GF throws up when she runs

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys so, I have even thrown up from running before, but that was because I haven’t done it in forever and I was so out of shape. But my GF exercises regularly but she STILL throws up. Whether she eats something light or on empty stomach.

The only thing I could possibly think it was which I’m not sure if it even matters is birth control, any thoughts?

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys so, I have even thrown up from running before, but that was because I haven’t done it in forever and I was so out of shape. But my GF exercises regularly but she STILL throws up. Whether she eats something light or on empty stomach.

The only thing I could possibly think it was which I’m not sure if it even matters is birth control, any thoughts?
10 years in the Army I have thrown up alot on Runs. Just gotta keep running. Best is to turn backwards and puke and then turn back around and keep going. Just get to eat a bigger breakfast after

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
10 years in the Army I have thrown up alot on Runs. Just gotta keep running. Best is to turn backwards and puke and then turn back around and keep going. Just get to eat a bigger breakfast after
That’s good you kind of understand, she and I are in the Air Force, so this usually hurts her time. This has been going on for a long time. I’m talking 6months plus.

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As much as I’d hate to say it, if it helped, I’d have her go off the pill and use condoms. ��

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That’s good you kind of understand, she and I are in the Air Force, so this usually hurts her time. This has been going on for a long time. I’m talking 6months plus.
I was Army Infantry. Running and throwing up takes practice. I would say go on short 2-3 mile runs on the weekend. See if that helps out at all. And do light running on the treadmill during the week, with sprints built in with it. Might help her out.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
As much as I’d hate to say it, if it helped, I’d have her go off the pill and use condoms.
That wont help. Only thing that helps is getting fixed, and I'm sure thats not in y'all plans right now

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
She may just need to build up endurance. I know you Air Force Guys don't run as much as us. We did 2 miles Mon, Tues, Wed, 3-15 mile road march(run) on Thurs, and 5 mile run on Friday's and we still ran on the weekends when we where off

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That wont help. Only thing that helps is getting fixed, and I'm sure thats not in y'all plans right now
Wait you saying fixing her issue with more practice or getting US fixed? Cause I highly believe BC works, unless she or I have been sterile this entire time.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Wait you saying fixing her issue with more practice or getting US fixed? Cause I highly believe BC works, unless she or I have been sterile this entire time.
More Practice Running will help. If it's BC related. Just getting fixed would help. But, I think it's probably more running would help the most

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Honestly, consult a doc. Nobody here (especially men) would know what your GF is going through. If some ladies have gone through the same, hopefully, they can chime in.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Honestly, consult a doc. Nobody here (especially men) would know what your GF is going through. If some ladies have gone through the same, hopefully, they can chime in.
This is true too. I'm just going off the information given jtmass

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is true too. I'm just going off the information given jtmass
I don’t even advice my wife when she’s going through some problems related to her body. I’ll just take her to the doc. Bc, I just don’t know how her body would react. It’s just too complicated TBH. We men are simpler and same goes with our body (in most cases). Don’t you think? Lol

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I don’t even advice my wife when she’s going through some problems related to her body. I’ll just take her to the doc. Bc, I just don’t know how her body would react. It’s just too complicated TBH. We men are simpler and same goes with our body (in most cases). Don’t you think? Lol
Yes, and No. Cause I have dealt with women (not many) in the military and problems with running. And since they are in the military I can give them basic advise before going to a doctor.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
When I used to wrestle, I would almost pass out afterwards and become nauseous. For me it was blood pooling in my legs. I had to lay down with my knees up for about 10 minutes and focus and relax. I would tap the wall with my finger until the nausea passed.

Maybe she has poor circulation in her legs?
Does she have seasonal asthma? I had that too. It's bad right now.

Both of you have a meeting with her doctor and then get back with us if you can. I'm really curious.

=-M

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Has she always thrown up after intense exercise or something which has started recently? The pill can cause nausea and shouldn't be taken to coincide with exercise. There is antiemetic medicine available if the pill is causing her to vomit. Nothing wrong with condoms either just use them right.

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When I used to wrestle, I would almost pass out afterwards and become nauseous. For me it was blood pooling in my legs. I had to lay down with my knees up for about 10 minutes and focus and relax. I would tap the wall with my finger until the nausea passed.

Maybe she has poor circulation in her legs?
Does she have seasonal asthma? I had that too. It's bad right now.

Both of you have a meeting with her doctor and then get back with us if you can. I'm really curious.

=-M
I will

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Has she always thrown up after intense exercise or something which has started recently? The pill can cause nausea and shouldn't be taken to coincide with exercise. There is antiemetic medicine available if the pill is causing her to vomit. Nothing wrong with condoms either just use them right.
No, she’s weight lifted with me before just fine.

To be more specific during her PT test she fully threw up. But when she runs at PT or with me she will dry heave instead.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is she using any supplements, fat burners or anything like that?

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have to have intra-workout carbs or I'll easily get light headed and sick every workout I do. Right now I'm using cluster dextrin, r-ribose and EAAs peri-workout, and this does the trick for me.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Have you tested her electrolytes? Over or under hydration or an electrolyte imbalance may cause these issues. Same with blood sugar levels.

It used to be that everyone avoided drinking when working out. Then we were all told to start drinking and people started showing up at the doctors' office with low electrolytes. Everything needs to be in balance. Too much or too little water, magnesium, potassium, sodium, and blood sugar could all contribute to this.

skeogh

Awards
Running used to make me sick as a dog when I used to wrestle. I know this sounds weird but what sorted me out was learning how to breathe while running. Inhale for two steps, exhale for two steps and I stopped feeling sick and my running improved dramatically.