Training after sleepless nights

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So I’ve had insomnia for a few years now. Most nights, stacking my prescription sleep meds with some OL amnesia will let me get to sleep but from time to time there’ll be a night when I just can’t sleep at all.

After a night when you get zero sleep, would training the following day be beneficial or detrimental to your progress?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Try CBD before bed if you have not already. Get adequate vitamin D3 from the sun, or cod liver oil. If you got no sleep at all, I wouldn't train, it would be detrimental.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So I’ve had insomnia for a few years now. Most nights, stacking my prescription sleep meds with some OL amnesia will let me get to sleep but from time to time there’ll be a night when I just can’t sleep at all.

After a night when you get zero sleep, would training the following day be beneficial or detrimental to your progress?
I have slept like crap for years, I only sleep good like 1-2x a week. The rest of the days I sleep for a hour or 2 and wake up. Then it's up and down every hour. Nothing over the counter works and I'm not interested in anything prescription. That being said I have no issue squeezing in a mid day nap for 30-45min after work or on a day off. As long is I'm not feeling like I'm gonna fall asleep I will go to the gym.

I know plenty of very successful ppl who get very little sleep on average like 4-5 hours due to running buisness and kids. They still hit the gym to start there day and some of them have very good physiques. Now if you are literally up 24hours straight I would say get sleep over the gym

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Smont when my sleep patterns first became irregular I used to wake up every hour or so too. I’m sorry to hear you have to put up with that.
For me, after a year or so it just developed into insomnia and I’d often go three days at a time without being able to sleep.

Two things you could try are herbal teas for sleep and OL’s amnesia. They definitely augment my sleeping meds for the better.
For the sleep teas, just take a look on amazon. For amnesia, try their site and other online supplement stores. For some people who have trouble sleeping those are all they need.
Also, if you’re eating low carb and aren’t on any SSRIs and the like then supplementing with some tryptophan before bed can really help

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've tried all the sleep teas, and just like most otc sleeping aids and stuff like Nyquil, they all are relaxing and can help me fall asleep but not stay asleep. I havnt tried any sport supplement companies sleep aids, just the drug store ones

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
u_e_s_i - What do you take for prescriptions.

I honestly think a lot of times people focus on the wrong side of the coin with issues. Not saying this is you; but as an example, people come on here all the time and they want a good stimulant because they are tired all day but they should really be looking for a way to get better sleep and cut down on their stims. On the other hand, people come on here looking for solutions to their sleep issues but miss something about their "awake" time that is actually the root of the issue.

What time do you eat your last meal? What other medications do you use? What do you take for sleep medications? What do you take for supplements?

Not saying I recommend this, but this is the mix I use for myself each night. I don't have major sleep issues....but...this helps.

1 gram GABA
3.2 grams Magnesium Glycinate (450 mg magnesium)
30 mg zinc
15 mg melatonin
50 mg P5P

When I take this, I tend to fall asleep and stay asleep better. The biggest improvement is on the "staying asleep" side of that.

15 mg of melatonin is a huge dose and you may feel groggy for the first week on it. Keep it up though and you will adjust. Take it around 9 at night. It is my belief that it does not necessarily have as much of a direct impact on sleep as people initially think - but it helps regulate your circadian rhythm and it has a bunch of health-related properties that are good for you. I think you may actually have a better effect on acute sleep with less than 1 mg of melatonin - but I'm looking more big picture here.

GABA also has a number of positive health effects that are often overlooked.

Most people are deficient in Magnesium. Magnesium Glycinate is Mag bound to Glycine (obviously). The downside is that the combo yields a lot of powder for a dose of magnesium - 3+ grams total for 450 mg of mag. But the magnesium is better absorbed than some other forms. While other forms of magnesium have better absorption than mag glycinate, I like this because it has reasonable absorption and the glycine itself has benefits - it also activates GABA receptors and is relaxing.

I've had a few people say the Mag Glycinate gives them some gastrointestinal issues (minor) in the beginning but they tend to adjust to this and that goes away with a week or so of use.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know plenty of very successful ppl who get very little sleep on average like 4-5 hours due to running buisness and kids. They still hit the gym to start there day and some of them have very good physiques. Now if you are literally up 24hours straight I would say get sleep over the gym
This is me spot on. Our crazy schedules get us in bed around 11 and I wake up around 4am and start thinking about my day ahead. On the laptop working by 5 so I can get some work in before the kids are up at 6 getting ready for school. Then life doesn't stop until 11pm again.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This is me spot on. Our crazy schedules get us in bed around 11 and I wake up around 4am and start thinking about my day ahead. On the laptop working by 5 so I can get some work in before the kids are up at 6 getting ready for school. Then life doesn't stop until 11pm again.
Yep you literally just described my buddies daily routine all the way down to the times he goes to bed and gets up. And to top it off I've never herd him complain about being tired or not sleeping.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Interestingly, I have some of my best workouts when I have a crappy night of sleep (crappier than normal as I am not a good sleeper) and always wondered why I actually feel motivated. Now it seems I may have my answer.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/08/080819213033.htm
I actually think sometimes we become accustomed to too much sleep. Like when you sleep 10 hours and wake up all groggy.

Interesting study on the dopamine, that actually may explain a lot of issues...There some evidence that sleep deprivation is a "cure" for depression as well.

I also wonder if people who get too much TIME for sleep adjust to it. I watch my fitbit and I often get a solid 7-8 hours. What I've noticed is that I don't get much deep sleep though. I feel great on anything more than 1 hour of deep sleep. But what little I know about it is that we often get our deep sleep early in the night, and then later on it's all light/REM. I wonder how our body knows what early is. For instance, maybe the pattern of sleeping for the week before effects how we handle sleep tonight; if we have been getting 8 hours consistently we expect it tonight - but if we get 4 hours, we ramp things up a little in the nights that follow.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I train all the time after a bad night of sleep, but I would skip the day if I didn't sleep at all or got less than 1 or 2 hours.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
u_e_s_i, have you ever gone in for a sleep study to try and figure out what is going on?

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
u_e_s_i - What do you take for prescriptions.

I honestly think a lot of times people focus on the wrong side of the coin with issues. Not saying this is you; but as an example, people come on here all the time and they want a good stimulant because they are tired all day but they should really be looking for a way to get better sleep and cut down on their stims. On the other hand, people come on here looking for solutions to their sleep issues but miss something about their "awake" time that is actually the root of the issue.

What time do you eat your last meal? What other medications do you use? What do you take for sleep medications? What do you take for supplements?

Not saying I recommend this, but this is the mix I use for myself each night. I don't have major sleep issues....but...this helps.

1 gram GABA
3.2 grams Magnesium Glycinate (450 mg magnesium)
30 mg zinc
15 mg melatonin
50 mg P5P

When I take this, I tend to fall asleep and stay asleep better. The biggest improvement is on the "staying asleep" side of that.

15 mg of melatonin is a huge dose and you may feel groggy for the first week on it. Keep it up though and you will adjust. Take it around 9 at night. It is my belief that it does not necessarily have as much of a direct impact on sleep as people initially think - but it helps regulate your circadian rhythm and it has a bunch of health-related properties that are good for you. I think you may actually have a better effect on acute sleep with less than 1 mg of melatonin - but I'm looking more big picture here.

GABA also has a number of positive health effects that are often overlooked.

Most people are deficient in Magnesium. Magnesium Glycinate is Mag bound to Glycine (obviously). The downside is that the combo yields a lot of powder for a dose of magnesium - 3+ grams total for 450 mg of mag. But the magnesium is better absorbed than some other forms. While other forms of magnesium have better absorption than mag glycinate, I like this because it has reasonable absorption and the glycine itself has benefits - it also activates GABA receptors and is relaxing.

I've had a few people say the Mag Glycinate gives them some gastrointestinal issues (minor) in the beginning but they tend to adjust to this and that goes away with a week or so of use.
My prescriptions for sleep are
500-800mg Quetiapine
25-50mg Promethazine

My prescription for ADD is
200mg Modafinil

I usually eat my last meal 30-90 minutes before I go to bed. It pretty much always consists of some lean protein or vegan protein powder, + veggies. I don’t have any carbs within three hours of bedtime.

For sleep, I take a compound supp with the label below and OL amnesia.
400iu Vit D3
800mg Calcium (calcium carbonate)
400mg Magnesium (magnesium hydroxide)
10mg Zinc (zinc sulphate)
1mg Copper (copper sulphate)
0.5mg Manganese (manganese sulphate)
50ug Selenium (sodium selenite)
0.6mg Boron (disodium tetraborate)
These stacked with my prescriptions have been helping me get to sleep pretty reliably for the last six months (since I added amnesia) and this might be the first or second fully sleepless night I’ve had in like a year.
Two days ago tho I ran out of amnesia and that’s when the trouble started. I’m not sure what the difference was between the first night and the second, on both nights I just did my routine. Only, yesterday I took 10g of D-ribose peri-workout as opposed to the usual 7.5g, and last night I remembered to take some theanine before bed.
The bottles of amnesia I have on the way won’t get here before Friday unfortunately.

For supps…
I usually take all stimulants and the modafinil about 10-14 hours before I go to bed. Yesterday wasn’t any different.
In the category of stims I’m taking
OL r3ign
PES shift
Ginseng
Maca

Something I added to my stack a week or so ago that’d increase my metabolic rate is TTA. But before I ran out of amnesia I didn’t have any issues getting to sleep.

Thanks for the info.
Melatonin is something I’ve considered getting as it resensitises leidig cells and my schedule means I could probably do with some supplementation. I’ll give 15g a night a try and see what happens. The one issue is that melatonin’s not available OTC in the U.K. so I’ll need to get some shipped over which may take at least a week.
GABA sounds interesting but I’d need to get that shipped over too. I’ll look into it.
I’ll run these by my doctor

Given the ZMA&more supp I’m taking so you think I should look into the other three things on your list?
I’m currently getting some additional glycine pre and post workout each day from TMG

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've tried all the sleep teas, and just like most otc sleeping aids and stuff like Nyquil, they all are relaxing and can help me fall asleep but not stay asleep. I havnt tried any sport supplement companies sleep aids, just the drug store ones
I think amnesia’s worth a try. I’ve heard other people say that it does a good job of helping them sleep and it definitely improves your quality of sleep

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It’s interesting that you feel alright given that schedule. Do you nap during the day regularly?

There’s a thing called polyphasic sleeping. In short, you get 4 hours of sleep a night and then take three naps during the day. It may be worth your while looking it up for more details

I’ve considered switching to polyphasic sleeping but he fact that I’m an insomniac who needs to take heavy sleeping drugs to sleep makes the napping part unfeasable.
Additionally, seeing as your body produces the bulk of your day’s testosterone in the last hour and a half of an eight hour sleep, polyphasic sleeping may leave you with much lower testosterone levels. I haven’t come across any studies investigating the testosterone levels of polyphasic sleepers sadly.
I wonder if you’d adapt.
If any of you guys try it, please let me know how things go

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I remember reading a artical about the most successful ppl only sleep 5-6 hours a night. That includes athletes and I can remember many athletes saying they don't sleep a lot. In recent years arnold said he only slept 6 hours a day even tho he preached more

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I actually think sometimes we become accustomed to too much sleep. Like when you sleep 10 hours and wake up all groggy.

Interesting study on the dopamine, that actually may explain a lot of issues...There some evidence that sleep deprivation is a "cure" for depression as well.

I also wonder if people who get too much TIME for sleep adjust to it. I watch my fitbit and I often get a solid 7-8 hours. What I've noticed is that I don't get much deep sleep though. I feel great on anything more than 1 hour of deep sleep. But what little I know about it is that we often get our deep sleep early in the night, and then later on it's all light/REM. I wonder how our body knows what early is. For instance, maybe the pattern of sleeping for the week before effects how we handle sleep tonight; if we have been getting 8 hours consistently we expect it tonight - but if we get 4 hours, we ramp things up a little in the nights that follow.
Humans sleep in ~four hour sleep cycles and so waking up after 10 hours means you’re waking up mid-cycle which leaves you feeling groggy. The same is meant to apply for waking after 6 hours of sleep. To wake up feeling at least fresh-ish you should aim for multiples of four hours

One difference between deep sleep and light sleep is that during one (I think it’s deep sleep), your body primarily conducts maintenance on your brain and form long-term memories. During the other, your body primarily conducts maintenance on your body.

Your theory’s interesting and I’d like to see some research on it.
As it happens this afternoon when I went to run some errands I thought to myself 'im feeling surprisingly good' and seeing as I used to spend days on end unable to sleep I also wondered 'I wonder if my body's adapted and gotten kinda used to going without sleep'. I've had those thoughts before after going a night without sleep.
That said, the elevated dopamine needs to be accounted for.
Whats the stereotypical mentality of people who've been fiending coke for more than a day without sleeping? "GODDAMN I FEEL GOOD."
Cocaine spikes dopamine and so I suppose that that can be seen as an extreme example of having elevated dopamine.
I wouldn't be surprised tho if people do adapt to an extent.

Its worth remembering that in spite of individual testimonies about how people feel, the data still shows a correlation between sleep deprivation and all sorts of ailments, in addition to shorter lifespans.
That's one of the main reasons why I still try to get 8 hours a night when I could otherwise free up 8 hours everyday (well, on 3 out of every 4 days)

As for what the study says about the extra dopamine not mitigating the neuro-impediments of going without sleep.
If today I feel a lot like I did yesterday, and yesterday I felt a lot like the day before, and that day I felt a lot like the day before, and so forth… Sometimes you wouldn't be aware that something's off because you've gotten used to your new 'normal'.
I say that from personal experience

Perhaps your body judges things against your circadian rhythm, or 'body clock's. The measurements wouldn't be precise but they'd serve the purpose of providing a sense of what 'early' is

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Interestingly, I have some of my best workouts when I have a crappy night of sleep (crappier than normal as I am not a good sleeper) and always wondered why I actually feel motivated. Now it seems I may have my answer.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/08/080819213033.htm
Haha I've had some really good workouts after nights when I hadn't slept and would sit there between sets thinking 'omd that's a new PR. Whats going on?' with a big grin on my face

Good find

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Haha I've had some really good workouts after nights when I hadn't slept and would sit there between sets thinking 'omd that's a new PR. Whats going on?' with a big grin on my face

Good find
I get my best pumps after a night of drinking beer, I know that means nothing but I thought I'd toss it out there. Maybe thinner blood so increased blood flow?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I haven't. I think I just might go get one done tho
I'd highly recommend it to help pinpoint what is going on with you. It might be a fairly simple fix once you know where the issue is and if there is a pattern to your sleep levels right before you're waking up. If it's too expensive or if you can't get insurance to pay for it, I would look into nearby universities or hospitals that might be looking for volunteers in trials.

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
I have not slept well in 10+yrs, but I do train the day after on none sleep days. I will just go down stairs and do mostly body weight stuff or just use the bar and rep it out....it keeps me moving but I'm not having to worry about heavy weights on my back or in my hands.

For the sleep issue I was taking Ambien and I hated so I stopped, melitonan (sp?) has been good to me but I had to take 10mg along with 100mg of benydril (sp?). Now I'm trying CBD oil and it seems to do a good job, it seems like when my body gets used to the meds i have to switch up and things get better...

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have not slept well in 10+yrs, but I do train the day after on none sleep days. I will just go down stairs and do mostly body weight stuff or just use the bar and rep it out....it keeps me moving but I'm not having to worry about heavy weights on my back or in my hands.

For the sleep issue I was taking Ambien and I hated so I stopped, melitonan (sp?) has been good to me but I had to take 10mg along with 100mg of benydril (sp?). Now I'm trying CBD oil and it seems to do a good job, it seems like when my body gets used to the meds i have to switch up and things get better...
I used to be on Ambien too. It’s known that Ambien stops working after a while and some people become dependent on it. Tbh I’m surprised that doctors still prescribe it to people with long-term sleeping issues.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Ambien’s manufacturor’s had a hand in that

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
I have insomnia on occasion. In the past I would train after a sleepless night but I've found it much more beneficial to simply take a day off. Occasionally I'll accumulate several sleepless nights which is pretty draining. I just make it my deload week until my sleep quality improves and often I benefit anyway as I have a habit of not deloading frequently enough.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
I think training when you feel you have not got adequate sleep needs to be modified. In other words have a maintenance day...otherwise its determental...and leads to issues like insomnia.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My prescriptions for sleep are
500-800mg Quetiapine
25-50mg Promethazine

My prescription for ADD is
200mg Modafinil

I usually eat my last meal 30-90 minutes before I go to bed. It pretty much always consists of some lean protein or vegan protein powder, + veggies. I don’t have any carbs within three hours of bedtime.

For sleep, I take a compound supp with the label below and OL amnesia.
400iu Vit D3
800mg Calcium (calcium carbonate)
400mg Magnesium (magnesium hydroxide)
10mg Zinc (zinc sulphate)
1mg Copper (copper sulphate)
0.5mg Manganese (manganese sulphate)
50ug Selenium (sodium selenite)
0.6mg Boron (disodium tetraborate)
These stacked with my prescriptions have been helping me get to sleep pretty reliably for the last six months (since I added amnesia) and this might be the first or second fully sleepless night I’ve had in like a year.
Two days ago tho I ran out of amnesia and that’s when the trouble started. I’m not sure what the difference was between the first night and the second, on both nights I just did my routine. Only, yesterday I took 10g of D-ribose peri-workout as opposed to the usual 7.5g, and last night I remembered to take some theanine before bed.
The bottles of amnesia I have on the way won’t get here before Friday unfortunately.

For supps…
I usually take all stimulants and the modafinil about 10-14 hours before I go to bed. Yesterday wasn’t any different.
In the category of stims I’m taking
OL r3ign
PES shift
Ginseng
Maca

Something I added to my stack a week or so ago that’d increase my metabolic rate is TTA. But before I ran out of amnesia I didn’t have any issues getting to sleep.

Thanks for the info.
Melatonin is something I’ve considered getting as it resensitises leidig cells and my schedule means I could probably do with some supplementation. I’ll give 15g a night a try and see what happens. The one issue is that melatonin’s not available OTC in the U.K. so I’ll need to get some shipped over which may take at least a week.
GABA sounds interesting but I’d need to get that shipped over too. I’ll look into it.
I’ll run these by my doctor

Given the ZMA&more supp I’m taking so you think I should look into the other three things on your list?
I’m currently getting some additional glycine pre and post workout each day from TMG
Modafinil is often used to KEEP people awake, you know this right? I am not giving medical advice - but if you are having sleep issues, have you looked into that?? You should discuss it with your doctor.

You should also look at some of the supps you are using alongside modafinil. You may just need to drop them - too many stims can really fugg up your sleep.

I do find it a little funny you are using using Re1gn AND Amnesia. It does speak a little to the fact that you are using too many supplements. You have to use supplements to counter the supplements you are taking....

Have you tried moving your meal back further from your sleep? Some carbs near sleep might help improve your sleep patterns.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think training when you feel you have not got adequate sleep needs to be modified. In other words have a maintenance day...otherwise its determental...and leads to issues like insomnia.
‘...leads to issues like insomnia.’
Could you elaborate please?

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Modafinil is often used to KEEP people awake, you know this right? I am not giving medical advice - but if you are having sleep issues, have you looked into that?? You should discuss it with your doctor.

You should also look at some of the supps you are using alongside modafinil. You may just need to drop them - too many stims can really fugg up your sleep.

I do find it a little funny you are using using Re1gn AND Amnesia. It does speak a little to the fact that you are using too many supplements. You have to use supplements to counter the supplements you are taking....

Have you tried moving your meal back further from your sleep? Some carbs near sleep might help improve your sleep patterns.
I know modafinil is used for that by some people but I only started being prescribed that last year when I got my ADD diagnosis whereas the sleep problems started four years ago. I didn’t even take pres back then

As I said, earlier this week was the first time I went a whole night without any sleep in over a year during which time ive been on the same stims regimen and routine.
I ended up going two nights in a row without sleep, some 64 hours, and on the second day I didn't take any stims (no modafinil either), ate at maintenance and still couldn't sleep

I've previously tried going days without any stims but even on those days I can't sleep naturally.
I'm certain my insomnia's due to other things

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I used to be on Ambien too. It’s known that Ambien stops working after a while and some people become dependent on it. Tbh I’m surprised that doctors still prescribe it to people with long-term sleeping issues.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Ambien’s manufacturor’s had a hand in that
Nobody is getting rich off of pushing Ambien. It's just a quick way to get patients out of the office for docs that aren't specialists.

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
Nobody is getting rich off of pushing Ambien. It's just a quick way to get patients out of the office for docs that aren't specialists.
And it's a cheap way to keep you coming into the Dr office to get your script filled and to bill your insurance for the 5min visit

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
And it's a cheap way to keep you coming into the Dr office to get your script filled and to bill your insurance for the 5min visit
I am pretty cynical when it comes to the medical profession. But my feeling is that the doctors often have their hands tied due to litigation and much of the practice of medicine is based around protocol. On one hand, having best practices is good in any businesses and in medicine this can actually save lives. But sometimes doctor's would really have to put their neck on the line to go outside of the box and do something that is outside of that protocol.

Add to that insurance issues and it is amazing what dr's must face on some level.

Part of the reason for this, IMO, is that medicine has never been allowed to be entirely capitalistic. This brings a lot of bad things to the industry. Instead of capitalism, we are driven by insurance (which is a form of gambling).

I would hesitate to view doctors, systemically, as sales people. I would hesitate even more to view them as sales people as individuals.

Most doctors have plenty of patients. So much so that you cannot even get in to see one for months in a lot of cases. I doubt they are trying to drum up business a bottle of ambien at a time. Not saying none of them do, but I would think the majority just want to get people off their plate.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know modafinil is used for that by some people but I only started being prescribed that last year when I got my ADD diagnosis whereas the sleep problems started four years ago. I didn’t even take pres back then

As I said, earlier this week was the first time I went a whole night without any sleep in over a year during which time ive been on the same stims regimen and routine.
I ended up going two nights in a row without sleep, some 64 hours, and on the second day I didn't take any stims (no modafinil either), ate at maintenance and still couldn't sleep

I've previously tried going days without any stims but even on those days I can't sleep naturally.
So, basically what I see from this is, you had sleep issues and had it under control. You started taking a bunch of supplements, including stimulants, and were able to keep it under control with an additional sleep supplement. You were A-OK for a full year until you ran out of one of the sleep supplements, then you suddenly had 2 nights of insomnia.

I am not saying you don't have a real sleep issue. What I am saying is that all these unnecessary supplements are not making it any easier and when you take unnecessary supplements, you need to take MORE unnecessary supplements to counter the effects.

You are already having issues. Adding stims didn't help even if you thought it was OK because the sleep supplements gave a band aid and hid the effects.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So, basically what I see from this is, you had sleep issues and had it under control. You started taking a bunch of supplements, including stimulants, and were able to keep it under control with an additional sleep supplement. You were A-OK for a full year until you ran out of one of the sleep supplements, then you suddenly had 2 nights of insomnia.

I am not saying you don't have a real sleep issue. What I am saying is that all these unnecessary supplements are not making it any easier and when you take unnecessary supplements, you need to take MORE unnecessary supplements to counter the effects.

You are already having issues. Adding stims didn't help even if you thought it was OK because the sleep supplements gave a band aid and hid the effects.
R3ign came out before amnesia and so even before I started taking amnesia I was able to sleep just fine for a few months on my prescriptions alone with my current stims regimen.
I started taking amnesia to improve the quality of my sleep, not to help me sleep.
Given my line of work, the benefits (albeit rather hard to quantify) from paying an additional $30 a month for better sleep can easily outweigh the cost

I get what you’re getting at but if I need to take my prescriptions anyway and I benefit from taking a pre I might as well

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

evident from his post history on supplements.
Just keep taking more pills and powder bro.. Solves all life problems..

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

evident from his post history on supplements.
Just keep taking more pills and powder bro.. Solves all life problems..
For a change, try actually reading what I say before you chat **** about me and this time, don’t just ignore the bits you don’t want to read.

R3ign came out before amnesia and so even before I started taking amnesia I was able to sleep just fine for a few months on my prescriptions alone with my current stims regimen.
I started taking amnesia to improve the quality of my sleep, not to help me sleep.
Given my line of work, the benefits (albeit rather hard to quantify) from paying an additional $30 a month for better sleep can easily outweigh the cost

I get what you’re getting at but if I need to take my prescriptions anyway and I benefit from taking a pre I might as well

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
For a change, try actually reading what I say before you chat **** about me and this time, don’t just ignore the bits you don’t want to read.
Your question has been answered in countless threads you make on supplements. I will re quote it for you here. You are reinventing the wheel as there is a law of diminishing returns.

It does speak a little to the fact that you are using too many supplements. You have to use supplements to counter the supplements you are taking....

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Perhaps if you truly found out why you had insomnia, you wouldn’t need ADD meds, or the pres, or the sleep supps/drugs.