HELP dam bi's

toastynoodles

Board Supporter
Awards
A guys ive been stuck on the same weight for my bis to long need some tips!!!!!!

curls=LOL 30lbs
Need help?????????????
been on that weight for 7-10 weeks!!!!

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
your info is a little vague?

how's your diet been? what's you routine been like?

mine got stuck for a while; then i doubled the amount of sets i was doing with volume work on my bis, changed the routine using different exercises, and they began to grow again

toastynoodles

Board Supporter
Awards
mon/thur= back and bi's.
start off with back goes like this
T-bar row- 3set 10 reps
pull downs-3sets 10reps
rev grip pull downs 3-sets 10 reps
Than on to bi's by now my arm are warmed up
Standing BB curls 3sets 8reps
concentration curls 3sets 10reps
Ez-bar preacher curls 3sets 10 reps
Then if i got any feeling in my arm's left throw in some hammer curls till my arms fail.
Diet not the best in the world but sure not the worst!!only supp's im on right now is a muit-V and been on a EC stack for 2weeks!!!!!!!1

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
mon/thur= back and bi's.
start off with back goes like this
T-bar row- 3set 10 reps
pull downs-3sets 10reps
rev grip pull downs 3-sets 10 reps
Than on to bi's by now my arm are warmed up
Standing BB curls 3sets 8reps
concentration curls 3sets 10reps
Ez-bar preacher curls 3sets 10 reps
Then if i got any feeling in my arm's left throw in some hammer curls till my arms fail.
Diet not the best in the world but sure not the worst!!only supp's im on right now is a muit-V and been on a EC stack for 2weeks!!!!!!!1
Another thing I did was also lower my target reps and tried my best not to go to failure; just to get somewhere near it...

This is just a suggestion, but I'd make all arm work 8 reps and raise your workout weight accordingly... I had trouble growing when using 10 or 12 reps myself; I had to drop down to 6 or 8 depending on the exercise; just a suggsetion for arm work:

try:
Incline DB Curls 3x8
EZ-bar Preacher Curls 3x8
Machine work 4x8 or Standing DB Curl stripset 2x
It depends on what you want to do as your 3rd exercise really, personally i like to burn out using one of the cable machines... i get an EZ-bar made for the cable machine and do really high weight to near failure for 3 sets and then on the 4th set i go to full failure...
after that point my arms cant take anymore...
or
another one I do is standing dumbell curls, I pick a normal workout weight, take it to absolute failure (no forced negatives), then i immediately drop off 10lbs, I go to absolute failure, then i drop off another 10lbs and go to failure again...
Thats one set, I do it one more time and my arms are like rubber, sometimes my muscles hurt so much at that point i have to rest lol, it burns like your calves do when they are pushed hard...

Also, I dont know how your full workout split is; but I work biceps twice a week, if this helps a little bit, you may wanna try ever 3 or 4 weeks adding an extra set just to increase the volume on your arms, you'll know when its TOO much tho; biceps are VERY resilient muscles and recover very quickly...

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i'd suggest changing around your entire routine so you don't train any bodypart 2x in one week .. it really takes a huge toll on your body and you're probably overtrained

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I agree with Glenihan. Take it down to back and bi's once a week and try to work bi's first instead of second in the routine. less is more.

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
once a week and cut the volume. i had the same prob. i went down to 2 - yes - 2 - sets of standing BB curls after back and they got much stronger. you are already hitting your bis when you do back - esp. the reverse grip pulldowns. maybee kill those too. you think lowering volume does not work - try it for 2 weeks - you are already getting no where.....

darius

I work my biceps once a week and do it like this:

I don't throw up the bar or anything foolish like that. I always maintain good form and try to squeeze on the top and come down with the bar slow instead of just dropping it.

1. Standing EZ Bar Curls: 2 Sets - 115lbs 8 Reps, 2 Sets - 105lbs 8 reps (different hand position.
2. Preacher EZ Curls: 1 Set - 105lbs 8 reps
3. Standing Alternating Dumbell Curls: 40lb dumbbells, 2 Sets - 8 reps (squeeze on top).
4. Hammer Dumbell Curls: 40lb dumbells, 2 Sets - 8 reps
5. Concentration Dumbell Curls: 35lb dumbells, 2 Sets - 8 reps.

So thats 11 sets for the biceps, once a week. Sure it may be overkill for most, but my mesomorphic self loves them and responds well to it.

This bi pic was taken a few months ago.. its bigger now. :)

Attachments

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I agree, take the volume down a notch and lessen the frequency, eat like a mutha and you'll push forward. If you're overtrained you might want to decondition/take time off just to let things reset. You'd be suprised as to how strong you can come back as after 10 days off.

I'm kinda stuck in weight for bis as well but my left wrist is tweaked and I'm trying to work around it.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
Bobo seems to advocate 2x a week training :) so long as you keep the intensity down you can do as many sets as you want...

thought the HST-only mindset died off when it was shown that volume works very well when done correctly

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I really like slow and controlled training for all bodyparts but especially bi's and tri's.

My bi's also seem to respond better to higher rep training in the 10-12 range.

Why not try 4-1-4 tempo. 4 second negative. 1 second pause. 4 second concentric. This works very well for me. Yes, I gotta lower the weight a lot but you definitely get a better mind muscle connection going on AND you get to feel and see the muscle actually working.

Just a thought.

toastynoodles

Board Supporter
Awards
Thanks guys, going to give back and bi's 1x a week and drop the reps down!! see how it works for the next 3 weeks!!

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
I def agree you should try backing off the sets and possibly not follow back with bi's you've already prefatigued your bi's and your intensity may suffer. Also don't spend more than 45 minutes in the gym at a time. Come back later if you absolutely have to.

It may even help to simplify things a little, focus on basic exercises and drop the needless ones. Focus on bigger bodyparts and compound lifts, and as crazy as it may sound your most important day might be squat day. Nothing like some good ol huff and puff squats to force your body to grow!

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys, going to give back and bi's 1x a week and drop the reps down!! see how it works for the next 3 weeks!!
I agree with them as well about keeping it to once a week and I also agree on keeping bicep volume relatively high. I have done both and so far the higher volume is definitely working better. Also try making your movements slow and controlled, especially on the negative.

kmac6225

king of useless information!!!
Awards
  • Established
Focus on bigger bodyparts and compound lifts, and as crazy as it may sound your most important day might be squat day. Nothing like some good ol huff and puff squats to force your body to grow!
BIG bump on this - Big lifts like squats and deads will stimulate other muscles to grow...plus chicks don't like it when your legs are as skinny as theirs :rofl:

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
BIG bump on this - Big lifts like squats and deads will stimulate other muscles to grow...plus chicks don't like it when your legs are as skinny as theirs :rofl:
I thought this idea was discussed enough where it simply was not true...
cept the last part :D

In a little social experiment yesterday; I asked several of the guys with larger arms how they worked their bis... MOST of them worked them on back-day and did extra isolation sets...
the older guys who had been working out for 20+ years told me that biceps require a lot of sets to grow, just like calves...

anyway... getting into an overreaching state it takes a while; but really overtraining for a couple weeks can help bust through plateaus, its why they work...

things work differently for different people... so good luck