No gym help

Jaycar

Awards
I am about to start work in the country/outback. There will be no gym i have resistance bands and a door pull up bar. I have been looking at stuff like p90x as i have never used resistance. Also i wont have a dvd player but am happy to pay for a download. Any advice

DonutsNDeads

DonutsNDeads

Awards
I am about to start work in the country/outback. There will be no gym i have resistance bands and a door pull up bar. I have been looking at stuff like p90x as i have never used resistance. Also i wont have a dvd player but am happy to pay for a download. Any advice
I know you said you don’t have access to a DVD player but do you have a laptop with dvd capabilities? If not you can torrent insanity or p90x

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Keep an eye out for large stones for strongman style workouts. Also you could always make things. Different size buckets filled with cement and various lengths of pipes will make dumbbells and barbells. Go on YouTube and search homemade workout equipment, you can make tons of stuff. Good luck

Jaycar

Awards
There maybe a cow but i dout i could bench a thank **** or god there is no crocs

Jaycar

Awards
Cheers i have a door pull up bar which can be used for upper body its my lower body i am worried about maybe squats lunges calf raises with cement bags

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Literally in the country?

Make your own sandbags and use them for farmer's walks, 100 squat challenge. swings, skull crushers, weighted lunges. 25, 50,80lbs increments.

Look up boot camp workouts
one armed pushups. then add a ball.
100 burpee/squat thrust challenge
100 pullup challenge
Anything that is typical HS, boot camp PT and add that extra challenge to failure or timed.
Prison or bench dips.
Make some markers and sprint repeatedly
If terrain is rolling then carry those weights up/down hill
Loads of stuff that will harden you up.
Maybe you can bring a 50lb 2" battle rope? Or a TRX setup? Although the above is enough as you can do many derivatives of body weight or body weight plus what you can make/scrounge.

And if you are doing outside physical labor that will be punishing enough and you will be focused on food and rest.

Jaycar

Awards
It is more dessert like. Thanks for your help i have brought a few resistances band and have done research on miltary/jail type of training food and rest always number 1