No New Year Resolution challenge! Procrastination = Masturbation don't screw yourself

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is time for another accountability thread here on AM. Many of us tend to let ourselves go a little during the holiday season. This thread is here to help us keep from doing so. Basically we will post up some current pictures of ourselves, with current body weight, and then state what your goal is, but you must be specific enough to measure up against so the group can vote on whether or not you succeeded in accomplishing your goal.

To help with accountability along the way we will do progress pictures every two weeks, with the first weekend being this one. If you join in later then you will post one when you join, and then just follow the progress pic biweekly schedule from there on. This way if you are falling a little behind the rest of the group can motivate you to up your game.

Yes that is right, it will not be up to you to decide if you succeeded the group who are involved in the challenge will do so and hold you accountable. The accountability portion is going to be Public Embarrassment via YOUTUBE, & IG or FACEBOOK video... The posts must be public, not private or with link only...

If you do not succeed in your goals then you will have to post a video on the social media sources listed above dressed as a baby new years in a diaper sucking on a bottle, and must say "I was a big baby and didn't stick to my fitness goals over the Holidays. So now I have to post this goofy video!" Then share the links in this thread for all of us to relish and enjoy.

GOALS DO NOT HAVE TO BE WEIGHT LOSS ORIENTED!!! If you are trying to clean bulk, or recomp, or get closer to a performance goal... just something measurable or comparable to your current situation.

Those failing to stick to their guns, or do the video will be given negative rep points from everyone in the thread. As well as suffer the humiliation of being dogged on for the rest for their days on AM for not keeping their word... There should be no one receiving the latter treatment because hopefully only people who will stick to their word on the accountability portion will sign up...

I would like for most entrants to have beginning pics up by Monday along with their goals. However since this is a challenge and not a contest, we can take people up until Nov 1st.

So far we have myself, wesb2387, and BOSSMAN who are strong enough and willing to commit to the challenge.

Are you?!?!?!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Updates, and entrants listing

Progress pictures and body weight will be taken following the schedule below. Can be taken any time during the weekend but must be posted by no later than Monday morning.

The before pictures and weights will preferably be submitted this Sunday 10/21/18 although entrants as late as Nov 1 can join in. If a late joiner you will submit pics and weight the day you enter and then get on the same schedule as everyone else from then on.

Progress Picture Dates : 10/21/18, 11/4/18, 11/11/18, 12/2/18, 12/16/18, 12/30/18

Participants and their goals -
MrKleen73 - Goal Fat Loss, & improving my whole food nutrition via addition of more veggies and fruits. I do not have a specific body weight goal or anything right now. However my measurable goal will be to have my abs showing again by Christmas. They do not have to be ripped, or anything, just showing... I also intend to eat more fruits and veggies during this time, and show proof via pictures of some of my meals. Quite often I leave them out totally and just go with a multivitamin. I must do both things or I will consider my attempt failed.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

It is time for another accountability thread here on AM. Many of us tend to let ourselves go a little during the holiday season. This thread is here to help us keep from doing so. Basically we will post up some current pictures of ourselves, with current body weight, and then state what your goal is, but you must be specific enough to measure up against so the group can vote on whether or not you succeeded in accomplishing your goal.

To help with accountability along the way we will do progress pictures every two weeks, with the first weekend being this one. If you join in later then you will post one when you join, and then just follow the progress pic biweekly schedule from there on. This way if you are falling a little behind the rest of the group can motivate you to up your game.

Yes that is right, it will not be up to you to decide if you succeeded the group who are involved in the challenge will do so and hold you accountable. The accountability portion is going to be Public Embarrassment via YOUTUBE, & IG or FACEBOOK video... The posts must be public, not private or with link only...

If you do not succeed in your goals then you will have to post a video on the social media sources listed above dressed as a baby new years in a diaper sucking on a bottle, and must say "I was a big baby and didn't stick to my fitness goals over the Holidays. So now I have to post this goofy video!" Then share the links in this thread for all of us to relish and enjoy.

GOALS DO NOT HAVE TO BE WEIGHT LOSS ORIENTED!!! If you are trying to clean bulk, or recomp, or get closer to a performance goal... just something measurable or comparable to your current situation.

Those failing to stick to their guns, or do the video will be given negative rep points from everyone in the thread. As well as suffer the humiliation of being dogged on for the rest for their days on AM for not keeping their word... There should be no one receiving the latter treatment because hopefully only people who will stick to their word on the accountability portion will sign up...

I would like for most entrants to have beginning pics up by Monday along with their goals. However since this is a challenge and not a contest, we can take people up until Nov 1st.

So far we have myself, wesb2387, and BOSSMAN who are strong enough and willing to commit to the challenge.

Are you?!?!?!
I'm in for support

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm in for support
Welcome, and I am borrowing your mention list... :)
hairygrandpa rtmilburn @alphagainz SFreed CJNator HIT4ME wesb2387 Tank999 DennisTheDane Juicedeez utz @Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker @Brandinooooo Sparkss @blueline438 lifted67 smith_69 rtmilburn FireTitan @alphagainz ChocolateClen justhere4comm matt8483 ryane87 nostrum420 mmorso HIT4ME thebigt Dirty Dan @Bmac63095 TNlifting Matthersby Tank999 @BloodManor @angcd3 habajaba mmorso cwages TheMyth lukehayd thebigt Oconns28 jalfrey @bloodnthunder jtmass Martyfnemec christ83189 GrizzleB @BOSSMAN chedapalooza @BennyMagoo79 @Brienn8989 Tbl16 @Bman1970 PoSiTiVeFLoW @Cgkone LeanEngineer @AntM1564 Newth hairygrandpa SouthPawSD christ83189 SkRaw85 flandersguy MrKleen73 Whiskey Cscott622 Hyde @bloodnthunder Newth love2liftkat stacy1212 RickyBlobby @bigbeaph JoePaul39 @adammorrow36 swimfan65

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
thebigt

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Are you?!?!?!
I am definitely in!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I just updated this in the 2nd post but placing here for those who have already joined to see.

Progress Picture Dates : 10/21/18, 11/4/18, 11/11/18, 12/2/18, 12/16/18, 12/30/18

MrKleen73 - Goal Fat Loss, & improving my whole food nutrition via addition of more veggies and fruits. I do not have a specific body weight goal or anything right now. However my measurable goal will be to have my abs showing again by Christmas. They do not have to be ripped, or anything, just showing... I also intend to eat more fruits and veggies during this time, and show proof via pictures of some of my meals. Quite often I leave them out totally and just go with a multivitamin. I must do both things or you may consider my attempt failed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found a pic of what i would like to look like.

I will be pretty happy to be in this composition by then. It is not a massive change for me, but I am also trying to be realistic and allow for some wiggle room from Holiday feeding, as well as honest with myself about the fact I can't do cardio right now due to this stupid boot I am in so not sure what that limitation will mean for me. Still a solid transformation from where I am now. I will take some pics and get them up ASAP, but this is my composition goal.

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just updated this in the 2nd post but placing here for those who have already joined to see.

MrKleen73 - Goal Fat Loss, & improving my whole food nutrition via addition of more veggies and fruits. I do not have a specific body weight goal or anything right now. However my measurable goal will be to have my abs showing again by Christmas. They do not have to be ripped, or anything, just showing... I also intend to eat more fruits and veggies during this time, and show proof via pictures of some of my meals. Quite often I leave them out totally and just go with a multivitamin. I must do both things or you may consider my attempt failed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found a pic of what i consider the minimal acceptable improvement for me.

I will be pretty happy to be in this composition by then. It is not a massive change for me, but I am also trying to be realistic and allow for some wiggle room from Holiday feeding, as well as honest with myself about the fact I can't do cardio right now due to this stupid boot I am in so not sure what that limitation will mean for me. Still a solid transformation from where I am now. I will take some pics and get them up ASAP, but this is my composition goal.
Looking good Kleen, I’ll have my pics up tomorrow more then likely.

Are we gonna do a natty/enhanced group again by chance?

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In to follow. I no Im a puss. after 36 years of lifting I usually get fatter this time of year. Just too old to care I guess. or maybe I should quit being a puss and jump in?

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
In to follow. I no Im a puss. after 36 years of lifting I usually get fatter this time of year. Just too old to care I guess. or maybe I should quit being a puss and jump in?
Quit being a puss

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking good Kleen, I’ll have my pics up tomorrow more then likely.

Are we gonna do a natty/enhanced group again by chance?
That was actually me in May or June, I have gained a bit. That is my goal for the end of the this run. If I don't look that good or better I failed...

As far as natty or not, it doesn't matter. This one isn't a transformation challenge, it is more about sticking to your own goals and being held accountable if you don't. Setting a goal and working toward it so we don't backslide over the holidays which is very common. You can make the goal as hefty as you want to in order to push yourself.

I think you should quit being a puss and jump in on it. This one isn't even a hard challenge, or contest. You don't have to make a transformation, your goal could be to not gain fat / weight this season...

Challenging yourself it is the only way to truly become a stronger version of yourself.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
yes!

wait...

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m in! Gotta figure out my goals. Thinking on more of a recomp phase as I’ve been cutting strictly since May.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this for sure!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Alright guys, here is my picture, not proud of where I am but for a naturally fat guy who has not been able to do legs, or cardio I guess it isn't too bad.

I am 207 and some change in this pic, and the goal pic of me I was 201 and some change. So I am guessing I have at least 6-7lbs of fat to lose. Maybe more since I have not been able to push any body part hard in the last few months and have lost some muscle as a result.

My current composition @ 207 lbs

10-18-18 207lbs.jpg

and this is the goal

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OK I'm in.
Goal not to get fatter this time of year for once.
Pics from last night. 10-18-2018

10-18-18 Front.jpg

10-18-18 Weight.jpg

10-18-18 DF.jpg

10-18-18 Side.jpg

10-18-18 Crab.jpg

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I may hop on this. I don’t have a current physique goal, but I’d like to back squat my previous PR before I joined team #multiplediscbulge.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am hoping to get a fair bit leaner (currently in second last week of 6wk trest cycle) and maintain strength so that, heading into 2019 I am in the best nick I have ever been for my thirties.

I want to get that weight down to at least 105kg (231Ib, currently 246Ib):

IMG_20181020_051428_221.jpeg
IMG_20181020_050732_358.jpeg
IMG_20181020_050652_889.jpeg
IMG_20181020_050551_449.jpeg

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BennyMagoo79 you have been trimming down and adding muscle! nice work.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
BennyMagoo79 you have been trimming down and adding muscle! nice work.
Agreed now he can work to bring it home! Glad to have you BennyMagoo79

Slapoyjoe

I’m nearly 47 and am at 197 right now. The goal is to continue a slow burn until January when I plan to do my first testosterone E cycle. I’m really looking forward to it. I’m a university professor and have a bit of a public image, so I can’t be as open about my pics as I’d like. But I’m in for the accountability and motivation.
E6A65AA8-576B-43D0-B98D-F2DFE18A8C68.jpeg

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ll be here to support but I’ll sit this one out.....simple reason being that I’ll be coming off my first test cycle start of Dec and have no idea what to expect over the next three months. Honestly could put a goal out there that I could track as I’ll be making adjustments on the fly.

Plus I’m relocating a business and busy af......

Want to see some goals getting smashed though......

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m nearly 47 and am at 197 right now. The goal is to continue a slow burn until January when I plan to do my first testosterone E cycle. I’m really looking forward to it. I’m a university professor and have a bit of a public image, so I can’t be as open about my pics as I’d like. But I’m in for the accountability and motivation.View attachment 172860
Welcome aboard bro!

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm here fellas, life has gotten the best of me the last 2 weeks. Will post update pics, weight and goals tuesday morning.

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Here’s my starter pics. Weights sitting at 218-219lbs first thing in the morning.

IMG_0092.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0107.JPG

Goals are to tighten up the mid section, pretty much a whole body recomp. Don’t care about weight gain or weight loss. I just want to look better by the end.

Will be following John Meadows Creeping death 2 and incorporating 3-4 cardio days throughout the week.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
I'm in.
My goal is to not look like a fat bag of sh***.

The bottom picture I'm attaching is from 19 September. The top is from 02 October. I'm working out of town right now and can't figure out how to load a current picture straight from my phone. I will post a current picture in approximately 24hrs.
oct2.2018.jpg

edit*** weight is currently at 250lbs.
Natty
I promise to take better pictures, lol

Attachments

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Here’s my starter pics. Weights sitting at 218-219lbs first thing in the morning.

View attachment 172983
View attachment 172984
View attachment 172985

Goals are to tighten up the mid section, pretty much a whole body recomp. Don’t care about weight gain or weight loss. I just want to look better by the end.

Will be following John Meadows Creeping death 2 and incorporating 3-4 cardio days throughout the week.
Still looking like a beast I see.....awesome starting point for a recomp imo. Expecting great things tbh (no pressure lol)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Alright guys, and gals, lets get the rest of those entries and pics up!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alright guys, and gals, lets get the rest of those entries and pics up!
I can attach pictures but my goal is to back squat (at minimum) 335 by the end of this. Sooo.... do I need to upload a picture?

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Still looking like a beast I see.....awesome starting point for a recomp imo. Expecting great things tbh (no pressure lol)
Ha thanks man, I’m hoping to make some good strides these next couple months. Finally have a good schedule going, it’s just the diet thing I’m working on now

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ha thanks man, I’m hoping to make some good strides these next couple months. Finally have a good schedule going, it’s just the diet thing I’m working on now
Get the noodz taken and get in hear brother!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can attach pictures but my goal is to back squat (at minimum) 335 by the end of this. Sooo.... do I need to upload a picture?
No Sir only if physique related.
You got this. Great starting point!

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in.
My goal is to not look like a fat bag of sh***.

The bottom picture I'm attaching is from 19 September. The top is from 02 October. I'm working out of town right now and can't figure out how to load a current picture straight from my phone. I will post a current picture in approximately 24hrs. View attachment 172999

edit*** weight is currently at 250lbs.
Natty
I promise to take better pictures, lol
You got this James!

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
20181023_043901.jpg

20181023_045129.jpg

Always in the fly, I can get arms and back pics also.
Goals
To maintain a 200-205 weight
Why is this a goal of mine?
I have my son's 14th birthday this Friday
Halloween
Thanksgiving
Wife bday day after Thanksgiving
Dads bday 12/4
My bday 12/8
Christmas / New years
^^^ these all consists of food/alcohol
2nd goal
Starting 11/1-1/1 I will be going staples only as far as supplements
Multi v creatine protein vaso6 and glycerol
No stims, no test boosters, no forskolin, no ashwangda, no laxogenin, no epicatechin
For those that follow my log, this will be a challenge for me. I have currently switched from a 3 year crash diet losing 100lbs that I have found to not be healthy for me anymore, to a new regimen of increased calories and no cardio. Starting the 3rd week of Nov I will be lifting in a more traditional manner, with dbs and Barbell. Squats and deads. I haven't been able to lift lime this due to lack of equipment that I own and working out at 3am.
Last year at this time I gained 39lbs up to 239 on Jan 1 2018, it took about 8 months this year to get that off. I'm not gonna let that happen this year!!
20181025_044626.jpg

20181025_043947.jpg

Last edited:
James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
I was finally able to get home and attach pictures. These are from this morning. I had a fantastic workout this morning @3:45. didn't leave until 5:15. deadlifts, incline rev. flies, weighted rows, shrugs and cable shrugs, bent-over rows, hang cleans, and 15 minutes of cardio. I'm feeling good about this thread and I hope you guys are as excited as I am for Jan. 1! Forget the new year resolutions and continue to find real solutions. Thanks for the inspiration gents.
My weight is currently 255lbs.
Current goal is to not look like a fat bag of sh***.
Would like to get down to 230lbs by Jan. If i am heavier than that, then id like it to be because of added muscle.
Natty.
10 years ago, i was a power lifter then went body builder. I leaned out while i was in the military and (due to some injuries and laziness) got really fat after i got out. now i'm looking to work my way back toward feeling good and looking better.

23october2018#2.jpg

23october2018.jpg

P.S. A big thanks to TheMyth for the encouragement.

Last edited: