Quick workout Critique Please

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys just looking for some feedback on my current workout. Been doing it for about 2 months now, definitely seeing progress, just wanted some feedback to see if there is anything I can do to improve it. I’m currently 6’1 and 220lbs. I’m mainly looking to recomp right now, so drop a little fat and maintain/increase strength, mass gain isn’t as important right now although wouldn’t be a bad thing. I dropped deadlifts in favor of more squatting since my legs are my weakest point, and I don’t think my lower back could sustain full body workouts if I added in deads. I generally shoot for a specific rep range and using the same weight, add 1 rep per week until I hit my goal reps, then increase the weight and start over. So let’s say squatting 225lbs for 3x8 this week, next week 3x9, then 3x10, then increase weight to 235 and start back at 3x8.

Monday
Squat 5/3/1 Style
T-Bar Rows 3x10-12
Standing Press 3x8-10
Quad extensions 3x15
Hamstring Curls 3x15
Seated calf raise 5x15+
Face Pull 2x10

Wednesday
Front squat 3x12-15
Good Morning 3x10
Flat DB bench 3x8-10
Chest supported row 3x10-12
Standing DB press 3x8-10
Close grip cable Pulldown 3x10-12
Standing Calf Raise 5x15+
Lateral DB raise 2x15

Friday
Squat 3x8-10
Cable Row 3x10-12
Incline DB bench 3x10-12
Wide grip cable Pulldown 3x10-12
Reverse Goblet Lunge 3x10-12
BB curls 3x8-10
Skullcrushers 3x8-10
Upright Cable Row 2x15

Tuesday/Thursday are conditioning and core days. I generally do an ab circuit both days, with Tuesday being LISS cardio (30mins+ incline walking on treadmill) and Thursday doing more HIIT style cardio with airdyne bike/tire flips/farmers carry etc.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Only had a quick glance bro but you seem to be hitting most muscles in each session.

I would add deads back in though, Friday seems a natural spot. They are a tremendous leg builder and provide a massive test boost through the high weight used.

Personally I’d do a heavy 5x5 before you squat and focus on loading the hamstrings before each pull.

Scottfalcon

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the help man. I actually dropped deads because they were causing me so much piriformis pain that i actually had an almost month long period a year ago where I could barely walk/stand/sitand obviously not train. This was during a reset also, since I had been having the pain I decided to drop weight back to 135 and work my way back up with perfect form, I think the heaviest I lifted was around 185 before I had to stop.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the help man. I actually dropped deads because they were causing me so much piriformis pain that i actually had an almost month long period a year ago where I could barely walk/stand/sitand obviously not train. This was during a reset also, since I had been having the pain I decided to drop weight back to 135 and work my way back up with perfect form, I think the heaviest I lifted was around 185 before I had to stop.
Ok cool. Might be worth looking at trap bar deads instead then. The trap bar can enable better positioning to put even more emphasis into the legs.....