The Official HIT thread

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Going to adjust my routine again, since I’m gonna cut back on cardio for a month, being in pct and all. Think I found the groove on chest movements, so will go back to 3 full body sessions a week, with Wednesday being a slightly shorter not to failure workout mainly to chase a pump. Used to do this and it helped with recovery a bit.
    High Intensity Training log, wedding prep:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/305228-wedding-preparation-next.html

2. What amount of total sets ( work sets) we all doing per bodypart?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by jtbull View Post
    What amount of total sets ( work sets) we all doing per bodypart?
    Depends. When doing a split routine, about 4. On full body(which i prefer), 1-2.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/305228-wedding-preparation-next.html

4. Iím doing 2 progressive load work sets and three pre-exhaustion, pump-sets per exercise except deadlift which gets three work sets outright with only a few warm up reps at low weight. Every set is taken to first mechanical failure, work sets are taken to mechanical failure then half reps, then forced negatives. Except deadlifts.
    Do as I say, not as I do.
  5. The Official HIT thread

Work sets for me are failure in 9 reps or less. But more than 6.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Old Witch View Post
    Interesting. I tend to do better working in a slightly higher rep range, like 12ish. Less than 8 or 9 is generally very difficult for me to perform properly- i.e proper form and cadence. With progressively adding weight, I hit that lower rep range at some point but try not to spend too much time there.

7. Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Interesting. I tend to do better working in a slightly higher rep range, like 12ish. Less than 8 or 9 is generally very difficult for me to perform properly- i.e proper form and cadence. With progressively adding weight, I hit that lower rep range at some point but try not to spend too much time there.
    I will agree that repetitions are much more difficult to perform properly at a 8-9RM weight, however I think controlling the weight in that range is likely the most beneficial, so doing them in proper form at that weight will be very effective. I think any heavier and itís not being done enough times per set, and lighter isnít hard enough to really force adaptation until the joints start to wear down from overuse. My opinion of course.

A far as cadence I use 0.5-1 second positive and 1-2 seconds negative in reverse progression: I start on 1 second positive and 2 seconds negative, timed, and as I fatigue in the set I move faster.

Forced negatives for me are usually five second negatives and I like to keep them under five per set if I can even make it that far. If I can it was likely too light. Same with half reps or quarter reps, done over a sticking point in the movement, usually kept to less than five per position per set. Sometimes none are used because I do not feel any ďstickingĒ over the full ROM until I simply cannot lift the weight again.

8. I still do the 4 up/4 down cadence. Some exercises are easier to maintain this kind of cadence than others consistently. So some I’m going slightly slower, others slightly faster.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Old Witch View Post
    That is where i am at. some i do three warm ups. I am not real strong but take deadlifts. I will do 135x8, 225x6 as those are warmups. Then my work set is 415 and i think last week i did 6 or 7
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Official Hypothyroidism Thread
    By MidwestBeast in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 05-03-2017, 07:40 PM
  2. The official FML thread
    By MANotaur in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-17-2013, 08:38 PM
  3. The official "ZOMBIE" thread
    By Trauma1 in forum General Chat