Whats the best workout program you've used

nolinenowait

Banned
Awards
My workout routine is kind of cluttered now and am in need of something new.

nolinenowait

Banned
Awards
how come you do squats and dl every other week

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
because both squats and deads are very hard on your entire body and CNS ... i find doing them every week with maximum weight to failure you'll overtrain and be VERY fatigued very quickly ... its just not necessary to do them every week

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
I am really digging German Volume Training, if your in a plateau, read the sticky and give it a try

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I'm reading the book beyond brawn, its very interesting. Talks about all the primary lifts and how just everything is just small increments. Good approach to lifting and gaining size. It was written for hard-gainers.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I'm reading the book beyond brawn, its very interesting. Talks about all the primary lifts and how just everything is just small increments. Good approach to lifting and gaining size. It was written for hard-gainers.
I have the book too and I've made my best gains in my nearly 6 years of experience using Stuart McRoberts principles. Although I've been using DoggCrapp's training techniques for the past 2 and a half weeks and I don't think I've ever enjoyed training as much as I do now. I myself am a hardgainer so I do much better with these types of training styles. BTW, Rest-pausing and extreme stretching are killer!

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I have the book too and I've made my best gains in my nearly 6 years of experience using Stuart McRoberts principles. Although I've been using DoggCrapp's training techniques for the past 2 and a half weeks and I don't think I've ever enjoyed training as much as I do now. I myself am a hardgainer so I do much better with these types of training styles. BTW, Rest-pausing and extreme stretching are killer!
Did you use small increment weights and the trap bar? I'm about half way through the book but still confused about setting up a weeks workout. Mind showing me the one you used when you used his?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Did you use small increment weights and the trap bar? I'm about half way through the book but still confused about setting up a weeks workout. Mind showing me the one you used when you used his?
I didn't add 1 or 2 lbs at a time if that's what you're asking. I never got around to buying smaller increment weights. I usually went with a 5 lb increase on small lifts and a 10 lb increase on bigger lifts. I did use a trap bar when available and it is a whole lot easier than traditional DL's with a BB. Also good for shrugs. But of course most gyms don't have them so I usually don't use it. I've used several workouts, but the one I used the most and had the most success with looked like this.

It's a 3-Days-a-Week program (MWF)

Monday
Warm-Up
1. Squat or Leg Press
2. SLDL
3. Pulldown or Prone Row

Wednesday (accessory day)
Warm-Up
1. Calf Work
2. Crunches
3. Grip Work
4. Side Bend
5. Curl
6. Neck Work
7. L-Fly

Friday
Warm-Up
1. Some form of bench press or Weighted Dips
2. Overhead Press

Basically your workout is based around a few key lifts. The Accessory day in between is used to strengthen those muscles surrounding the key muscles used on the heavier lifts. This type of workout is intended to give you a max amount of rest with minimum overlap between workouts. High Intensity, low volume. Diet will be very, very important as well. May not seem like much, but if you are a hardgainer, trust me, it works. If I forgot anything, let me know. It's been a while since I've done this particular routine.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
where can if i find doggcrapp's routine
Generally DC training is for more experienced trainees, usually with 4 plus years of training experience. But, if you insist, you'll find the absolute best info from this forum. http://intensemuscle.com/index.php? Make sure you read, read and read some more. If you have a question, keep reading. Trust me, there is plenty of info to find on the stickies and in the search engine without having to ask questions. Don't be stupid about it. It's not something you can just jump into, especially if you're a newbie.

nolinenowait

Banned
Awards
thanks i've been only training for about a year so maybe i'll try it later on