My routine, am i getting fat?

Jsgym

Awards
Hi guys, so I've been going to the gym since around September last year and have since put on 10kg (now 86kg) and my weight increase came to a stop. For the past 1-2 months I've been eating at around 3500 cals plus, I feel like most of this weight is going to my stomach, and hips. Is this normal? I gym 5 times a week, splitting chest, shoulders, legs etc. Any diet advice or training routines would be appreciated.

APC80

APC80

Awards
You may need to cut body fat to improve your insulin sensitivity. Normally when you start to find it hard to gain muscle and instead your body starts storing fat this is the problem. 10kg in 6/7 months sounds like you’ve dirty bulked and gotten a bit pudgy so time for a cut mate.

Jsgym

Awards
I have been skinny my whole life and been underweight, I'm 6'4 and a year or so ago was probably around 10 stone.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have been skinny my whole life and been underweight, I'm 6'4 and a year or so ago was probably around 10 stone.
You should probably post pics. I am 6 foot and up until my early twenties I was about 10 and a half stone (147lbs). I'm now 192lbs but I'm 42 and have quite a different metabolism. When your super skinny (no offense) even the smallest amount of belly fat can feel like your becoming really fat when in fact it's just experiencing weight gain and it feels weird. I get posting pics can feel uncomfortable. I post them on my log then delete after a few days as I'm not 100% comfortable with posting pics.

Jsgym

Awards
No offence taken at all mate, I still am skinny (arms and legs) and I can see where you're coming from by saying that I feel like I'm becoming fat. Do I carry on eating and training like I am? Or do I make changes if this carries on. Cheers

APC80

APC80

Awards
Sorry but you haven’t really explained your problem properly or what your goal is so it’s hard to help with such little info we’re all just stabbing in the dark here. I don’t understand what you’re asking.

What’s your diet like, what’s your rough bf%, what’s your routine like?

Is it the fat gain that’s worrying you, have you plateaued in your training, are you just gaining fat and no muscle/strength or what?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’ve been skinny my entire life. I am 5’9” and the heaviest I have been has been 185 with only the top 2 abs being barely visible. Now the rest of me was a lot more lean but not my stomach. I’ve been trying to put on mass my entire life. I woke up a few weeks ago and decided it was time to cut and see what I’m working with and start over. So far I’m down 8 pounds in about 4 weeks but I feel bigger than I’ve ever been. My chest is so much more defined (that’s where I saw the fat loss first as well).

When cutting while preserving muscle mass, the true key is diet. Many people over look that but it really is a game changer. The harder you go on diet the faster and better results you will see.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was always very skinny as well. I’m 6’1 and started out around 155 lbs. Now I’m usually around 195 lbs. When I first started bulking up, the increase in belly fat worried me a bit but I was so determined to get bigger arms, chest, shoulders, back, etc, that I just figured it was a sacrifice I had to make. You may have to come to that conclusion too. If your bulk is too clean then it’ll take a lot longer to see a difference. My original bulk was about 85% clean but I left some room for a little high calorie junk. I gained a lot of weight quickly by doing this and it made me look a lot better in a shirt. When I’d take the shirt off you could tell I gained quite a bit of fat but I had my base.

Maybe you’d benefit from taking that same route. Once you have that bulky base then you switch your focus to cutting some fat. But if you start cutting now then you’ll just wind up back at the beginning or close to it. And if your going to be eating a bulking diet then you gotta train like a beast. If those muscles don’t get torn then they won’t need repairing and all those excess calories will just get stored as fat instead. So lift hard always!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
keep that bodyfat in chek and due a cut if youve havent for a while. At least do a cut for three months once every week

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
3500 cals + in a day, week or what?