Can leg workouts effect your lower abs for the better?

use2Bfat

use2Bfat

Awards
Tore my ACL about 5 months ago, had surgery and am still not fully released yet. I'm on my 3rd week back into my leg workouts and before this last summer I never lifted so my lower body isn't in the same great shape as my chest and arms. I have my six pack but struggle to define my v lines because I still have that fat I can I get rid of. My legs are lean and muscular but def. not defines and they don't have much size to them. How hard is it to gets the badass lower body as
compared to getting the ideal upper body? I tend to see more people with big arms and abs then I do with muscular athletic looking thighs and calves.. If I can figure out the secret to let exercise will this positively effect me when trying to get rid of that last little bit of belly fat and love handles?? Here's a pic of me

image-3433841424.jpg

I'm happy with my upper body completely but that last little bit bothers me.. Please help? Also when I cut I lose my bodyfat but I lose size and lifting gains so I've decided to try and change with exercise and keep my normal calorie consumption. I'm on protein and creatine as well. I'm sort of a beginner with the science of things but experienced with trial an error so any help and suggestions would be really beneficial! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How hard is it to gets the badass lower body as
compared to getting the ideal upper body? I tend to see more people with big arms and abs then I do with muscular athletic looking thighs and calves.. If I can figure out the secret to let exercise will this positively effect me when trying to get rid of that last little bit of belly fat and love handles??
Well, first off, IMO when most guys start to lift, they are interested in adding size to the arms, chest and shoulders first and foremost. The BP and curl is most likely the 2 most seen exercises in commercial gyms. That is most likely why many people you see, have those areas developed. The back might be a distant 3rd ish. The legs and hips and glutes are usually down on the list of importance and if some guys do them, they do not do them with the zeal of the upper body stuff. (At least I did not at first either)

The legs are not complicated to develop or get size onto and generally definition comes from fat or adipose tissue and or getting leaner/watching calories. They respond just like most other muscles, with resistance/loads, reps, sets and regular work.
They might be however, more uncomfortable for some to work, since they are using much more of the body's mass and energy to move the resistance and the body in the big leg movements.
Squatting, deadlifting, leg pressing, lunging and even the iso moves like extensions and leg curls can be tougher than most any arm/upper body work and especially squatting as it can take more out of one to work the biggest muscle areas of the body.