cut out pop this week and drop 500 caloies. If not losing next week drop something else bad, add more veggies, and drop another 500 calories from your TDEE. So on and so forth.

Amon amarth

Amon amarth

Awards
5 months about then.

Good luck!
I had no idea i would ever turn this around . You guys give me hope !!!!!!

Amon amarth

Amon amarth

Awards
Lookin for ideas in how i should break back into lifting full time

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Right here, you said your diet is trash. You should not waste a single penny on fat burners or supplements because that's what it is. A 100% waste when your diet is trash

Amon amarth

Amon amarth

Awards
Right here, you said your diet is trash. You should not waste a single penny on fat burners or supplements because that's what it is. A 100% waste when your diet is trash
I'm trying to change that that was mostly because I was always on the road. Now I have a lot of me time so I can actually cook chicken and make salads or oatmeal or eggs or any of that good stuff before it was McDonald's Wendy's Sonic Taco Bell KFC whatever the **** was there. But yeah I'm definitely looking for some pointers hopefully some help getting back on track.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm trying to change that that was mostly because I was always on the road. Now I have a lot of me time so I can actually cook chicken and make salads or oatmeal or eggs or any of that good stuff before it was McDonald's Wendy's Sonic Taco Bell KFC whatever the **** was there. But yeah I'm definitely looking for some pointers hopefully some help getting back on track.
When someone is way off track I tell them to drop something each week.

1.Fast food
2.Soda and fake juice( ultimately only drink water, tea, coffee.
3.processed foods.
Etc. By the end of the first month your diet will be clean.

The next week start eating the same amount of calories every day and lower as needed. Like drop 100 calories a week.

I feel these baby steps are huge for someone out the loop.

Finally don't miss meals, workouts, and sleep.

The best training program is the one you stick to, same for nutrition

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
When someone is way off track I tell them to drop something each week.

1.Fast food
2.Soda and fake juice( ultimately only drink water, tea, coffee.
3.processed foods.
Etc. By the end of the first month your diet will be clean.

The next week start eating the same amount of calories every day and lower as needed. Like drop 100 calories a week.

I feel these baby steps are huge for someone out the loop.

Finally don't miss meals, workouts, and sleep.

The best training program is the one you stick to, same for nutrition
Same as I said before

Amon amarth

Amon amarth

Awards
10 egg whites with Turkey sausage and oj fir breakfast

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’ve seen guys drop a bunch of weight that were heavier, my cousin dropped 80 in a year, but he still has some to go, and had a lot to lose. 6,1 300 down to 220. He was a lineman playing college ball, definitely had some help using some fat loss agents, but looks tremendous now. The one thing that needs to be strict and consistent is diet above anything else. Say goodbye to fast food, soda, sweets etc. if you can do that your body will make drastic improvements.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You can look swimfan65 also, he is a big man dropping some weight and just crushing things on here

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Also being off the road is gonna make this a whole lot easier for you as well. Your not really gonna be up under that pressure of time,you can really focus on cleaning your diet up. You'll look better,feel better and be better.

Amon amarth

Amon amarth

Awards
Thanks so much guys im writing my week of nutrition

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If a ketogenic diet or carb cycling interests you at all, I can vouch for their effectiveness.

For training, if you like GVT, then definitely do that. It is quite effective.

If you DO use supps for fat loss try something very simple and sustainable like yohimbine or a decent GDA, possibly both. Don’t use hormone drugs right away. Anything you absolutely have to cycle won’t give you lasting results at this point. Yoho and GDAs can be taken year round.

Amon amarth

Amon amarth

Awards
If a ketogenic diet or carb cycling interests you at all, I can vouch for their effectiveness.

For training, if you like GVT, then definitely do that. It is quite effective.

If you DO use supps for fat loss try something very simple and sustainable like yohimbine or a decent GDA, possibly both. Don’t use hormone drugs right away. Anything you absolutely have to cycle won’t give you lasting results at this point. Yoho and GDAs can be taken year round.
Any good gda out there i love yoho btw!!!

Amon amarth

Amon amarth

Awards
Definitely started my diet today man do i feel like complete shiit

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dropping weight is easy eat less. You need to do it creatively, intelligently to have a good body

whether on the road or off you must prep your meals. Im a delivery driver and im cooking slamon and chicken as we speak for work.

Definitely started my diet today man do i feel like complete shiit
you probably dropped too many calories too fast.

Amon amarth

Amon amarth

Awards
dropping weight is easy eat less. You need to do it creatively, intelligently to have a good body

whether on the road or off you must prep your meals. Im a delivery driver and im cooking slamon and chicken as we speak for work.

you probably dropped too many calories too fast.
I think so because I have absolutely no idea how to do it

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday, I was told there are some recent studies that show the most effective component of successful weight loss is to not do it alone. That makes sense to me. My wife and I did it together back in 2016. I lost 60#. She lost 40#.

The real struggle is keeping it off. Regular exercise (especially resistance) and keeping a daily food journal has helped me keep it off.

Good luck!

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The most classic GVT program I know

Chest&Back
Bench 10x10
Bent Row 10x10