Muscle group twice per week

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anybody know of any good routines to hit a muscle group twice per week? I had before, but was training 6 days a week with it- it was a tad too much. Im looking to continue putting on more size. Ive always hit legs twice a week. Wonderig what you guys recommend. I appreciate any advice

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
What muscle groups are you looking at hitting twice per group? Because some get hit twice per week on a normal split anyway (i.e. Abs, biceps, triceps, legs (to a degree if you deadlift on back day) etc.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it'd be nice to hit chest and back twice, or at least alternate hitting either of twice. I deadlift on quads day along w Romanian so I guess I already hit back twice

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
i do every body prt once a week..train 4-5 days a week...I dont like over training and like time to rest and eat and repair.I have always made gains ,always....and never do any bdy prt 2 times a week,its over kill to me,unless your juicing then you can train until your blue in the face.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Layne nortons phat routine is good... Or westside for powerlifting. Once a week is good, most ill do is 3 times in 2 weeks like doggcrap

tigerdb2

tigerdb2

Awards
Training 2+ times a week will not result in overtraining if you can program and periodize sensibly. Hell, even if you can't, you probably won't even reach a phase of overreaching

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Training 2+ times a week will not result in overtraining if you can program and periodize sensibly. Hell, even if you can't, you probably won't even reach a phase of overreaching
"if you can program and peiodize sensibly" a lot of people have trouble with this
someone who is used to training once a week with higher volume may have trouble dropping down the volume to train it twice a week

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
"if you can program and peiodize sensibly" a lot of people have trouble with this
someone who is used to training once a week with higher volume may have trouble dropping down the volume to train it twice a week
I agree with this. I usually do a few sets for each group.

Upper & Lower each twice per week (2 upper sessions/2 lower sessions). Split up for heavy & light sometimes and adjust the reps and sets appropriately and eat good and sleep...
Do the cardio on my off days sometimes or 15-20 minutes after I lift. Just got back on this routine.
The 5 day a week split only works if you are lifting hard. Some people ain't hitting it hard enough.
People need to try different routines & see what works best for their bodies.

broda

broda

Awards
  • Established
Chest/Back
Legs
Off
Chest/Back
Legs
Off or whatever you want
Off

Basically Upper/Lower like Aaron said

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Oh & make a strong focus on TUT & negative...

Slow going down gives a good burn & control it. Some people focus so much on just getting the weight "up" drop it slow and you will be using the muscle a great deal vs. just lifting the weight up & should see a nice increase in gains.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh & make a strong focus on TUT & negative...

Slow going down gives a good burn & control it. Some people focus so much on just getting the weight "up" drop it slow and you will be using the muscle a great deal vs. just lifting the weight up & should see a nice increase in gains.
Def! Controlled movements!

Look into DC training : ) if you give it a fair shot you won't regret it...

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I appreciate all the responses. lookin at DC right now. I do also like chest/back together if I do it right. and with the TUT-that's what got my chest out of a plateau...

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
5/3/1
westside

or any 4 day split with an upper/lower focus