Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For the past 30 years I have gotten a great bit of motivation from reading Body Building Magazines, even today with You Tube I still prefer a magazine. Right now I subscribe to Muscular Development & Flex, however flex is going away and Muscle & Fitness will cove the Body Building Scene. MuscleMag International was always a favorite until the death of Robert Kennedy, Ironman has not been the same since taken over by new owners.

Over the years I have subscribed to;

Muscle Media 2000
Muscle & Fitness
Flex
MuscleMag International
Ironman
Muscle Elegance
Power Mag
Women's Physique World
Musclar Development

I'm sure I am forgetting a few.

What Body Building Magazines do you read? Do you subscribe or pick them up a the news stand ??

kevker

Awards
For the past 30 years I have gotten a great bit of motivation from reading Body Building Magazines, even today with You Tube I still prefer a magazine. Right now I subscribe to Muscular Development & Flex, however flex is going away and Muscle & Fitness will cove the Body Building Scene. MuscleMag International was always a favorite until the death of Robert Kennedy, Ironman has not been the same since taken over by new owners.

Muscle Media 2000
Muscle & Fitness
Flex
MuscleMag International
Ironman
Muscle Elegance
Power Mag
Women's Physique World
Musclar Development

What Body Building Magazines do you read? Do you subscribe or pick them up a the news stand ??
In the UK muscle & fitness and flex are pretty poor. Only reason to read them is for the adverts. Muscular development was always my favourite, but even this seems to be losing its way recently.

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
Im following because I don't know any good magazines but prefer magazine over the Internet too.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Muscle Media 2000
Muscle & Fitness
Flex
MuscleMag International
Ironman
Muscle Elegance
Power Mag
Women's Physique World
Musclar Development

Muscular Development is the way to go for me. Cause they go into all sides of the bodybuilding world. Natty, Grey Area, and Dark Side. And have some great info. Only 1 store in my area carries it, and its hard to find, but I go there and pick it up when I find it. It's amazing I can find Marijuana Life in every store around the country, but if a magazine talks steroids you got to run around to find it.

kevker

Awards
Muscular Development is the way to go for me. Cause they go into all sides of the bodybuilding world. Natty, Grey Area, and Dark Side. And have some great info. Only 1 store in my area carries it, and its hard to find, but I go there and pick it up when I find it. It's amazing I can find Marijuana Life in every store around the country, but if a magazine talks steroids you got to run around to find it.
You can subscribe to the online edition. Costs at £10 in the UK, so thinking about 15 bucks in the us

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You can subscribe to the online edition. Costs at £10 in the UK, so thinking about 15 bucks in the us
I have it on my phone for when I cant find it. But I rather have the actual Magazine

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In the UK muscle & fitness and flex are pretty poor. Only reason to read them is for the adverts. Muscular development was always my favourite, but even this seems to be losing its way recently.
I remember the page Wars, when Robert Kennedy took MuscleMag International over 300 pages, now they are just a little over 100.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have great memories of a lot of those, but honestly haven't bought a bodybuilding magazine since the late 90s or early 2000s.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have great memories of a lot of those, but honestly haven't bought a bodybuilding magazine since the late 90s or early 2000s.
I am sure this is true of a lot of people

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
When I first started lifting I was using programs straight out of Muscle and Fitness magazine. HUGE MISTAKE!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
When I first started lifting I was using programs straight out of Muscle and Fitness magazine. HUGE MISTAKE!
I remember the Muscle & Fitness magazines from the early 80's all had articles in them about "Steroids Don't Work !!

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
Howz bout musclemag. They even had advertising in the back where u could purchase anabolics. I think all the anabolic company's were all over seas but...

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Howz bout musclemag. They even had advertising in the back where u could purchase anabolics. I think all the anabolic company's were all over seas but...
Muscle Media 2000 ran an article on Mexican Pharmacy and which ones to buy from and which ones to avoid !

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Muscle Media 2000
Muscle & Fitness
Flex
MuscleMag International
Ironman
Muscle Elegance
Power Mag
Women's Physique World
Musclar Development

I've got stacks and stacks of old md, flex, iron man ECT. Unfortunately over the past 3-4 years I find them less and less at the places I used to buy them so I just stopped. I also rather read the mag then online and lately I have been re-read old ones to kill time or see how much ideas have changed over the years

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've got stacks and stacks of old md, flex, iron man ECT. Unfortunately over the past 3-4 years I find them less and less at the places I used to buy them so I just stopped. I also rather read the mag then online and lately I have been re-read old ones to kill time or see how much ideas have changed over the years
I finally threw mine away, to much crap in the house !!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I finally threw mine away, to much crap in the house !!
I'm in the same boat, moved recently and put them in a storage unit, kept a few out but it's about that time. Not to mention moving a 10gal rubber maid full of them is like a ****ing deadlift workout. Those bastards are heavy

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm in the same boat, moved recently and put them in a storage unit, kept a few out but it's about that time. Not to mention moving a 10gal rubber maid full of them is like a ****ing deadlift workout. Those bastards are heavy
I had about 20 years worth of Body Building Magazines and about 40 years of Automotive... all gone but about 10 magazines

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Muscle Media 2000
Muscle & Fitness
Flex
MuscleMag International
Ironman
Muscle Elegance
Power Mag
Women's Physique World
Musclar Development

That brings back memories. Muscular Development was one of my favorites. Flex and M&F were advertisements with articles in between. Muscle Media 2000 was great too. I used to buy them all. Great for inspiration before I knew the reality of AAS versus what I was getting at the local three letter (may as well be four letters) store. The only thing that made it almost real was the fact some of the stuff I took was spiked... Wish I knew what I know now then. I would have PCT'd. :)

That said, those magazines were greatly inspirational. Great articles about nutrition, sleep, training. Great stuff there.

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Testosterone was a magazine that sucked me into biotest. It was a good magazine though.

johnl1800

johnl1800

Awards
  • Established
I pretty much only buy old (pre 90's) magazines on ebay. Mostly the old Iron Man magazine. I find the quality of the writing far superior and the physiques far more motivational. Most of the routines in the old Iron Man magazines were at least plausible. The majority of the articles and routines in the modern magazines read more like science fiction, particularly the junk that Weider pitched. Over the years there have probably been millions of wasted training hours by guys dutifully following Weiders' "Bombing and Blitzing" marathon training sessions bunk. I seriously doubt that the guys names who were attached to the articles ever even followed them.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I pretty much only buy old (pre 90's) magazines on ebay. Mostly the old Iron Man magazine. I find the quality of the writing far superior and the physiques far more motivational. Most of the routines in the old Iron Man magazines were at least plausible. The majority of the articles and routines in the modern magazines read more like science fiction, particularly the junk that Weider pitched. Over the years there have probably been millions of wasted training hours by guys dutifully following Weiders' "Bombing and Blitzing" marathon training sessions bunk. I seriously doubt that the guys names who were attached to the articles ever even followed them.
I always enjoyed the articles by Bill Starr.

johnl1800

johnl1800

Awards
  • Established
John McCallum had some pretty good articles in Strength and Health back in the 60's and 70's too.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
John McCallum had some pretty good articles in Strength and Health back in the 60's and 70's too.
I don't think I ever saw that Mag, but I really didn't start lifting till the 80's