Favorite recomp routines (while enhanced)

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are some people's favorite recomp routines here (while enhanced)?

Currently I'm doing an HST type (fullbody) routine on MWF and do cardio on my off days - but I'm doing more volume than what HST prescribes since I'm recovering fine, as well as adding in some isolation movements as well as some extra compounds/complexes in the form of KB exercises. Looking to switch this up in a couple weeks though to something where I hit every body part twice per week, with even more volume added in. Likely strength training once per week per muscle group and then volume/hypertrophy/endurance on the 2nd day I hit that group each week.

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Incorporate supersets and dropsets.
Also dont be afraid to do some HIIT!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In my experiences, I would stay away from full body or push pull routines while on cycle. I prefer high volume in addition to high frequency. Take advantage of being able to recover.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In my experiences, I would stay away from full body or push pull routines while on cycle. I prefer high volume in addition to high frequency. Take advantage of being able to recover.
That’s the thing, I am hitting high frequency, high volume. I hit everything 3x per week, probably 8-10 sets per body part per day, 3 days a week. I grow like a weed this way, and I’m only eating a surplus 2 days a week, rest of the time I’m in a deficite. Not only do my gains come fast and steady but I’m leaning out like mad this way too.

Thing is, after a month of training like this on cycle, the strength gains are so big and come so fast, that I have to switch it up to only twice per week frequency (per body part). Usually with one strength day (lots of sets of 5 rep / 3 rep maxes, with high volume finishers) and the second day is all very high rep / high volume. Gains tend to continue this way for me too. It’s probably what I’ll do again but I just wanted to see if anyone recommends a specific program that’s similar to this.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Incorporate supersets and dropsets.
Also dont be afraid to do some HIIT!
I for one am terrified of HIIT lol not really just used to do a ton of it and prefer not to if im meeting my physique goals without it. HIIT sucks lol

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On cycle, I really enjoy running a higher volume version of DC training.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I for one am terrified of HIIT lol not really just used to do a ton of it and prefer not to if im meeting my physique goals without it. HIIT sucks lol
I grew to love how much HIIT sucks lol... once I discovered KB's and barbell complexes. Can be super brutal but I love the intensity.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here's what I'm thinking of doing again. It's a modified Westside hypertrophy template. Will likely add in more volume.

MONDAY – Max-Effort Upper Body
TUESDAY – Dynamic-Effort Lower Body
WEDNESDAY – Off
THURSDAY – Repetition Upper Body
FRIDAY – Max-Effort Lower Body
SATURDAY – Off
SUNDAY – Off

MONDAY - Max Effort Upper Body (Day 1)

BB bench press – work up to a max set of 3-5 reps
Incline DB Press: 2 sets of max reps (rest 3-4 min)
/ Seated Row: 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps
-superset-
Rear Delt flyes: 2-3 sets of 12-15 reps /
DB shrugs: 3-4 sets of 8-15 reps
Curls: 3-4 sets of 8-15 reps

Conditioning: Prowler pushes / sled pulls

TUESDAY - Dynamic Effort Lower Body (Day 2)

Box Jumps: 5-8 sets of 1-3 jumps
Bulgarian split squats, front leg elevated (extended ROM) : 2-3 sets of 8-10 reps
Glute-ham raises: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Spread-eagle sit-ups (holding DB over chest): 4 sets of 10-15 reps

THURSDAY: Repetition Upper Body (Day 3)

Incline DB bench press: 3 sets of max reps (rest 3-5 min. between sets) or 4 sets of 12-15 reps
Lat pulldowns X Band pull-aparts (or rear delt flyes): 3-4 supersets of 8-12 reps of each exercise
DB lateral raises: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
DB shrugs X Curlbar Curls: 3 supersets of 8-10 reps of each exercise
Wrist roller: 2-3 sets

FRIDAY - Max Effort Lower Body (Day 4)

Squats: work up to a max set of 3-5 reps
BSS or Step-Up Variation: 3 sets of 6-12 reps
Ground-based, high-rep abdominal circuit –Perform 10-20 reps of each (3-4) exercise and go through the circuit 2-3 times. Rest 1-2 minutes between circuits

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's what I'm thinking of doing again. It's a modified Westside hypertrophy template. Will likely add in more volume.

MONDAY – Max-Effort Upper Body
TUESDAY – Dynamic-Effort Lower Body
WEDNESDAY – Off
THURSDAY – Repetition Upper Body
FRIDAY – Max-Effort Lower Body
SATURDAY – Off
SUNDAY – Off

MONDAY - Max Effort Upper Body (Day 1)

BB bench press – work up to a max set of 3-5 reps
Incline DB Press: 2 sets of max reps (rest 3-4 min)
/ Seated Row: 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps
-superset-
Rear Delt flyes: 2-3 sets of 12-15 reps /
DB shrugs: 3-4 sets of 8-15 reps
Curls: 3-4 sets of 8-15 reps

TUESDAY - Dynamic Effort Lower Body (Day 2)

Box Jumps: 5-8 sets of 1-3 jumps
Bulgarian split squats, front leg elevated (extended ROM) : 2-3 sets of 8-10 reps
Spread-eagle sit-ups (holding DB over chest): 4 sets of 10-15 reps

THURSDAY: Repetition Upper Body (Day 3)

Incline DB bench press: 3 sets of max reps (rest 3-5 min. between sets) or 4 sets of 12-15 reps
Lat pulldowns X Band pull-aparts (or rear delt flyes): 3-4 supersets of 8-12 reps of each exercise
DB lateral raises: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
DB shrugs X Curlbar Curls: 3 supersets of 8-10 reps of each exercise
Wrist roller: 2-3 sets

FRIDAY - Max Effort Lower Body (Day 4)

Squats: work up to a max set of 3-5 reps
BSS or Step-Up Variation: 3 sets of 6-12 reps
Ground-based, high-rep abdominal circuit –Perform 10-20 reps of each (3-4) exercise and go through the circuit 2-3 times. Rest 1-2 minutes between circuits
I may actually start this tomorrow lol looking for a change.

elo76

elo76

Awards
  • Established
On cycle, I really enjoy running a higher volume version of DC training.
This is where it's at!

To best describe it. I run a LPP/LPP PHAT style DC. I have 6 different workouts with different rep ranges. Every exercise is ran in the DC fashion with 1min rest with the exception of the big 3 which are ran 5x5 with 2min rest.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I may actually start this tomorrow lol looking for a change.
It's pretty awesome all around, I ran this for over half a year a couple years back. Covers all bases, strength, hypertrophy, athleticism. They actually have a version of this for combine (football) athletes as well.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is where it's at!

To best describe it. I run a LPP/LPP PHAT style DC. I have 6 different workouts with different rep ranges. Every exercise is ran in the DC fashion with 1min rest with the exception of the big 3 which are ran 5x5 with 2min rest.
How many days per week do you train when using these workouts?

elo76

elo76

Awards
  • Established
How many days per week do you train when using these workouts?
I train 5 days a week using the 6 workouts. This allows each muscle group to get a break and only get trained once every 3rd week.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did my first day today and I enjoyed it. Changed a few things but I really liked it.