How permanent ?

Happened doing squats fml wasn't even heavy

What exercises ?

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You got a diagnosis that it is herniated?

Keep your back in a neutral position as much as possible. Reduce spinal flexion and extension.

Its possible for it to repair itself, depending on severity, otherwise surgery might be needed if it gets worse.

Spinal bracing movements, static core work, glute work is about all I might suggest. Minimize spinal loading at this point in time.

Check out the work of Gray Cook for info on bracing.

NY Iron might be able to give you more info.

marcink99

marcink99

Awards
I had/do 3 disks when I would band over pain would go to my legs/feet. My hiropractor was adjusting me for almost a year and that fixed the pain problem.

So what do you do? Iam 100% your disk are fine you just pulled a muscle during squats do to bad form(it happend to me before) 3 sessions of sport massage worked for me.

If you dont want to spend money streach and lay off the squats and heavy lifiting till it stops hurting in my situation it took 2-4 weeks I dont remember exactly.

what exercises? NONE if you want it to heal quicker. Maybe small intensitiy cardio and yoga

I would seriously give yoga a try... A lot of time those injuries happen do to tight lower back/hamstrings.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes MRI based on radiologists (verbal diagnosis) said herniation l5 s1

Need a doctor to confirm

Pain during flexing extention.

I don't have pain in glutes quads or sciatica

It happened during squats on the way up. Butt stuck out to far with forward lean and I believe a muscle loosened because it felt like my pelvis buckled similar to the way your knee can buckle when walking

I was super setting glute bridges with squats.

It was t even heavy.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My Hammies are tight when sitting in a pike position

But I'm flexible when in in the figure 4 position. I'm able to grab my toes no problem

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Have someone analyze the movement of the SI joint. Does one side rotate up further than the other?

You can analyze hamstring flexibility via the active leg raise test. Lie supine, flat. Raise one leg with an extended knee while keeping the other leg flat on the ground. If you cannot raise past 60 degrees that ham is really tight. 90 is ideal. Repeat with the other leg.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My si joint and hip were both out

The day I injured it I got an X-ray immediately and went straight to pt where they put me back into place

My Hammies are really tight based on the test you told me

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Best way to increase sarcomeres in series (functional length) is with eccentric hamstring stretching. Get a band, pull your leg into full ROM the whole time resisting with the hamstring.

Static stretching will acutely reduce tone and give you some relief as well. Maybe rotate the days. Also check for anterior pelvic tilt, as it may be a case of lower cross syndrome.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Best way to increase sarcomeres in series (functional length) is with eccentric hamstring stretching. Get a band, pull your leg into full ROM the whole time resisting with the hamstring.

Static stretching will acutely reduce tone and give you some relief as well. Maybe rotate the days. Also check for anterior pelvic tilt, as it may be a case of lower cross syndrome.
How can I check for that pelvic tilt. X-ray howed on hip higher then other

Apparently my right hip drops when doing single leg bridge with leftleg

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Side view picture of you standing shirtless and shoeless is one way.

Another is to stand with your feet 2-3 inches away from the wall, and your butt, shoulder blades, and head touching the wall. Have someone slide their hand into the space made by the arch of your lower back. If they can get it in to the past the first few knuckles of the fingers then you have some APT. If the whole hand fits back there you have a large degree of APT.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Its hard to say with your arms down. You can always take another with them up.

It also looks like torso is tilted a bit forward in the pictures...but that could just be the picture. I'm wondering what would happen to the pelvis if you stood so that your shoulders were aligned over your ankles.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ill have to try

But leaning against the wall like you told me to on the right side the hand got all the way through

Left side just the fingertips

I've been doing some bridges
Single knee to chest
Seated stretching
And rolling on a tennis ball since it seems only the right side is where I feel most of the pain. I stay on it for 10 min or so and pain goes away somewhat when doing extention standing but nt much during flexion

When I hit about 90 degrees of flexion standing up I get The pain in the sacrum

I may have to try and do monster walks if I can