hack squat
standing calf

day b :
squat
romanian deadlift
walking lunge
leg curl
monkey calf

i am training home and dont have leg press or hack squat what alternative can u suggest me for hack squat that will be effective as the hack squat ?
(i tried barbell hack squat but the barbell stuck at my hamstring and i hate this exersice so please dont suggest him )
my goal is mass and hypertrophy .
another question is could i get bigger legs with hack squat than what i can get witouth it ?

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Front squats are a good alternative that you already have in there. Heavy load, high reps. Uncomfortable, but quite effective.

nightmare1234

Awards
there is no other exersice that will be effective as the hack squat for mass purpose ?

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can absolutely get MASSIVE legs without hack squatting. I see sumo deadlifts, back squats, and front squats in your routine. You're well on your way to size even without hacks. Look at an Olympic weightlifter. Massive legs, and all they do are cleans, snatches, front and back squats.

nightmare1234

Awards
ok man ty, if it isnt so metter so i will add bulgarian squat :) ty

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You also list a very quad dominant routine. Make sure you aren't treating you hamstrings as an afterthought. This can lead to strength ratio imbalances and cause problems down the road.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you are really bent on hack squats, you could try the hack lift.
Personally, I bought a hack machine 15 years ago and used it a few times. It felt like my knees caps were going to fly off and shoot thru my wall and hit my neighbor in his house 50 yards away.

I can get a huge quad pump with leg presses (depending on foot placement) and trap bar deads standing on 4 blocks with a slight heel.

nightmare1234

Awards
ty man ,
i think u are wrong about the powerlifter ,
the powerlifter who has really good legs do addiotional work for this for sure i have seen alot of post about this and that what ppl say and it seem more realistic or they have awsome genetic or something like that ,
are u powerlifter ?
i have done starting strengh and bill starr and i got no muscle at all compare to now that i do P/P/L routine with more exersices and more reps like 8-12 reps range it is better by alot IMO

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ty man ,
i think u are wrong about the powerlifter ,
the powerlifter who has really good legs do addiotional work for this for sure i have seen alot of post about this and that what ppl say and it seem more realistic or they have awsome genetic or something like that
But the majority of their work and mass, is from the major compound exercises they do. Heavy back squats, front squats, RDL's, cleans...
And sure, genetics play a role, but anyone will prosper most likely the best, from the heavy compound work.

You could do these without any machine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6BN4nP56So

You could also try these...

nightmare1234

Awards
my english isnt so good so let me understand , the dips and the dumbbell arnt good as the pec deck machine right they are even worse compare to the pec deck ?

nightmare1234

Awards
so why it say that dumbell is EMG 69 and pec deck is 79 EMG ?