Thoughts on doing a 10 x 10 for mass on cycle?

Jr94

Awards
I'm on day 10 of a halo/yk11/mk677 cycle and I've been doing a 10 x 10 routine for most of my lifts (bench, squat, row, deadlift) with a 5 x 10 for additional lifts. It seems to be working great so far for me I've seen muscle growth and have felt sore for about 2 days after a lift. I just want some opinions on the effectiveness of this scheme and if it's good for adding size, which is my main goal. I'm running this cycle for 8 weeks so I'm hoping to put on 20lbs. Im running halo @ 105mg, yk @ 15mg, and mk @35mg. Also, how frequently should I workout a week on cycle? Im doing 4 days training with 1 day off which equals out to roughly 2 days off a week.

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some of my best gains as a youngster (high school and earlier) came from 10 sets of 10. (Size and strength).
4 days is fine, if thats what you can fit in.

I was doing (example):

Bench - 10 x 10 (or close, always taper off on last couple sets to about 8 reps from lactic acid).
D-Bell Bench - 5 x 5 (heavier)
Flyes - 5 x 5 (heavier)
Pec Deck or cable flyes - 4 x 10

Or something like that... worked well...

pro45

Awards
I think it's different for everybody. I did it as a natural and lost mass. I gained when I went on a 10x3 routine. But again, I'm completely natty.

Jr94

Awards
I think it's different for everybody. I did it as a natural and lost mass. I gained when I went on a 10x3 routine. But again, I'm completely natty.
I could see how you might lose mass depending on your situation. Luckily I put on mass quickly on cycle or off, but once I get to my genetic potential or above, (which is roughly 200lbs) I have to start dropping sets and raising weight to keep it on.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10x10 has been proven to be inferior to 5x10. Honestly 10x10 can make plenty of people think they are doing more but I’ve never felt that way. Do whatever makes ya feel good at the end of the day but 5x10 is better in terms of hypertrophy and strength.

Jr94

Awards
10x10 has been proven to be inferior to 5x10. Honestly 10x10 can make plenty of people think they are doing more but I’ve never felt that way. Do whatever makes ya feel good at the end of the day but 5x10 is better in terms of hypertrophy and strength.
I'm thinking about running a 10 x 10 for about 4 weeks then finishing up the last 4 weeks on a 5 x 5 or 5 x 10

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5x5 is tried and true. The rundown and breakdown of a 10x10 and a 5x10 scheme is pretty set in stone however. The greater outputs in speed, endurance, power, and overall strength were present in 3 different studies including one that did extensive bloodwork on the subjects to observe recovery via a different avenue. I honestly wont recommend it to a soul knowing that now, but theres some broscience to anything. Give it a go. Ive done 10x10 GVT and even Smolov and I say results but I also know when I was just beating myself down and I could have had greater results dialing back and being more productive. As long as you keep track of your total volume and intensity you can make it something great. Best of luck however!

Jr94

Awards
5x5 is tried and true. The rundown and breakdown of a 10x10 and a 5x10 scheme is pretty set in stone however. The greater outputs in speed, endurance, power, and overall strength were present in 3 different studies including one that did extensive bloodwork on the subjects to observe recovery via a different avenue. I honestly wont recommend it to a soul knowing that now, but theres some broscience to anything. Give it a go. Ive done 10x10 GVT and even Smolov and I say results but I also know when I was just beating myself down and I could have had greater results dialing back and being more productive. As long as you keep track of your total volume and intensity you can make it something great. Best of luck however!
Yeah when it comes down to it, it's all about listening to your body and doing what gives the best result to your specific situation. I think there's benefit in both, and I think it's good to change your routine semi-frequently to target your muscles different ways

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah when it comes down to it, it's all about listening to your body and doing what gives the best result to your specific situation. I think there's benefit in both, and I think it's good to change your routine semi-frequently to target your muscles different ways
Yea I used to think the same until I actually helped with compiling data on the subject. I honestly think we get away with a lot solely due to being human.