For you that have a 400+ bench

  1. For you that have a 400+ bench


    Whatís your overhead press number?

    Iím stuck at 360 and I think my shoulders are my weakest link to my goal of a 400 bench. I havenít gone too heavy on my shoulders before but been focusing lately on get my numbers up, especially in the overhead press, is it any other lifts you guys have noticed helped your bench?

    Thanks for any input, itís frustrating to be stuck!


  2. Quote Originally Posted by BBiceps View Post
    Whatís your overhead press number?

    Iím stuck at 360 and I think my shoulders are my weakest link to my goal of a 400 bench. I havenít gone too heavy on my shoulders before but been focusing lately on get my numbers up, especially in the overhead press, is it any other lifts you guys have noticed helped your bench?

    Thanks for any input, itís frustrating to be stuck!
    People would need a lot more information to intelligently answer how and why youíre stuck

    Including:
    How often you train
    What intensities and percentages of max you train at
    How often you fail lifts
    Technique videos
    Etc
    Lift Heavy, Live Strong
    -Amateur Strong Coaching-
    New IG: SoFloBencher
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by AmateurStrong View Post
    People would need a lot more information to intelligently answer how and why you’re stuck

    Including:
    How often you train
    What intensities and percentages of max you train at
    How often you fail lifts
    Technique videos
    Etc
    My question was, what’s your overhead press?

    I bench 2x times, sometimes 3, a week, my technique could be better, I think, since my floor press is close to my bench press, that’s also the reason I think my shoulders are my weakest link. I bench a lot in the power rack so I can go to failure or overload on weight.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by BBiceps View Post
    My question was, whatís your overhead press?

    I bench 2x times, sometimes 3, a week, my technique could be better, I think, since my floor press is close to my bench press, thatís also the reason I think my shoulders are my weakest link. I bench a lot in the power rack so I can go to failure or overload on weight.
    I am just stating you may be looking at the wrong things
    Last shoulder press workout was 95lbs for 4x15
    My bench is over 405 on a bad day

    Attached is 501

    Name:  IMG_9045.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  324.7 KB
    Lift Heavy, Live Strong
    -Amateur Strong Coaching-
    New IG: SoFloBencher

  5. Quote Originally Posted by AmateurStrong View Post
    I am just stating you may be looking at the wrong things
    Last shoulder press workout was 95lbs for 4x15
    My bench is over 405 on a bad day

    Attached is 501

    Name:  IMG_9045.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  324.7 KB
    Nice! So what’s your strongest upper body lift besides bench?
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by BBiceps View Post
    Nice! So whatís your strongest upper body lift besides bench?
    I think you are chasing a trap if you think by necessarily increasing another upper body lift it will just make your bench go up...
    I didnít do a single shoulder press when training for my 500 bench

    You should focus on fatigue management and recovery from one bench workout to the next, while growing muscle in your weaker areas with very sub-maximal loads (which wonít add as much fatigue)
    Lift Heavy, Live Strong
    -Amateur Strong Coaching-
    New IG: SoFloBencher

  7. I have found bench bloks or board presses, floor press, and weighted dips to be real plateau busters for me. OHP is nice but I actually find it difficult to program in at times.
    Current Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/304802-themovement-bringing-blitz

  8. Quote Originally Posted by AmateurStrong View Post
    I think you are chasing a trap if you think by necessarily increasing another upper body lift it will just make your bench go up...
    I didn’t do a single shoulder press when training for my 500 bench

    You should focus on fatigue management and recovery from one bench workout to the next, while growing muscle in your weaker areas with very sub-maximal loads (which won’t add as much fatigue)
    That’s a good tip, I think I’m chasing high weights too much, I’ll do more fatigue training and see how that works, thanks!

  9. Quote Originally Posted by BBiceps View Post
    Thatís a good tip, I think Iím chasing high weights too much, Iíll do more fatigue training and see how that works, thanks!
    Strength training is math, hate to say it

    And just going to the gym and crushing it is only going to get you so far

    Curious, what is your current bench max for a clean single rep ... clean, no bouncing
    Lift Heavy, Live Strong
    -Amateur Strong Coaching-
    New IG: SoFloBencher

  10. Quote Originally Posted by AmateurStrong View Post
    Strength training is math, hate to say it

    And just going to the gym and crushing it is only going to get you so far

    Curious, what is your current bench max for a clean single rep ... clean, no bouncing
    I’m not sure, 360 with some bounce and a lot of will.

    I go to the gym and try to crush it way too often...

  11. Quote Originally Posted by BBiceps View Post
    I would say 350, 375 with some bounce and a lot of will.
    What if I told you, if you dedicated 5 weeks listening to a simple structure youíd bench 360 with ease maybe even 375 with no bounce

    Itís all about structure
    Lift Heavy, Live Strong
    -Amateur Strong Coaching-
    New IG: SoFloBencher

  12. Quote Originally Posted by AmateurStrong View Post
    What if I told you, if you dedicated 5 weeks listening to a simple structure you’d bench 360 with ease maybe even 375 with no bounce

    It’s all about structure
    I miss calculated, I edited my last post, but yeah that would be great, what do you recommend?

  13. Quote Originally Posted by BBiceps View Post
    I miss calculated, I edited my last post, but yeah that would be great, what do you recommend?
    Few things if I help
    1) make a thread
    2) post videos of the main lifts I need
    3) donít do extra workouts or extra sets and reps

    Agreed ?
    Lift Heavy, Live Strong
    -Amateur Strong Coaching-
    New IG: SoFloBencher

  14. Quote Originally Posted by AmateurStrong View Post
    Few things if I help
    1) make a thread
    2) post videos of the main lifts I need
    3) don’t do extra workouts or extra sets and reps

    Agreed ?
    Sure, number 3 might be hard for me though... I do a lot of cardio and fight training as well, it’s not uncommon for me to workout everyday of the week... but I can sacrifice (some) of that so I can hit a 400 bench

  15. Quote Originally Posted by BBiceps View Post
    Sure, number 3 might be hard for me though... I do a lot of cardio and fight training as well, itís not uncommon for me to workout everyday of the week... but I can sacrifice (some) of that so I can hit a 400 bench
    Just keep other weight training sessions to none
    And make sure you are replenishing carbs and sodium after MMA
    Lift Heavy, Live Strong
    -Amateur Strong Coaching-
    New IG: SoFloBencher

  16. Quote Originally Posted by AmateurStrong View Post
    Just keep other weight training sessions to none
    =(

    Ok, so how are we doing this?

  17. Quote Originally Posted by BBiceps View Post
    =(

    Ok, so how are we doing this?
    Start a thread
    Post a clear bench video for me to mark your starting point, I want to see what at least 330-350 looks like
    Go for a clean single rep, no bouncing the heaviest you can go without failure

    This will let me see your technique and strengths
    Lift Heavy, Live Strong
    -Amateur Strong Coaching-
    New IG: SoFloBencher

  18. Iím curious to see how this goes. I bench press pretty well, but Iím always looking for more.

  19. Subbed for bench smashing PRís. Link to new thread OP?

  20. Ok, give me a few days to get this starting, need to get this ****ing 400!

  21. Quote Originally Posted by BBiceps View Post
    Ok, give me a few days to get this starting, need to get this ****ing 400!
    I will be waiting for the post
    Lift Heavy, Live Strong
    -Amateur Strong Coaching-
    New IG: SoFloBencher

  22. This really had me interested. I wanted to see you coaching him to his 400lbs. Hope he follows through.

  23. If the thread is created, tag me please. Would love to see how it goes and lend support however I can (mostly rah rah).
    "I've never seen anyone change his mind because of the power of a superior argument or the acquisition of new facts. But I've seen plenty of people change behavior to avoid being mocked." -Scott Adams
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Question for those that have used DBOL or Anadrol
    By GeorgeHavener in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-29-2007, 10:09 PM
  2. To those of you that have used Insulin
    By CHAPS in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-23-2006, 03:15 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 12:18 PM
  4. For those that have used NPP?
    By Izzman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-22-2004, 12:23 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2003, 05:38 PM
Log in
Log in