I need advice for my goal

CrazyBull

Awards
Hello everyone, Im new on this forum but not in this sport.
My info:
-Male
-22 yrs old
-Weight: 88kg
-Height: 170cm
-Body type: fat is more located on lower body, actually on upper leg and gluteus. Medium is on my belly and the lowest is on my calves and chest.

I started with serious training and changing in nutrition about 1 month ago.
I said NO to: chocolates and all things like that, chips and same stuff, juices, alcohol, white bread (now eating integral bread)...
What i eat: chicken and all other kinds of meat (without fatty- parts), yogurt (low fat, 1%), oats, eggs, tuna, fruits and vegetables...

When i started with this changes i was almost 92kg, now i drop on 88kg..

I trained 5x5 (which i think is not good idea) and HIIT in rest days...
So here is the question... Should i move on full body 3x week and do HIIT in rest days or what?

What is my eating schedule now?
Im trying to do, Intermittent Fasting, and i dont track calories and macro nutrients..

Breakfast: 2 whole eggs + chicken or Oats with yogurt
Lunch: Meat + potatoes
Dinner: Oats with yogurt + 1 peach+ 1 banana

I only just want to get rid of this fat ... Any advice ?

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Count calories and keep them the same each day
If you don't lose 1lb at the end of the week, lower calories by 5% taking them from carbohydrate

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You need to look into foods for cutting. Lower your calories and increase your exercise. HIIT cardio is great. Good decision. Look into different forms of cardio (swimming, jump rope...etc). Not just running.

As far as weights go, I prefer lifting heavy when I cut. Retain as much muscle mass as you can during this time. 5x5 isn’t what I would choose though. Takes a toll on your body after a while. Especially when you are lower on calories. I have to sleep but I’ll let this thread develop and I’ll hop back in with workout plans for you sometime this week.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Why don't you think that 5x5 is a good idea?

I can guess at some issues with your diet based on what you just said.

The biggest thing is that the only measurement you list is 2 eggs. Nothing else has any measurements.

If you want to lose things, only two things matter and only 3 tools are needed.

The two things that matter are calories and protein. You need to be in a deficit and you need to get enough protein. I would recommend 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight - which a lot of people will say is high, but I think you will see it helps both keep hunger at bay and also helps to preserve muscle mass.

The three tools you need are a food scale, a pen and a notebook.

Weigh and log everything you eat. If you aren't losing weight that long will tell you why, but only if it has the detail needed - what you ate and exactly how much.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I agree with above about 5x5 being very difficult to sustain when trying to lose weight. Actually, I think SS is superior to 5x5 as I found the latter to be too much volume. Neither is meant for losing weight. Once your lifts come up on those programs you’ve really gotta put some food away to feed the growth.

CrazyBull

Awards
Why don't you think that 5x5 is a good idea?

I can guess at some issues with your diet based on what you just said.

The biggest thing is that the only measurement you list is 2 eggs. Nothing else has any measurements.

If you want to lose things, only two things matter and only 3 tools are needed.

The two things that matter are calories and protein. You need to be in a deficit and you need to get enough protein. I would recommend 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight - which a lot of people will say is high, but I think you will see it helps both keep hunger at bay and also helps to preserve muscle mass.

The three tools you need are a food scale, a pen and a notebook.

Weigh and log everything you eat. If you aren't losing weight that long will tell you why, but only if it has the detail needed - what you ate and exactly how much.
Oh, i didn't mention other things because it's too low...
-2-3 eggs + 100-150 gr chicken 250-300ml 1% yogurt + 40-60gr oats
-200 gr meat (chicken or sometimes non-fat swine) + small portion of potatoes (here i dont know the measurement but its small portion) + one piece of integral (whole grain) bread
-250ml 1% yogurt + 60gr oats + 150-200gr peach
and i measured now on MyFitnessPal and it says ~1067 kcal

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
You need more calories than that, try to only lose 1lb a week. You're missing out on your nutrition by eating so little

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
-200 gr meat (chicken or sometimes non-fat swine) + small portion of potatoes (here i dont know the measurement but its small portion) + one piece of integral (whole grain) bread
So I just added up your food intake and not even including the "small" amount of potatoes I was at over 1300 calories and about 140 grams of protein. The potatoes could get this to 1500-1600 pretty easily.

This isn't a lot - but the fact you is you think you are under 1100 calories and being inaccurate is a big issue in dieting. If I dont really buckle down in my diet and track everything, I find myself eating way more than I think. Even Dorian Yates said he always underestimated things even after years of dieting and needed a scale. This is the most common reason people have ineffective diets.

And your strategy of cutting out foods like chocolates and treats, etc. Is good but it is typical of the lies we all have when we begin dieting. We go through phases where we get better and better. The first is the, I dont need much effort phase where we think we only need to do minor changes and the easy work. And this works at first, for a while. But then the flaws in the strategy come out.

And dont listen to anyone who says you are not eating enough to lose weight. It is common advice and completely wrong. Ethiopians prove the laws of thermodynamics apply here every day. If you aren't losing weight it is because your body has all the energy it needs ...and the most common cause is inaccurate tracking leading to a larger than expected supply of energy.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I said personally I do not like 5x5 on a low calorie diet and explained why.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A bigger deficit doesn't mean you will lose more fat. That is a disaster for losing muscle. You need to figure out your TDEE. Once you figure that out, figure out macros. Protein at 1.5/g of lbm for cutting, at least 20% of cals from fat, and the rest carbs. Also, you don't need to cut out any foods you enjoy, although it may be difficult to consume them while cutting.