GETTING AFTER IT

KingAnt

KingAnt

Awards
  • Established
Ok so I been training with a buddy who has no knowledge of working out or nutrition at all. It's been about 3 weeks and I've introduced him to some real inspirational people to help keep him motivated.
My style is intense. All or nothing. Rest when your dead. He is staying mostly on program (slower and weaker of course but that's expected ) but every day I seem to get a little bit more resistance from him in regards to one thing or another. Wether it's the run or the workout or lately even just listening to some badass dude talking about getting after it.
Basically his intensity is not up to par with mine. And I kinda look down on him for that (I know that's wrong of me. But hey let's be honest). And I dont want to fall behind in my training (mentally or physically ).
1. I could bail on him and keep it solo
2. I could put up with his mental weakness
3. I could keep trying till he bails
4. I could lighten up on the intensity
5. I could get even more intense.

I wanna help him. But he's kinda being a ***** lately. Keep in mind he's a buddy and I would like to salvage the friendship. And he is actually trying. He hasn't bailed yet but I feel it coming.

Opinions, advice, thoughts?

Dobs27

Dobs27

Awards
I had a girl who wanted to train with me...
But I trained everything...
She didnt train shoulders...she didn't train legs she didnt wanna dead lift..cried about cardio

This is what I did...

I would do what I wanted to do and she can do what she wanted to do because I told her upfront...I need to get my training in, and if you dont wanna do what I'm doing...well figure out something else you can do while I do my sets.

I wont let my progress go backward because of someone else. Because eventually they will fall off.

She started coming with me less and less an started doing her own thing.

We still friends. Lol

KingAnt

KingAnt

Awards
  • Established
I had a girl who wanted to train with me...
But I trained everything...
She didnt train shoulders...she didn't train legs she didnt wanna dead lift..cried about cardio

This is what I did...

I would do what I wanted to do and she can do what she wanted to do because I told her upfront...I need to get my training in, and if you dont wanna do what I'm doing...well figure out something else you can do while I do my sets.

I wont let my progress go backward because of someone else. Because eventually they will fall off.

She started coming with me less and less an started doing her own thing.

We still friends. Lol
Nicely done. Kept it simple and to the point. I think my problem is that I WANT to help too much. I want everyone to be better and to continuing making progress. But some people just ain't with the program. And I can't change what they don't want. Thanks for the advice

Dobs27

Dobs27

Awards
Nicely done. Kept it simple and to the point. I think my problem is that I WANT to help too much. I want everyone to be better and to continuing making progress. But some people just ain't with the program. And I can't change what they don't want. Thanks for the advice
If you guys are really friends he will understand. Or maybe I'll put some pep in his step! Best of luck :)