Time in the Gym

jmr79x

jmr79x

Awards
How long do you guys usually stay in the gym for? I feel like I get to the gym and i'm done my routine in 45 minutes.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
However long it takes. 1 to 3 hrs. Depending on a bunch of factors. 45 minutes will do for some but some iron vets have such a high threshold for punishment. Like me. Plus the "dont spend over an hour in the gym " is literally the most damaging myth. You start worrying about that **** and your workout will suffer

At the end of the day you can even build muscle running like a marathon runner for 1 hour after your workout if you eat enough to supply the habbit.

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
My work week workouts are 1 to 1/2 just because thats how long it takes to do what I gotta do usually

My weekend workouts are 2-3 hours.

We don't workout based on hours... we workout based on what we gotta do...

like pyro said... just do your routine. it takes however long it takes.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1-2 hours. Usually longer if my weightlifting partner is with me.

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
I've gone as high as 3 hrs doing Arnold style volume. But right now, I'm doing 531 with two auxiliary rest pause sets and I'm done in 20 minutes.

bce

Awards
I'm usually in for about two hours, but that includes cardio. But some days are longer than others as well.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hour to an hour 20 or so for squats and deads. Im gona keep personal opinions out of this. Try with first intensity and then solid volume and see how long you last. It depends if you're PLing, bodybuilding or just getting healthy too.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Depends on the day.....if I'm pressed for time I circuit train, if I'm doing back I trybti give atleast 1.5 of allotted time

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll generally spend anywhere from 2-3 (even 4!) hours at the gym.

Between coaching technique (depending on who I train with), warming up/Prehab, ME sets (depending on how many I get that day) and assistance volume I can be there for a while.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
I spent a hair over two hours deadlifting today. Normally I get through it in 90 minutes but I had the girlfriend with me today, so a lot of plates needed unracking and reracking.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
-Half hour of mobility and warming up
-1.5 of lifting, longer on max effort days (more warmup sets, longer rest periods)
-15-30 minutes prehab/mobility

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Depending on the day and phase of training, anywhere from 1-4 hours.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
As a natural lifter 45 minutes to an hour. I don't think a natural lifter could ever benefit from 3 hours in the gym

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If we are talking pre and post stuff, it's more like 2-2.5. I don't do mine at the gym everyday, sometimes at home. Actually time spent on working sets... 1-1.5 hours on average.

LivingStrongE

Awards
1hr-2hrs depending on the day and how I feel. This includes weight training and cardio.