Extended traps?

Jcc7220

Awards
What exercise gets that Dorian Yates, extended down the entire back traps look? I’m not really sure what’s to call it lol but it looks intense

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can you show us a picture? It just sounds like you are referring to muscle insertions, which is genetic, or his erector development, which is amazing since he has one of the best backs.

Jcc7220

Awards
IMG_1315.jpg

This photo shows what I’m talking about well, in the center of his back rite under is traps but looks like it’s part of his trap

btothefman

Awards
duplicate post

Last edited:

btothefman

Awards
i think your pics is referring to rhomboids not traps.

romboid rows concentrating on volume and form, otherwise incline bench dumbbell shrugs and plate shrugs thrown in after every back / shoulder set. In addition to the staples bbl shrugs, behind back bbl shrugs and other compound back exercises.

whenever I do back now it's back/traps or shoulders is now shoulder/traps, always superset to get the volume each week.

I couldnt get mine to grow until i smashed them with volume and work them until they burn, plate shrug burns too at the end of each set seems to work.

Check YouTube on form for example shrugs should go up then at an angle up/back as they are not only used to raise weight but also pulls them back and up.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Rhomboids that look like that are a product of steroids. Without steroids you will never in a million years get rhomboids that look anywhere close to that naturally.

Jcc7220

Awards
Rhomboids that look like that are a product of steroids. Without steroids you will never in a million years get rhomboids that look anywhere close to that naturally.
I understand and I about a year Ill be as far as I can go and will make the steroid commitment... but I still would like to know what exercise will hit the Rhomboids

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Deadlifts hit them best for me. They will bring your whole back up to snuff.

Jcc7220

Awards
Deadlifts hit them best for me. They will bring your whole back up to snuff.
Your prolly rite.... I been thinking more of like a shrugging movement like maybe you while doing rows if I shrugged my shoulders rather then using my arms I could isolate the rhomboids?

Thrudvangr

Thrudvangr

Awards
If you mean the lower traps, try pronated shrugs, reverse fly, deadlift/rack pulls.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the middle and lower traps. The function of the lower traps is depression of the scapula.